Why are EJs able to run repeatable quests with rewards?

2»

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Tim said:
    Tim said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Tim said:
    The other Tim asked a question that still hasn't been answered.
    What quest is being done and how does it affect you?
    I'm not saying it doesn't just asking for more information

In my case 90% of the quests I know about wouldn't affect me if someone was doing them 24/7.

If it lowers prices .....   wasn't everyone complaing about inflation?  >:)
    If it lowers prices and hurts honest players sales than yes. but the attitude if oh they are cheating but it's ok because no one is hurt is very wrong 
    If they are playing a solo game and not hurting anyone why is it any of your business?

Are you afraid they are going to "win" UO?

Note we still don't know what quests they were doing the original poster was complaining about.
    LOL You seriously think EJ accounts are solo players.
    I said IF they are playing solo.
    If they are playing with other players it is another issue

By the way how many other players do you drag along on low level quests?
    Again we don't know what quest he was complaining about EJ player doing.
    I have helped players with their quests but I do not take players with me on low lvl quests.
    As far as EJs and quests none of them should be repeatable, EJs should be to give you an idea of UO so you will sub and UO took it way to far with way to many freedoms.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    See we still view ej accounts as trial accounts while they are really just free to play accounts which turned UO into pay to win despite Mesanna saying that would never happen 
    edited March 18
    Grimbeard said:
    See we still view ej accounts as trial accounts while they are really just free to play accounts which turned UO into pay to win despite Mesanna saying that would never happen 
    I even remember Mesanna saying they were Trial Accounts, LMAO, some trial they turned out to be.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited March 19
    Tim said:
    Again we don't know what quest he was complaining about EJ player doing.
    It's irrelevant. Any quest with a reward should not be able to be ran ad nauseum by EJs, bots or otherwise.

As stated previously EJs are not able to get rewards from:
    1. EM events
    2. Holiday Gifts(Tokens/etc.)
    3. Vet Rewards
    4. Holiday/reward Clicky
    5. ToTs (acct bound for Tokuno and not at all from the upcoming one?)
    6. Champ spawns
    7. Paragon arty drops
    8. Direct-to-backpack drops (as far as I'm aware)
    Allowing them to receive rewards from repeatable quests is inconsistent with current EJ policy. Want to do such activities? Sub up. That's their stance on those already so let's make it consistent.

I would also like to know if they can farm keys for bosses, such as lady Mel, Medusa eggs, etc. because that should also not be allowed. Anyone know?
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,260
    Because they wanted to get to the other side.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited March 19

username said:

1. Direct-to-backpack drops (as far as I'm aware)
    Allowing them to receive rewards from repeatable quests is inconsistent with current EJ policy. Want to do such activities? Sub up. That's their stance on those already so let's make it consistent.

I would also like to know if they can farm keys for bosses, such as lady Mel, Medusa eggs, etc. because that should also not be allowed. Anyone know?

EJ's can get drops from Shadowguard -requires ToL expansion.
        Trammel Despise.
        Underwater boss
        I'd be surprised if they couldn't farm their own keys for mel,  I know they can farm other key sets. ,but the other key sets are looted from corpses/ground etc.

I'm not sure if EJ's can get drops from Covetous (never tried, it's also too low drop-rate for me to bother testing it)

Consistency is key for everything.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    They (UO) needs to admit they over did EJ and start making it a true trial account by dialing back what it can and can not do.  I thought EJs were to give a taste of UO not a bite that could choke an elephant.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Ok answered my question now I can wright off you complaint as unable to mind own business.

Don't have a specific complaint just looking for something they shouldn't be able to do.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    They (UO) needs to admit they over did EJ and start making it a true trial account by dialing back what it can and can not do.  I thought EJs were to give a taste of UO not a bite that could choke an elephant.
    People get angry when after years of saying UO would never be pay to win Mesanna makes EJ free to play effectively making UO pay to win..
    Grimbeard said:
    People get angry when after years of saying UO would never be pay to win Mesanna makes EJ free to play effectively making UO pay to win..
    Not sure how EJ free to play = Pay to win ???
    I really don't see the connection.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    I think the only Pay-to-win item in UO (currently) would be the "Forged Metal of Artifacts", -only because there are certain items that have a 0% success chance to enhance without it.
    I'm sure there are varying degrees of opinion on it, especially since enhancing items doesn't matter as much these days, but off the top of my head, it's the only thing.

EJ's are used (abused) to help increase profits -whether they be in-game or in-game & RL of paid accounts.    -personally, I don't have a problem if people use an EJ account or so, it's when they're using cheat programs (same as with paid accounts) to make those gains/profits.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,113
    Tim said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Not sure how EJ free to play = Pay to win ???
    I really don't see the connection.
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I have helped players with their quests but I do not take players with me on low lvl quests.
    As far as EJs and quests none of them should be repeatable, EJs should be to give you an idea of UO so you will sub and UO took it way to far with way to many freedoms.

Any quest that undermines/lowers the value of items that honest players sell to upgrade their game playing experience.  Inflation is not a reason to allow cheating.
    Tim said:
    Ok answered my question now I can wright off you complaint as unable to mind own business.

Don't have a specific complaint just looking for something they shouldn't be able to do.
    How much more specific do you need?  Any and all quest in UO that can be repeated by a paid account should not be repeatable by a non paid account or are you so clueless that you do not know any repeatable quests.
    I see no reason they shouldn't be able to do repeatable quests.