New event

Well it's two days past Easter.......

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,174
    edited April 2
    Kyronix did say "in the coming days" last week which I assumed also meant this week, but I can't remember the last time they implemented something on a Monday so I figured it would be more like Wed or Thurs.

He also said they were wrapping up QA on it so that might of hit a snag and the release to TC1 might be pushed back some. That said, they've had 3 months to develop and do QA so I can't imagine there being too many issues at this point and that it should be released to TC1 either by the end of this week or Tues/Wed next week.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,117
    Bring it on!

:) 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    If only there was some sort of manager.... for the community... that could keep us posted on what's going on with the new event. I'd be willing to guess that would be such a popular thing they could probably get a job doing that... we could call them the Community Manager!! ... oh wait.. :/
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,409
    are the new/return black market items permanent ? @Community Manager

• creampiecreampie Posts: 82
    Skett said:
    are the new/return black market items permanent ? @ "Community Manager"

there is black market stuff permanent and event stuff not permanent the hat stuff isn t permanent
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    lol you have to go to the sea market, good luck with that Atlantic.

• MitMit Posts: 38
    Hope they make a temp gate then... Cause dang... Hard to git there in the first place on ATL
    Love the rewards!   Flaming Tritons!  Balron Armor!

Much More.

Veteran Rewards

• Hiryu Statuette – 2 Year
    • Sphinx Statuette – 4 Year
    • Enchanted Gardening Shears – 6 Year
      • Will automatically harvest all seeds and/or resources from garden plants
    • Lady of the Snow Statuette – 8 Year
    • Ultima Dragon Deco Pack – 9 Year
      • Decorative Ultima Dragon Bunting, Banner, Flag, and Wall Shield
    • Decorative Lava Pool – 12 Year
      • Small, Medium, and Large
    • Enchanted Greenhouse – 13 Year
      • Holds plants without counting against house lockdowns.

High Seas & Black Market Updates

The following updates have been made to to High Seas & the Black Market located in Buc’s Den,

• Updated list of pirates
    • Added uncommon crabs & lobsters to merchant vessel cargo
    • Black Market Rewards
      • Added additional orchid colors
      • Plunderplucker – bard instrument, random lesser & super slayer.  Replenishes charges
      • Ruckuss Rum
        • Shield Transmogrification Target
      • Ship Paints – 4 new hues
      • Skullcarver
        • Artifact Weapon, Human & Gargoyle
      • Pumpkin Cannon
      • Pumpkin Rowboat
      • Reward Titles
        • Swabbie
        • Deckhand
        • Shantyman

Shrouded Sails

Participate in a variety of activities & encounters to collect Plunderin’ Pirate Hats.  Increase your odds of collecting Plunderin’ Pirate Hats with the Potion of Glorious Fortune!

• The Void Pool – pirates have invaded the Void Pool!  Test your mettle in this all out pirate brawl!
    • Treasure Chests
    • Messages in a Bottle
    • Scalis
    • Corgul
    • Charybdis
    • Merchant Ship Crews
    • Plunderbeacons
    • Dread Pirates

Visit the Sea Market to exchange Plunderin’ Pirate Hats for rewards,

Reward costs are temporary, and final reward costs will be set with World Wide Release

• Returning Rewards
      • Wildfire Lantern
      • Balron Bone Armor
      • Mark of the Destroyer
      • Ranger’s Cloak of Augmentation
    • New Rewards
      • Corsair’s Insignia – Talisman Artifact
      • Libram of the Stormy Seas – Spellbook Artifact
      • Blackheart Baubles – Gargish Earring Artifact
      • Fortune’s Visage – Orc Helm Artifact
      • Sea Tempest’s Bulwark – Skull Shield Artifact
      • Genesis Gem – allows magical transformation of the Triton to the Lava Lizard body type

Ultima Store

• Shrouded Sails Ship Dyes – 6 new premium ship dyes available!
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 492
    Pawain said:

Much More.

Where'd you see Flaming Tritons?
    Feigr said:
    Pawain said:

Much More.

Where'd you see Flaming Tritons?
    • Genesis Gem – allows magical transformation of the Triton to the Lava Lizard body type.
    ya i didnt see it other than the Triton re skin fire lizard gem thing
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 528
    Was hoping the Mark of Wildfire (Luck Mask) would also make a return.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,260
    You will get done for copyright infringement soon. :)

edited April 3
    Was hoping the Mark of Wildfire (Luck Mask) would also make a return.

There is a "Fortune's Visage" (Orc Helm) which might be a luck helmet. I'd guess for a warrior maybe?

Is it a little curious to me that they brought back the Ranger cloak (again) before they brought back the Wildfire mask though. We have the serpent quiver for 5% SSI and Jumu's for 5% SDI - I'm not sure where the ranger's cloak would fit in these days.

EDIT** For those that missed it - they are going to prevent people from giving descriptions on power scrolls / trans scrolls / alac scrolls. That sounds like they've listened to what people have been saying on those.
    Whitewolf said:
    lol you have to go to the sea market, good luck with that Atlantic.

This might help with scripting IMO. Having to sail to a place (even if they park their ship and row boat) could interrupt the bot trains who typically would just recall in to turn in their drops and recall out back into the action.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,036
    I assume there is nothing yet to see or uo.cah would have data mined. this either an "accidental" leak or another mistake..
    Adding lobster and crab to ships a nice work around but doesn't change the fact that catching no names like missing with your weapon or fizzling a spell should be tied to skill level 
    edited April 3
    Grimbeard said:
    I assume there is nothing yet to see or uo.cah would have data mined. this either an "accidental" leak or another mistake..
    I'll give credit where credit is due - I think the Dev team is sticking to the deadline they gave. Release notes for TC1 were posted (yesterday late afternoon I'm assuming) which will be followed by the content sometime this week (my guess is today or tomorrow).

Also - Uocah datamines from a patch and is typically getting the new tags/art. If they haven't put something out then everything is likely using existing artwork / titles / tags. I don't think they've ever put out the reward properties before they've actually been released on TC1 or Prod.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    Without a sparkle or gate to the Sea Market people can be blocked from getting to the dock by bad actors filling up all dock-able places in a denial of service type of attack.  The devs could make the sparkle or gate not usable by EJ accounts.

The good news is they are adding pumpkin cannons and rowboats to the black market. Yay
    TimSt said:
    Without a sparkle or gate to the Sea Market people can be blocked from getting to the dock by bad actors filling up all dock-able places in a denial of service type of attack.  The devs could make the sparkle or gate not usable by EJ accounts.

The good news is they are adding pumpkin cannons and rowboats to the black market. Yay
    You get moved from floating dock very quickly 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    Grimbeard said:
    TimSt said:

You get moved from floating dock very quickly 

From personal experience not if there is an active character on board.  Have a character recall around all to of the ships to keep the ships at the someone is on board state. (Mods please remove the previous sentence if it violates the TOS)
  • Community ManagerCommunity Manager Posts: 141Dev
    More information is always posted when we get closer to the publish (TC1, etc) on uo.com. Thank you for your continued patience!
    Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
    Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
    Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
    E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

More information is always posted when we get closer to the publish (TC1, etc) on uo.com. Thank you for your continued patience!
    Even the vaguest of time lines would be helpful 
    Ya it really would 
    Grimbeard said:
    Even the vaguest of time lines would be helpful 
    Skett said:
    Ya it really would 

Apparently not.  They said after Easter.  That was a vaque timeline that still stands. 

Probably be on TC today or tomorrow. 
    Would be cool if today but it’s almost 6pm so highly doubt it for tonight