Can we please have refinements stackable now or with new event ?

I for one am binning so many when I loot pirate ships, and I know one day I will need some or want to amalgamate some 

Please make them stackable 

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    I for one am binning so many when I loot pirate ships, and I know one day I will need some or want to amalgamate some 

Please make them stackable 
    I need to support this need.

Yes, @Kyronix , they can be amalgamated... problem is, that not always a player may want to use an invulnerability refinement... sometimes, they might want to use a defense, protection, hardening, fortification one so, it can come handy to also have some stacks of these rather then amalgamate all refinements into invulnerability...

And if the Developer Team decides to make them stackable, please, follow up with the rest of the items which in UO could be made stackable but currently are not...

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/13659/are-the-developers-still-working-on-expanding-the-number-of-items-that-can-be-stacked

Thank you so much.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Just out of curiosity in what circumstances would you not want to use invulnerability?
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited March 2
    Tim said:
    Just out of curiosity in what circumstances would you not want to use invulnerability?
       Mostly for pvp, suits use refined fire,energy & some poison (mostly to reduce the effect of Corpse skin, since that reduces your cap resistances to fire/poison now), and they opt for a 30 DCI cap cause parry more than picks up the slack anyway.
      if you apply all vulnerability (and get the +5 mod) your DCI would be capped at 20.  so you'd get hit by weapons once in a while and nobody wants that.

TBH, DCI does next to nothing in pvm (based on my experience), so I don't see a point in Not refining for all 75s/80 energy (if elf) for pvm.     then you factor in,  IF DCI does work in pvm, it only works on weapon-based attacks anyway, and... i don't know about you... but 99.99% of the time if I were to die or see anyone else die to something, it's Always from too much spell/fire breath damage, to where no matter what your DCI is, you'd get hit by it anyway.     so there's no reason to EVER refine to increase your DCI and reduce your resistances.

I do support refinements becoming stack-able.   

I would also like them to take it a step further condense refinements to the corresponding crafting skill, instead of having all these specific types of armor refinements studded, hide, bone for example, they should be condensed Tailoring Refinements (Reinforced / Deflection) would cover all the armor types under that crafting skill... then Blacksmithing for metal armor, carpentry for wood, stonemason (carpentry) for stone armor etc.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    Unfortunately not. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
     :/ 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    edited March 2
    Tim said:
    Very few high end mobs do majority poison or cold damage. 

That leaves DCI for melee templates.

For an archer you can use all 5 because you may have little DCI anyway.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.