Forums are broken

Ever wonder why so little traffic on the forums?  Many of us cannot stay logged in on a pc (where we also play uo). There are multiple posts in the forum feedback on the topic.  

You log in.  Next screen you are logged out (like the post screen). Then you click log in and you are auto logged in again only to fail again on the next screen. It’s been months.  Please fix it. 

The only way I can post here is on an iPhone. All my PCs fail with the same scripting error (chrome). 

Please fix. 

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    edited March 13
    Theo said:
    Ever wonder why so little traffic on the forums?  Many of us cannot stay logged in on a pc (where we also play uo). There are multiple posts in the forum feedback on the topic.  

You log in.  Next screen you are logged out (like the post screen). Then you click log in and you are auto logged in again only to fail again on the next screen. It’s been months.  Please fix it. 

The only way I can post here is on an iPhone. All my PCs fail with the same scripting error (chrome). 

Please fix. 
    It is something they are aware of and there are ways are around it.  This Thread has details.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    Unfortunately @Theo the only work around I've had work is using FireFox. It's been happening for over a year now where Chrome won't keep me logged in. Haven't had any issues with FireFox but it is frustrating that we cant just use a single app.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 292

Ive had this problem also, think its non-firefox related.

This is such a non-event, just fix it and its solved.
    Community is the most important, a working forum is a must

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited March 13
    psycho said:

Ive had this problem also, think its non-firefox related.

This is such a non-event, just fix it and its solved.
    Community is the most important, a working forum is a must

The website is down typically once a week and all weekend. 
    Vendor search you're lucky to get a successful search 1 in 10 tries.
    Forum broken? Par for the course.
    I thought Broadsword was a gaming company not a circus. Bunch of clowns.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    IF you read Kyronix comment, you can see it's no good slamming the devs for it, it's not something under their control.
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/87431/#Comment_87431
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Mariah said:
    IF you read Kyronix comment, you can see it's no good slamming the devs for it, it's not something under their control.
    There are certain people that no matter what UO/DEVs do they will bash/troll.  Why do people hate UO so much still play and only add negative input.
    edited March 13
    Mariah said:
    Posted: January 2023. 

Again, par for the course. Maybe by 2029 the bootlickers will wake up. Probably not.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    username said:
    Mariah said:
    Posted: January 2023. 

Again, par for the course. Maybe by 2029 the bootlickers will wake up. Probably not.

Please, with all your wisdom tell us how UO is suppose to fix a chrome problem when google admits it is on their end and not UOs.  Should the DEV team all go over to Google and kick their door down and demand access to their system and try to fix it.  Yes it is a PITA problem but it is out of UOs hands.  Why do you play a game that you hate so much.  If I was a new player and just read your comments then why the hell would I even play.  All you do is BASH and offer ZERO salutations as normal.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    that link says that it is MOSTLY a Chrome issue. I have this issue with Microsoft Edge. Is that also owned by Google? (i had to look that up... "It is built on the same underlying technology as Google Chrome")

so its a problem with the chromium framework
    edited March 14
    that link says that it is MOSTLY a Chrome issue. I have this issue with Microsoft Edge. Is that also owned by Google? (i had to look that up... "It is built on the same underlying technology as Google Chrome")

so its a problem with the chromium framework
    The fact is the people that are telling you what the 'problem' is in reality have no clue what the problem is or what they're talking about. Yes, this likely includes the 'Devs' as well. While it could be an inherent Chromium issue, the software that is used for this forum is not specific to UO and you can find several other forums that use the software and NONE have the logging in problem. In fact, you can google the specific error I've mentioned before (in another post) and the few references on it from several years ago (2015 lol) and the gist is that the people that set up the forum basically messed it up (server side authentication issue) OR they need to update/upgrade the software.

I would like to see the proof of where it is said that "google admits it is on their end and not UO". Yes, I'm sure google specifically tried to log in to the UO forums to test this and published a research paper on it. If this is true I'll sell all of my shares of google tomorrow at market open.

See what I mean by some people are smoking crack and have no idea what they're talking about? Which seems more plausible? :D 

• TheoTheo Posts: 174
    Mariah said:
    That post is over 1 year old. I refuse to believe this is some sort of zero day error affecting all log ins across all forums in the world.  Maybe you need to recode your forum or move it to a technology that works.  

Having spent 30 years in software - we would never just shrug our shoulders and say oh well when people can’t reliably log in.  It is the most basic of features. 

And yes I’m on my phone again to post this.  Cause it failed on my PC again.  

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    The bottom line is Mesanna is responsible if they can not get this forum fixed then move it to another platform..
  • psychopsycho Posts: 292
    edited March 14
    maybe they cant log in to the forum and answer us? :D

Im not bothering the negative troll and whats being said, I just say fix the forum issues on non-firefox browsers and all good!
  • TheoTheo Posts: 174
    Grimbeard said:
    The bottom line is Mesanna is responsible if they can not get this forum fixed then move it to another platform..
    Amen. I never had an issue logging into stratics.  

Posting this comment from my iPad since I can’t use my PC/chrome. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,308
    edited March 16
    I have been posting since 2020 on an I pad.  I have two iPads that worked just fine at first.  Then all of sudden I could get on with one but not the other when I wanted to post.  This continued for a long time but now thy both seem to work again for posting.  Both Ipads always allowed me to read the forums only.  For posting, the forums always timed me out after a couple or more hours, never timed it.  Overall, the one IPad has always worked when the site is up which is most but not all of the time.  Anyway has been working normally for me for at least a couple of months except for the editing button not showing up last time I posted.  Never put my email on the one that stopped allowing me to post for awhile.

Note edit button is back!