Animal Lore gump shows incorrect max value for detecting hidden

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
Both clients, Animal Lore gump shows incorrect max value for detecting hidden.

Detecting hidden will not raise.

Expected result: for max amount to display as current amount.

Players without 20 years experience may become frustrated trying to raise a pets detecting hidden skill to meet the max shown amount.
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I see everything else has been trained to max.  Are you saying that you trained your pet in Detecting Hidden and it is not showing as being trained?  What are you revealing to increase detect hidden?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    no Bilbo, you cannot train detect hidden, but the new animal lore gump displays a value /100 suggesting you can train it to 100, which you cannot.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• TeapotTeapot Posts: 58
    Mervyn said:
    no Bilbo, you cannot train detect hidden, but the new animal lore gump displays a value /100 suggesting you can train it to 100, which you cannot.
    You can. And some people actually do it for fun.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Really? I stand corrected then.

TYVM @Teapot
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    Teapot said:
    Mervyn said:

care to share how to train detect on a pet?
    Goto Luna and detect all the hidden bank sitters or better yet go to spawn and see if your pet can find the hidden cameras.
    have you done that and have you been able to raise detect hidden on a pet that way? Or are you simply assuming this is how it's done?
    I have tried many methods when the taming revamp first went live and none of them worked.
    How do you train Detect Hidden on a player?  The method should be the same with a pet.
  • TeapotTeapot Posts: 58
    Teapot said:
    Mervyn said:

care to share how to train detect on a pet?
    On the training thread on stratics they talk about it.  I have no interest in raising it but some have done orcs in the orc cave and trapdoor spiders in ter mur.
    Bilbo said:
    How do you train Detect Hidden on a player?  The method should be the same with a pet.
    ok, so clearly you haven't done that yourself or you would know that it does not work the way you train it on players...
    Teapot said:
    On the training thread on stratics they talk about it.  I have no interest in raising it but some have done orcs in the orc cave and trapdoor spiders in ter mur.
    I know these threads and have tried both and had zero skill gain over the course of several hours... so I doubt they really work.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I've never gotten detect hidden to go in any direction but down, every time the pet dies. It's why I posted in a thread a while ago that I'd like to see a new pet command 'seek' that would make it actively use the skill when hunting for trapdoor spiders, kepetch ambushers, elite ninjas etc.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "Also, some frost dragons display a parrying cap of over 120, this my frustrate some owners who will spend time trying to train their dragon to over 120, the cap for parrying is 120 and so should be displayed so (apologies no image available at this time)"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Isn't Wrestling and Resist the only 2 that will go over the cap of 120?  Why is Hiding on that screen?  Do pets hide?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Bilbo said:
    Isn't Wrestling and Resist the only 2 that will go over the cap of 120?  Why is Hiding on that screen?  Do pets hide?
    They do if they have active ninjitsu.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    Wait, so if you gave a goat ninjitsu and hiding...
    -Arroth
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    It would have to be a goat that spawned in Tokuno
    only creatures from Tokuno may train Bushido or Ninjitsu

edited April 2021
    Huh, interesting. The crab from the Charybdis encounter is in a statue, so that could be opened in Tokuno and trained in Ninjitsu correct? Wiki says it can only go to two slots. Is that enough to do Ninjitsu and Hiding? (Yes, I looked at the uo-cah.com calculator, but having not touched a pet since the publish that revamped them, I have no idea what to do with pets. I'll leave that to pet people.)
    -Arroth
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Mariah said:

Except Fire beetle and Frost Mite.   tHey are totally Tokunish, but cannot train Bushido. Anyway it is not worth points spent. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited April 2021
    Gwen said:
    Mariah said:

Except Fire beetle and Frost Mite.   tHey are totally Tokunish, but cannot train Bushido. Anyway it is not worth points spent. 
    They can only get poison as a magic. So, they are not in the same category.

They use hiding when they attack so a Goat is not going to sit on the ship hidden anyway.

But you can invis your pet as needed.  Tell it to all stop all stay.

Would be nice to have an AI/RC/Chiv pet.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Can somebody who has OSSEIN RAM try to feed those boots or leather bag to a pet?   That ram is also kind of a goat, just bigger. 
    edited April 2021
    Pawain said:
    They use hiding when they attack so a Goat is not going to sit on the ship hidden anyway.
    I figured that was the case, but there was a part of me that was hoping they would follow their tamers lead and hide when the tamer hid.

Plus, pirate ninja goats would just be awesome, or crabs hidden on deck.
    -Arroth
    Gwen said:
    Can somebody who has OSSEIN RAM try to feed those boots or leather bag to a pet?   That ram is also kind of a goat, just bigger. 

"this is all offtopic, but i have one and they don't eat boots"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited April 2021
    Yoshi said:
    "Also, some frost dragons display a parrying cap of over 120, this may frustrate some owners who will spend time trying to train their dragon to over 120, the cap for parrying is 120 and so should be displayed so (apologies no image available at this time)"