Holiday Gifts : Does anyone know of a Web Site which lists per Year the rarer ones ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,950
edited March 9 in General Discussions

Holiday Gifts, when released every Year (sometimes multiple times per Year at various occasions, depending on the Year) have some boxes or items which might be rarer to get as compared to others, be them their shape, look, hue or the item itself.

Does anyone know of a Web Site that might have listed per Year of Holiday Gift (and whether Christmas, Valentine, Easter etc.) which are the Hues or items that might be considered having a lesser chance to spawn (thus making them rarer) as compared to others ?

Bottom line is, how can a UO player that has holiday Gifts, boxes and items, from various Years, be able to tell apart which would be the rarer ones from the ordinary ones ?

Thank you.

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    To be perfectly truthful I neither know nor care which boxes are rare. Rares have never been an interest of mine, but I believe this could be what you're looking for:
    https://wiki.stratics.com/index.php?title=UO:Rares_Collection:_Gift_Boxes
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910
    edited March 9
    Yes there is 

And rares collectors have done so much work on cataloguing the rare boxes

I for one am not going to be waste my time and disrespect all of mine and others' work  for yet another of your fads

If you actually bothered to do any research you would have found links to all the catalogues

So where do YOU think it will be Popps?, and to give you a clue not IKEA or mass debaters monthly, possibly a site linked to Ultima Online somehow

Your ignorance is just astounding, you have surpassed yourself this time

It would have been faster to find the information you need than typing your latest nonsense, you do know that don't you?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    To be perfectly truthful I neither know nor care which boxes are rare. Rares have never been an interest of mine, but I believe this could be what you're looking for:
    thank you for sharing that link.
    I also have a hard time finding some stuff on stratics.
    probably because i don't do the search on the wiki
    (I need to remember to do that there instead of the forums)

but i can see why he asked.
    that hasn't been updated since 2019 gift boxes
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited March 9
    Thank you Petra, while searching the Web, I did find the page you point to but, from reading it, I could not gather conclusively which boxes, shapes, hues or items are actually considered the rare ones.

I mean, for example, the page https://wiki.stratics.com/index.php?title=UO:Rares_Collection:_Gift_Boxes:_Square has a Chart titled "Chart of Rare hues" but, it lists a whole lot of hues that should be rare because listed by the MD and BT lists...

How come that so many different hues are "rare" for the square boxes ? I counted, in between the MD and BT lists shown in that Chart, about 92 supposedly "rare" hues for the 2003-2008 square boxes out of the 229 hues listed on that Chart.

Is it possible that there are so many "rare" boxes for those Years ? Almost half of the hues for the 2003-2008 square boxes are rare ones ?

Then, the newer Boxes styles at https://wiki.stratics.com/index.php?title=UO:Rares_Collection:_Gift_Boxes:_Newer_Styles go from 2008 to 2019 (what about past that Year ?) and the text at least to my understanding, only mentions the "angel" style boxes to be as a rare one and then indicates that "certain rare hues" were used each Year but I could not find which these rare hues were, depending on the Year.

Bottom line is, from reading the Link you pointed out to, which I had found when searching the Web for rare Holiday Gifts, I could not conclusively understand, per evey Year of Holiday Gifts, which items, hues or shapes were to be considered as the rare ones for that Year's Hoiday Gifts (other then the Angel Style box for a few Years that it was available).

To be perfectly truthful I neither know nor care which boxes are rare.

The reason for me to need to find this info out, is that I am in need to make room and, therefore, to get rid of some of these Holiday Gifts by turning them in for the Clean Up Britannia points.

But should I have some rare Holiday Gifts, why should I turn them out for points while these Holiday items could be of interest to some other fellow UO player for their collection of rares ?

I would destroy, out of ignorance, rares that some other player could be happy to have (and me to enjoy the gold received in trade by spending it on something which I might need to better enjoy the game) just because the information about what Holiday Items are rare is not easily and readily available for every Year that they were awarded ?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    I think you're asking on the wrong forum, try asking on Stratics. 
    What is wrong with UO.COM Forums in regards to rares ?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,308
    I would monitor the prices on vendor search.  Would imagine UO has created 1,000s of boxes unique to different years and events.
    Arnold7 said:
    I would monitor the prices on vendor search.  Would imagine UO has created 1,000s of boxes unique to different years and events.
    I do not think it would help me much to check out VS... not necessarily any and all rare Holiday items might be listed on VS and I want to get done making room and, thus, turning in for Clean UP points whatever Holiday Gifts are not rare ones.

Thus, I need to figure out which are rares to keep, and then turn in all of the rest for Clean Up points.

I need to know which items, box styles, hues are Holiday rares, set them apart, and discard the rest.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    popps said:

Because the rares people are there and...not here. 

Yes there is 

And rares collectors have done so much work on cataloguing the rare boxes

I for one am not going to be waste my time and disrespect all of mine and others' work  for yet another of your fads

If you actually bothered to do any research you would have found links to all the catalogues

So where do YOU think it will be Popps?, and to give you a clue not IKEA or mass debaters monthly, possibly a site linked to Ultima Online somehow

Your ignorance is just astounding, you have surpassed yourself this time

It would have been faster to find the information you need than typing your latest nonsense, you do know that don't you?

Admittedly, his antics get on my nerves too but sometimes it is difficult to locate certain info and easier to just ask for someone that specializes in certain fields. I don't do rares either so i would have probably put the same post up. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    Keep Angel boxes and 4  digit hue ones?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 294
    This is actually a problem I’ve had recently.  There are no sites that are up to date with rare box hues.  You’re better off throwing the hues you are certain are not rares.

The stratics has the most up to date list despite being years outdated.

popps said:
    Exactly the point. How very ignorant and entitled.

You expect to have all the answers given to you by people that have been collecting and sharing info since 2003

You will never be able to collect a full set of square neon boxes for example because you are far too late to the party, and nobody knows what the complete set is (my best guess from back in the days is over 100 "neon" type square boxes. This includes ice blue/frostwood blue, ice green which many collectors have as dryad green, there are 2 different bright green neons.....many collectors get this wrong as they are different, as are pure AOS white and luna white,  not to mention midnight blue that I have never seen but am sure was created

You have several different angel boxes

You are in the wrong place and if you ask nicely in the correct forum, and not like a spoilt child demanding everything, several known rares collectors (TAXI!!!!) may wish to entertain you, Not neccessarily to help you, but on the slim 00000000000000.01 chance, or some other ridiculously low chance u have a box that may be of value

I suggest you give up on this and think of another subject to debate yourself silly over

And the reason why I am rather animated by this is I don't want collections like mine ruined by children crying and destroying this area of the game like they did with Idocs and T maps

edited March 9
    From some of the Posts, I understand that I am not the only one UO player looking for this information but, instead, that it would be beneficial to quite a number of UO players to be able to tell whether or not the Holiday items and boxes that they might have are rare or not...

Hence, why is this information not readily and easily available to any and all UO players  ?

Furthermore, being information that would benefit a good number of UO players, I do not see why the official UO Forums or the UO Wiki should not have this info.

Pawain said:
    Keep Angel boxes and 4  digit hue ones?
    all 20 of the original angel boxes,  there are loads of the later holiday angel gift boxes

some CC users like to buy these for vendors
    I've seen them pay 1 or 2M each on Atlantic

any 4 digit hue i've seen sold for around 25M
    more desirable boxes sell for around 100M
    (this is what I have seen in the past few years)

=================

non-rare boxes
    i always throw away the plain boxes (for the points)
    the plaid ones aren't worth points (usually put on vendor for 5K)
    popps said:
    Exactly the point. How very ignorant and entitled.

You expect to have all the answers given to you by people that have been collecting and sharing info since 2003

You will never be able to collect a full set of square neon boxes for example because you are far too late to the party, and nobody knows what the complete set is (my best guess from back in the days is over 100 "neon" type square boxes. This includes ice blue/frostwood blue, ice green which many collectors have as dryad green, there are 2 different bright green neons.....many collectors get this wrong as they are different, as are pure AOS white and luna white,  not to mention midnight blue that I have never seen but am sure was created

You have several different angel boxes

You are in the wrong place and if you ask nicely in the correct forum, and not like a spoilt child demanding everything, several known rares collectors (TAXI!!!!) may wish to entertain you, Not neccessarily to help you, but on the slim 00000000000000.01 chance, or some other ridiculously low chance u have a box that may be of value

I suggest you give up on this and think of another subject to debate yourself silly over

And the reason why I am rather animated by this is I don't want collections like mine ruined by children crying and destroying this area of the game like they did with Idocs and T maps

Easy killer, guy is literally just asking for a site to compare rare boxes.  Lol.

I’d be interested in knowing them too but wouldn’t know where to begin.

=================

non-rare boxes
    May I ask what shard you’re on?
    Oreogl said:

=================

non-rare boxes
    Sonoma & Atlantic
    Oreogl said:

=================

non-rare boxes
    Sonoma & Atlantic
    Ah, thanks. I was going to do some vendor searches later if it was one of the shards I’m on.

Maybe I’ll check anyways.

edited March 9
    In less than 3 minutes searching. 

Hues to 101 are common.

Rest are rare, most rare have 4 digits in the hue.  Not paragraphs and multiple posts worth of complicated IMO.
    edited March 9
    Pawain said:

Hues to 101 are common.

Rest are rare, most rare have 4 digits in the hue.  Not paragraphs and multiple posts worth of complicated IMO.
    There are entire Stratics threads devoted to this topic, I don’t see the harm, from which I assume you pulled the information from.

Many of those however, are dated back even as far as 10 years ago.  

If you don’t want to post, you don’t really have to.  
  • A_ScribeA_Scribe Posts: 11
    I posted the rare 2023 holiday gift boxes here: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/101155/#Comment_101155

A_Scribe said:
    I posted the rare 2023 holiday gift boxes here: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/101155/#Comment_101155

Hey thanks, you’re awesome!
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:

Hues to 101 are common.

There are entire Stratics threads devoted to this topic, I don’t see the harm, from which I assume you pulled the information from.

Am I wrong about what I said?  Why not simplify things.
    Pawain said:
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:

Hues to 101 are common.

Am I wrong about what I said?  Why not simplify things.
    You’re not entirely wrong, no.  If the information was readily available, then you’re 100% correct.