The new publish (non-pvp) on TC1?

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,174
    Thanks for the info Kyronix - appreciate the update!
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,408
    Kyronix said:
    We are working the final portions of 117 through QA and expect to be moving to TC1 in the coming Weeks

I'm not going to address specific questions until it hits TC.

Fixed that ;)

I hope it goes to test today !
    Skett said:
    Kyronix said:
    We are working the final portions of 117 through QA and expect to be moving to TC1 in the coming Weeks

I'm not going to address specific questions until it hits TC.

Fixed that ;)

I hope it goes to test today !

Likewise!
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,260
    Hi Devs,

I think somehow we may have forgotten to sync our calendars at the beginning of the year.

Just to let you know, I am free to play the new content this weekend, I hope this does not inconvenience you too much. :)

Regards, Cookie.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,036
    The silence a deafening slap in the face.. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,852
    Grimbeard said:
    The silence a deafening slap in the face.. 

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• RangeIIRangeII Posts: 15
    I just downloaded a patch but there are no patch notes on the splash page yet
    edited April 5
    Looks like some updates have been made at the black market - FYI all

Skull carver has interesting stats.

Skull sword:
    70 lightning
    50 HLD
    25 curse
    30 SSI
    50 DI
    100 poison weapon
    Cannot be repaired.
    I do have to laugh, they are trolling us, it is quite brilliant. :)

There is data on uo-cah, and Kyronix has just become my favourite person in the world, anyone have any issues with that, you can take it up with me. :D
  • Community ManagerCommunity Manager Posts: 139Dev
    edited April 5
    TC1 is live with the new content! You can check out the new content on YouTube as well;
    Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
    Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
    Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
    E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 915
    the black market "rewards" look to be a complete load of shit
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited April 5
    Cookie said:

There is data on uo-cah, and Kyronix has just become my favourite person in the world, anyone have any issues with that, you can take it up with me. :D

I wonder why the +5 Magery/Eval-int shield isn't listed there?  Edit: It's listed in the full list of 'new rewards', but not in the list that has each category by date/publish yet.

-players complain skill point increase is getting out of hand (as a result of global loot, and certain event rewards) -Devs, add a shield with magery skills (the one that needs to be nerfed the most),  Shields should probably become disarm-able with this patch.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited April 5
    CovenantX said:
    Cookie said:

I wonder why the +5 Magery/Eval-int shield isn't listed there?  Edit: It's listed in the full list of 'new rewards', but not in the list that has each category by date/publish yet.

-players complain skill point increase is getting out of hand (as a result of global loot, and certain event rewards) -Devs, add a shield with magery skills (the one that needs to be nerfed the most),  Shields should probably become disarm-able with this patch.
    These skill points will in fact be the first skill points added to my mages, i’m ok with that.
    My general opinion on mages, is adding +skill, detracts other vital properties a mage needs, weakening them.

It’s the warriors posing as mages that are the issue, not the mages, we will have to continue disagreeing.

Seen the new waki lately, and you choose to complain about a shield? 

I’m not having a go at the waki either, my warrior loves it.

edited April 5
    Cookie said:
    CovenantX said:
    Cookie said:

These skill points will in fact be the first skill points added to my mages, i’m ok with that.
    My general opinion on mages, is adding +skill, detracts other vital properties a mage needs, weakening them.

It’s the warriors posing as mages that are the issue, not the mages, we will have to continue disagreeing.

Seen the new waki lately, and you choose to complain about a shield? 

I’m not having a go at the waki either, my warrior loves it.

The Waki (storm lord's steel) is broken because of a specific magic property procing on attacks that it's not intended too (Who the f**k knows how long it's going to take for that to get fixed?)... also, mages are using that too btw.... apples to oranges in comparison to the real issue, nothing new there.

the shield is bonus skill to skills that won't affect the mastery with better and more useful properties on an item that only had +10 parry as a useful possibility before (which again, affected Parry Mastery if you used it for the +10 parry), now that slot has reactive paralyze as well... it's a good item, but counter productive if they want to bring more balance to an imbalanced era of pvp.

I don't like the waki, because it's one of only two 'effective' things dexers have, to even contend with parry-mages..   it's all splintering weapon & sparks, damage overtime garbage to use as interrupts because there's nothing else to use as a counter when you can't land hits often enough to interrupt,.  it's pretty f**king stupid to pigeon-hole every dexer into using specific items (weapons) because they're considerably less effective without them.   that's the result of Parry being the way it is. 
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    you talking about this ?

Hit property “Sparks” no longer triggers on special moves

edited April 5

Skett said:
    you talking about this ?

Hit property “Sparks” no longer triggers on special moves

yes, but it's still going to be used as a fall-back excuse (to keep parry broken). even if the fix works as described.

ICQ# 478 633 659
    ya parry needs adjusted for sure but how it is, is the problem to many opinions I guess
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 528
    edited April 6
    Hate to say it, but a lot of the new Artifacts suck. Corsair's Insignia, Libram of the Stormy Seas, and Blackheart Baubles are fine.

Fortune's Visage is just straight hot garbage (absolutely inferior to Mark of Wildfire in all ways).

Sea Tempest's Bulwark is more of a PvP item (when Parry Mages are already a problem), and PvM Mages have a lot of good options from Hook's Shield to even currently spawning Legendary Artifact Shields. Good Dexxer shields though, are relatively rare, you basically have to buy a no-name Legendary (which no longer spawn) if you want a real good Dexxer shield.

Skullcarver is meant to be a PvP Wep, but good luck getting dexxers to drop Splintering for a Curse effect when the Hit Curse effect has a 30 second cooldown, and will just be insta appled. Curse doesn't matter either when you're spamming AIs.

Skullcarver is meant to be a PvP Wep, but good luck getting dexxers to drop Splintering for a Curse effect when the Hit Curse effect has a 30 second cooldown, and will just be insta appled. Curse doesn't matter either when you're spamming AIs.
        I use curse scrolls on my dexers (most people I pvp with do as well)... didn't even know there was a 30s cooldown on hit-curse property. tbh.   I'm pretty sure the only weapon that has it (currently live) is a gargoyle-only weapon with 10%. such a rare proc it isn't worth using. when curse scrolls are a consistent and controllable 'curse'.

Tbh, the skullcarver isn't horrible (though I am still annoyed that it's "Cannot be repaired"- especially when all the better non-weapon rewards have no negative properties (aside from shard-bound?)), it's just a bad weapon type for a hit-curse property, AI as you said, isn't affected by resistances so curse is useless as it relates, and concussion blow's added damage is also direct damage unaffected by resistances, so that leaves the 'auto-attack' damage from concussion blow and of course, regular auto-attack hits.    
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited April 6

Sea Tempest's Bulwark is more of a PvP item (when Parry Mages are already a problem), 

I'm sorry, is there a problem giving a reward to pvp mages?
    Especially considering the bokuto, and the waki weapons that have been given as rewards.

For some of us, this is 100% our playstyle.

And parry mages would not exist, if they did not have to, they are a symptom, not the cause - I could use 120 skill-points in a much more fun way in another mage skill if I could - but this is where we are.

My main character, a pure mage, is now retired from PvP. and basically everything.

The talisman, the spellbook, the garg earrings, the shield, bringing back some older items - all great.

The weapon - is a wierd one, interesting, I will accept the warrior players opinions on that item, as I have no interest in weapons :)
    Hate to say it, but a lot of the new Artifacts suck. Corsair's Insignia, Libram of the Stormy Seas, and Blackheart Baubles are fine.

Fortune's Visage is just straight hot garbage (absolutely inferior to Mark of Wildfire in all ways).

Sea Tempest's Bulwark is more of a PvP item (when Parry Mages are already a problem), and PvM Mages have a lot of good options from Hook's Shield to even currently spawning Legendary Artifact Shields. Good Dexxer shields though, are relatively rare, you basically have to buy a no-name Legendary (which no longer spawn) if you want a real good Dexxer shield.

I'm reserving my complete opinion on these items until I fully test the items and try to add them to some suits I have, but yes my initial take on the new items is that the totem/spellbook were the standard plug and play items with a new slayer but same stats as previous versions (safe choice) & the garg earrings was refreshing to see some garg love trying to bring Yukios earrings to the garg race.

Agree 100% that the dexer luck helm is not good and does not have enough intense properties (outside 250 luck) to make it usable. The Wildfire mask is far and away the superior item.

The Bulwark shield is a bit of a head scratcher for me.

Genesis Gem (haven't used yet) but initial thought is that (in CC) it turns my triton from green to red... meh.

The skullcarver looks interesting but I didn't know that about the curse property. I don't mind the fact it's not repairable if it's going to stay as a black market reward. I'd actually be in favor of getting high intensity items that aren't repairable if we are able to continue to get them.
    Shouldn't fortunes vistage be a pirate hat ;)
    agreed it should be 
    Skett said:
    agreed it should be 
    if not at least transmogable
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    Does anyone have any idea, other then based on personal preference for one or the other type of hunt, which among the multiple ways possible with this new Event will be the most efficient way to get Pirate Hats ?

Not all people have that much time at hand to spend playing a computer game, some might have time constraints and, thus, might not be too much picky in chosing the type of Hunt that they enjoy the most even if not the most efficient one... some might be forced to have to pick the most efficient one, even if it is not the one which they might enjoy the most, due to their scarce time at hand to play...

Personally, I would guess the Void Pool could be the most efficient way considering how the waves increase in numbers and toughness of creatures so, the rate of kills is very high... but this is a mere guess...

What do players think in this regard ? What is their guess ?
    popps said:
    Does anyone have any idea, other then based on personal preference for one or the other type of hunt, which among the multiple ways possible with this new Event will be the most efficient way to get Pirate Hats ?

Not all people have that much time at hand to spend playing a computer game, some might have time constraints and, thus, might not be too much picky in chosing the type of Hunt that they enjoy the most even if not the most efficient one... some might be forced to have to pick the most efficient one, even if it is not the one which they might enjoy the most, due to their scarce time at hand to play...

Personally, I would guess the Void Pool could be the most efficient way considering how the waves increase in numbers and toughness of creatures so, the rate of kills is very high... but this is a mere guess...

No need to guess popps get on test and learn for us all 
    it hasn't been out 24 hours yet but it seems to all be slow drop rates to me @popps
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 915
    popps said:

Play the game.   Didn’t take you long to start asking questions. Live on test for 24 hours and you are off.  How about you stop trolling here and jump on test instead of waiting for easy mode thanks to other players’ graft 
This discussion has been closed.