pets of new and old

I know alot of people are always asking for new pets, but instead maybe revisit some of the existing pets? there is alot of tamable pets in UO just a majority of them aren't worth while , prime example would be the dragon turtle, i think the dragon turtle should be on par with the triton.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    All pets should have access to all skills without free healing cu and Triton wouldn't be as popular 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,111
    edited March 25
    The damage type and what magic abilities a pet can get is what matters.

Dragon Turtle Hatchling does 100% physical damage.  Not desired. 
    The only high HP mob that is lower in Physical resist is Dreadhorn.

A Lesser Hiryu would be the best all around pet that does 100% physical damage.
    They can get the useful magics and have plenty of building points.

They made most Eodon Pets do 100% Physical damage and not have the ability to get Chivalry.
    They nerfed the Gallusaurus for some reason, they used to be 1 slot lower.
    Dimetrosaur and Saurosaurus would be interesting with different damages and Chivalry.
    Triceratops can gain Healing.  That would be a bulky beast with different damages and Chivalry.
    The cats would be nice with different damages and Chivalry.  You run out of places to put points when you build Tigers.  Sabre-tooth can gain natural healing.

Consume eliminates the need for a pet to have healing.  But, the popular 2 pet types that have healing can get Chivalry and do not do 100% physical damage.

Reptalon would be a underutilized pet, they can get the good magics and have a high intensity build.  Tame a 2 slot one.  They have 75% Energy 25% poison.

I have probably made a guide on Stratics for any other underused pet you want to build.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    Pawain said:

They made most Eodon Pets do 100% Physical damage and not have the ability to get Chivalry.
    Dimetrosaur and Saurosaurus would be interesting with different damages and Chivalry.
    Triceratops can gain Healing.  That would be a bulky beast with different damages and Chivalry.
    The cats would be nice with different damages and Chivalry.  You run out of places to put points when you build Tigers.  Sabre-tooth can gain natural healing.

Consume eliminates the need for a pet to have healing.  But, the popular 2 pet types that have healing can get Chivalry and do not do 100% physical damage.

Reptalon would be a underutilized pet, they can get the good magics and have a high intensity build.  Tame a 2 slot one.  They have 75% Energy 25% poison.

I have probably made a guide on Stratics for any other underused pet you want to build.
    Mongbat Build?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited March 25
    Pawain said:

Mongbat Build?
    Thats Tyrath, I only do 5 slot pets.  Also hate Dragons.  So Mongbat is a baby dragon.  Kill em.
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

Mongbat Build?
    Thats Tyrath, I only do 5 slot pets.  Also hate Dragons.  So Mongbat is a baby dragon.  Kill em.
    Yeah, he gave me a couple. I was just being a smart-arse, as usal lol.  Greater mongbats can be a good pocket pet, just don't throw wrestling mastery on them lol

Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

Mongbat Build?
    Yeah, he gave me a couple. I was just being a smart-arse, as usal lol.  Greater mongbats can be a good pocket pet, just don't throw wrestling mastery on them lol

Someone gave me an exploit Imp.  That thing is pretty cool, but they built it wrong.
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

Mongbat Build?

Someone gave me an exploit Imp.  That thing is pretty cool, but they built it wrong.
    I had one but cannot find it at the moment. i'll find it one day and as soon as i do GM will blow it up knowing my luck,

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    I had one but cannot find it at the moment. i'll find it one day and as soon as i do GM will blow it up knowing my luck,

I fell victim to this with the faction "anyone can ride" black horses. I was one of the first people with them which at the time I guess was considered an exploit. I didn't really mind since it seemed like we shouldn't be taming them. Shortly after that I went on a hiatus and when I returned factions were gone but I saw people openly selling the same black horses I had deleted... I still see people selling today.

Maybe the imp is just like the black horse... they decided they are legal to have now that people can't tame them anymore lol
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    another one id love to see revisted is the stygian Drake, i love how they look in EC, but again only comes in 4 slot they just not worth it, if they came in 3 slot they be well worth the effort, and make it so their damage is type is based on their color.
  • Pawain said:

Dreadhorn, Slasher of Veils, and Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer are weakest to Physical.

Dimetrosaurs can have up to 90 Physical Resist (they take half the Physical damage that an 80 Physical Resist pet does, but that's mostly moot with Consume Damage), and Saurosaurus can have up to 85 Physical/90 Fire Resist, with Life Leech, they're super tanky against most Dragon types in particular, they just don't dish out much damage themselves. A 85/90 Saurosaurus can easily tank the Stygian Dragon or Rikktor.

Consume Damage only absorbs Physical damage taken, and converts it into a HCI/HPR buff. It's completely useless against Elemental damage, this is easily noticeable when your pet is fighting a Paragon Cu Sidhe (50% Cold/50% Energy damage, so all their damage bypasses Consume Damage).

Reptalons also have 2 rather useless specials, Paralyzing Blow and Dragon Breath, causing ability bloat.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    edited March 26
    Pawain said:

Exploited in what manner? Like the stat exploit, where a pet can be way overbudget for it's slots?
    For awhile there after AoS, Imps were spawning with very high Resists (like 95%+ in each, incredibly difficult to kill without AI), and some people tamed them. Those are 2nd Generation Imps.
    Then there's old Imps like this. Imps used to just look like red Mongbats prior to LBR. This is a 1st Generation Imp.

Pawain said:

Exploited in what manner? Like the stat exploit, where a pet can be way overbudget for it's slots?
    For awhile there after AoS, Imps were spawning with very high Resists (like 95%+ in each, incredibly difficult to kill without AI), and some people tamed them. Those are 2nd Generation Imps.
    Then there's old Imps like this. Imps used to just look like red Mongbats prior to LBR. This is a 1st Generation Imp.

This one is green.  Maybe this is what they can look like if you don't spend points in Str.
    IDK.  

edited March 26
    I use a Poison Breath/AI/Chiv Triton on Scalis.  The healing comes in handy, other pets are lying on the ground and he is still biting.

I pretend they come from the Sea, so I use Tritons on the Sea Bosses.

Slasher wipes out all our pets and people. Just as Stygian Dragon does.
  • Pawain said:
    I use a Poison Breath/AI/Chiv Triton on Scalis.  The healing comes in handy, other pets are lying on the ground and he is still biting.

I pretend they come from the Sea, so I use Tritons on the Sea Bosses.

Slasher wipes out all our pets and people. Just as Stygian Dragon does.

Slasher of Veils has an ability that deals half of the pet's current HP in damage, which cannot be reduced by resists or abilities. His boulder barrage can be completely absorbed by Consume Damage, and the boulder barrage even heals the pet then. So long as the pet is under Consume Damage and receiving external heals such as G-Heal, Cleansing Winds, or Gift of Renewal (casting Arcane Empowerment if possible greatly boosts all these heals) he should be able to tank Slasher. You just have to be careful of the pet healer moving towards the Slasher, and getting stunned with fear.

The Stygian Dragon can easily be tanked by a 85/90 Saurosaurus under Consume Damage, with virtually no healing necessary. So long as you sick the pet on the Stygian Dragon as soon as he spawns, and the pet keeps the Stygian Dragon stationary as he tanks, then the Stygian Dragon won't be able to charge up his Earthquake attack, which is charged up when he moves around. My guild has literally killed the Stygian Dragon within 2 mins, because my Saurosaurus was tanking him and keeping him stationary the whole time.