Please give the following skills a buFF

Hi, there is a need for buffing certain skills, please buff the following skills

Taste Identification
Item Identification
Magery
Forensic evaluation
Herding
Begging
Camping

Thank you,

Together we make the game greater!

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,037
    Magery as do all schools of magic certainly need a revamp an actual cold damage spell would be one example mystics should have a travel spell a resurrection spell etc
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,174
    Grimbeard said:
    Magery as do all schools of magic certainly need a revamp an actual cold damage spell would be one example mystics should have a travel spell a resurrection spell etc
    Might be unpopular but I'd disagree here with most of this statement (except I do think there should be a decent strength direct cold damage spell in one of the magics). It's the same thing with saying all pets should be blank slates and be able to get ever skill/ability.

I like the fact that different magics have some different perk spells because it gives a reason to have the different skills. If every school of magic had the same curse/remove curse/bless/teleport/recall/resurrect type spells then there would be no need to use different magic and at that point why not just have 1 skill called "Magic"?

I think the different schools of magic should maintain their strengths and weaknesses to give people a reason to train & use multiple magics. Otherwise you are just going to see everyone running the same exact template everywhere you go; some type of warrior with "magic" because it's a "do everything" template.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 790
    I think it's been said plenty that it would be fun to see these lesser, or not at all, used skills become useful and it's still true! :-)  For sure need cold damage spells added to magery. And I have to go with the Grim one on the idea Mystics need a travel spell.

@keven2002 I kind of think the opposite of what you're saying with regard to being able to vary builds if Mystics had a travel spell. I was messing around with trying to put together a melee fighting/mystic...
    I was thinking I might, depending on what I wanted to go do, switch out Swords for Archery or another melee skill, stoning whatever I wasn't using. And maybe switching out Bushido for Parry if I went with a Macer.

It was not being able to travel with ease, unless using a human for the jack-of-all-trades and making sure any runebook I carried was full up on recall scrolls that made it clunky and less fun.

I'd rather just be able to come and go from my ship, or grab my Hag's Quest, or Nature's Quest, or Dungeons, or Trade Runs runebook and take off. But at the same time, not have to always depend on magery or chivalry skills being a part of the template in order to get around easily. Or having to make sure I'm a human with a nightsight item and a stack of recall scrolls. 

Maybe a special runebook could be a prize from an event. A no-fail, regardless of what skills your character has, runebook that requires no scrolls.

Am I looking for an Easy Button? Maybe...but a travel spell for each of the magic user classes doesn't seem too crazy to me.  And a magic travel guide, no-fail runebook for melee characters, sounds awesome to me! lol

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,037
    Lore wise I see the gargoyle race as cut off from the rest of the world so they would not have had magery instead they developed mystisim 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 906
    Camping was the best skill in the game on LS during a certain EM event there nearly a decade ago.  not so useful outside of that though.  -I wonder if anyone that knew about it still plays?

I remember selling 40 slithers on a couple trips to Atlantic during that time.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 528
    edited April 6
    Tracking needs to be seriously buffed too. Even with GM Tracking, the range is slightly outside your CC screen, just enough for the name tag to pop up. They should introduce a daily quest from the Huntsmaster for GM Trackers, that spawns a high intensity or even a rare/extinct random creature somewhere in the world, and it only appears when the GM Tracker with the quest uses Tracking in the correct area. Something along the lines of "Rumors of a supposedly extinct Bane Dragon/Dread Warhorse/Silver Steed/Dark Wolf being spotted in the Yew Woods have been circulating. Care to check it out?"

Active Spirit Speak use should also recover Mana from corpses, especially if in Lich Form.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 492
    edited April 6
    If anything needs a buff it's making melee templates not need to be sampires.  Why are 5 slot pets so much stronger than a player character?
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 790
    Tracking needs to be seriously buffed too. Even with GM Tracking, the range is slightly outside your CC screen, just enough for the name tag to pop up. They should introduce a daily quest from the Huntsmaster for GM Trackers, that spawns a high intensity or even a rare/extinct random creature somewhere in the world, and it only appears when the GM Tracker with the quest uses Tracking in the correct area. Something along the lines of "Rumors of a supposedly extinct Bane Dragon/Dread Warhorse/Silver Steed/Dark Wolf being spotted in the Yew Woods have been circulating. Care to check it out?"

Active Spirit Speak use should also recover Mana from corpses, especially if in Lich Form.
    Tracking quests would be a lot of fun!

• poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    edited April 7
    LilyGrace said:

Tracking quests would be a lot of fun!

I totally agree !

I have for long wished to be able to get a Quest where I had to "track down", investigating terrain, foot prints, remains and what not, perhaps getting to wandering NPCs to ask them for clues and hints to then reach the target of that "tracking hunt Quest" and get my Reward...

Also, the engine for these Quests should be dynamic so that it won't be like they get done once, and then all the others would be easy to get done just because the pattern was to be the same... a dynamic engine would always randomly change the clues, the NPCs to talk to and all that so as to make it so the all Tracking Quests would be different from one another.

The added Bonus with a "dynamic" Quests engine would be that, being all different from one another, they could not be scripted, I imagine...