Crystal Ball of Knowledge

2»

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    I wanted to see what it would take for a new character to complete this so I took a newly made swordsman and went to get the quest. I then searched with the googlebox what dropped the two items and noticed that Chicken Lizards dropped the Dragon Blood (4) so i was able to kill enough to get those in about 20 minutes. So then we are left with Daemon Bones . . . Yeah, void creatures or Doom (if Korpre dropped Daemon Bones, Maybe). So I will agree that there needs to be a quest for these added to New Haven for new players to receive. I am not advocating it be extremely easy, just that it is not extremely hard. Also make it an obvious quest given out by Sir helper since he Says "Double Click on me for help"  I know that people give these out to new players, but some people prefer to do things on their own, so @ Kyronix or any of the Devs, can we get this added to New Haven please? 
    I decided to come at this from a different angle and use a character that had just "graduated" from Haven. They'll have better gear by then and higher skills. I went back to Doom and stayed around the room where you drop in and killed the bats and skeletons there and had the bones i needed in 5 minutes. then i went back to Termur and collected the Dragon's Blood again, shaving it down to about 12 minutes. so in roughly 20 minutes I had what i needed for the quest and then acquired the ball. The only problem i see with the quest is where it is given, Move it to haven and it's doable, or at least have Sir Helpeer or one of the quest givers in Haven say something along the lines of "I've heard tell that in the land of the Gargoyles, one of them winged fellahs is giving a quest for an Object to help you further your training" 

Move it to haven and it's doable

Besides moving it to Haven, the NPC giving out the Quest should also provide informations as to "where" the player will have better chances with starting gear and skills to collect the required bones and blood...

Veterans may know where it is the easiest and fastest to collect the bones and blood, like you did, but for a new or returning player, how could they know that they would have best chances if they went to a precise Doom spot for the bones or hunted a specific Ter Mur creature for the blood ?

Yes, they could ask in Global Chat but what if they are EJ and are restricted to the Help Chat channel only ?

Wouldn't it be better to have the NPC right away tell them where to go at their initial stage, gear and skill to have the best chances to gather what is necessary to complete the Quest in a reasonable time ?
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    Feigr said:
    Thank you for putting in so much effort.  I truly appreciate it and didn't want to just not reply.
    You're welcome.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited March 10
    I want to Clarify my position on this, I don't want this easier to get, just easier to find the quest. 99.999% of the people that start out are going to start in New Haven. I would just like the quest for this to 1) Be moved there or D) Have the player be directed towards the quest giver in Termur by quest givers in New Haven.  

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 492
    edited March 10
    popps said:

Yes, they could ask in Global Chat but what if they are EJ and are restricted to the Help Chat channel only ?

Either they updated it or the UO.com Wiki is wrong.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/beginning-the-adventure/endless-journey/

"Chat channels are all accessible, help, general and global direct messaging."

Also, the table shows they have access to the channels.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Feigr said:
    popps said:

Maybe @Mariah can answer about the UO Wiki... that I know of, EJ accounts can only access the Help Channel, not the others.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,111
    Feigr said:
    popps said:

I don't know what that link says but they changed it so EJ accounts can only be in the help channel.

General chat was flooded with spam for RMT websites.  They would ban the EJ account and they would just make another EJ account.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Feigr said:
    popps said:

@Mariah EJ Wiki page needs updating for chat ch.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited March 11

Dude stop!

There are few people on this forum whose entire purpose is to argue and shit talk. They will not contribute anything to any discussion. Often times, they will not even have a point in their posts. For them the sole purpose of visiting this forum is to tell people how wrong they are. You are wrong, they are right. That is all there is to it as far as they are concerned. They will argue and shit talk non-stop for days/weeks/months just to tell you that you are wrong. I suspect severe mental illness on their part. 

Over time, me and many others learned not to read their posts. Do the same, if you see their name, just skip and read the next post.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,111
    shootgun said:
    @ Feigr 

Dude stop!

There are few people on this forum whose entire purpose is to argue and shit talk. They will not contribute anything to any discussion. Often times, they will not even have a point in their posts. For them the sole purpose of visiting this forum is to tell people how wrong they are. You are wrong, they are right. That is all there is to it. They will argue and shit talk non-stop for days/weeks.

I suspect severe mental illness on their part. Over time, me and many others learned not to read their posts. Do the same, if you see their name, just skip and read the next post.
    If you read, a brand new toon takes 20 mins to do that quest. That is one of the smaller amounts of time to do any quest in UO.
    What have you contributed here?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    shootgun said:
    @ Feigr 

Dude stop!

There are few people on this forum whose entire purpose is to argue and shit talk. They will not contribute anything to any discussion. Often times, they will not even have a point in their posts. For them the sole purpose of visiting this forum is to tell people how wrong they are. You are wrong, they are right. That is all there is to it. They will argue and shit talk non-stop for days/weeks.

I suspect severe mental illness on their part. Over time, me and many others learned not to read their posts. Do the same, if you see their name, just skip and read the next post.
    If you read, a brand new toon takes 20 mins to do that quest. That is one of the smaller amounts of time to do any quest in UO.
    What have you contributed here?
    Well, not Brand new. To be fair I spent about an hour doing the quests in Haven to get him to the levels he was and put a suit together from what was laying on the floor and what I could loot. And used my 25+ years of Skillz at kiting monsters tougher than me. But it is doable by a younger character with time, effort, and the Google-Box.

• Actually the Wiki needs updating.  EJ can only access help channel is correct.
    This was done because of Avatar.  Anyone remember him and his freakin' army of EJ accts
    spamming his little heart advertising his website and items for sale? I filled my entire block list multiple time blocking this doofus so did many other people. I believe the hammer came down after he spammed all over a Mesanna M & G.  It's been a long time ago so its a bit hazy, but she did it and Avatar was the reason/catalyst.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Apologies, I have missed updating a page. I will rectify that asap. I try to make a list every publish of which existing pages need to be updated. I've missed that one.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 492
    No apology needed.  I just remembered because I checked the EJ page before resubscribing.