Are the updated black market rewards

Already set in stone or open to suggestions @Kyronix ;

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    I hope @AmberWitch gets her crow or a new broom maybe ;)

also be nice if they added the Halloween garland from the orc ships we could use on our ships

Im sure there are better pics some place
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    Of not,  the deco from Halloween pirate ships!

Wave tiles!

Wave tiles would be awesome!!!!!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    Eye patch please  :)

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    Pending implementation, but what were you thinking?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Wildfire mask 
    Luck belt 2 ver #1 150 luck fc1 ver 2 150 hci 5 
    Luck kilt or skirt same as above 
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 82
    Grimbeard said:
    Wildfire mask 

seriously you ask the best luck in game item that went out in a dungeon event to be given so easy....black market should be deco and low end stuff so easy to get and there is already thousands of cargo stashed from abusing ejs account ready to claim rewards
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    edited February 19
    how about new whips something for pvp keep with the other updates
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    edited February 19
    creampie said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Wildfire mask 

seriously you ask the best luck in game item that went out in a dungeon event to be given so easy....black market should be deco and low end stuff so easy to get and there is already thousands of cargo stashed from abusing ejs account ready to claim rewards
    After a certain amount of time, yes there should be other means to get them or recycle old rewards more often.  This is one of the biggest draw backs to UO not being able to get old rewards/mounts.
  • looploop Posts: 305
    Kyronix said:
    Random suggestions:

More boat paints
    An eyepatch
    Pirate music box + sea shanty songs
    Orc costumes of various models
    "Counterfeit" variations to some other previous artifacts. Counterfeiting might fit with the pirate theme?
    Tokens which when redeemed unlock new pirate-themed tilesets for house customization

Probably too many new assets here if they aren't already in the game. Maybe some of these things already exist, in fact. :P
    edited February 19
    Kyronix said:

The deco from Halloween event Pirate Ships. Skett and I posted that at the same time. He showed the pic tho.

More items for the lockdown on the Britannia ship.  A Jolly Roger flag would be an example. Some seats.  Other items that you come up with that are cool. 

EC can have a pirate look with an eye patch, but an eye patch modified bandana would be cool, make a metal and cloth version.  Would be used as a transmog target.

A top hat that can be used as a transmog target.  Put a skull and cross bone on the hat front that's white, the remainder of the hat could be dyed after transmog.

All the items Loop said are good.

New whips with a single various non imbuable stats that can be imbued with 5 other stats or with DI and imbued with 4 other stats.

Another cannon style.

Sail paint that could include a design, or OMG sail replacement with another type for Orc and Brit ships.

A Trawler attachment to a ship.  For McD.

Seeds for plants that grow on the shore of islands, beaches, estuaries etc. 

4 to five styles of wave and water tiles for our houses!

Thanks!
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    Kyronix said:
    Depending if it's permanent or not:
    • For the tamers - a reskinned rideable version of the triton (Perm)
    • (New?) Pirate hat / orc mask with luck mask stats (Temp)
    • "Stolen" MIBs which work just like regular MIBs - range from level 1 to ancient (Perm)
    • "Blackbeard's Map" - Random facet hoard map
    • Blank SC rum bottle for transmog (Perm)
    •  "Shanty's ship's hold crate" - Acts like a gardenshed does in a house that can only be placed in a ship's hold (1x per hold) (Perm)
    • GARGOYLE LOVE! Soul Glaive / earrings / stone amulet with viable stats (if you are interested in this route happy to provide stats but will be similar stats to the like scholars halo or balron armor) (Temp)
    • 30 SDI spellbook with "sea slayer" type of property that would work on mobs we will encounter. Ideally it would work on krakens/pirates too. If that's too hard just make a spell book like the horselord is with Repond (for orcs) & 1 other random slayer either element (water eles) or reptile (sea serps) (Temp)
    • 190 luck exceptional (imbuable) fishing pole (Perm)

• shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited February 19
    I will shamelessly list my wish list :p
    • Bane dragon (I will name my first born @Kyronix if we get bane bunnies with bane dragon stats)
    • 250 luck mask/hat/etc.
    • Horn color/ring/etc socket for gargoyles.
    • Mount that gives luck (if we have damage reduction mounts, then why not luck?), corresponding item for gargoyles.
    • +60 crafting items for tailoring, carpentry, tinkering. (I want to be able to repair without stressing).
    • +20 scrolls for carpentry and tinkering (55% fail rate, with talisman, when filling bods is too much).
    • Special pet food that changes the color of the pet either permanently or temporarily.
    • Ability to add something like pet castle, hitching post, etc to Britannia ships. (Tamers should be able to swap pets without going to the city/stable)
    edited February 19
    Seeds that we can grow in a garden bed that produce an edible fruit that can be fed to pets that give the pet the corresponding slayer ability for 10 minutes or whatever time.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    A few more options for things that can be locked down on the Britannia ship. 
    The shoulder parrot cannot be locked down on the perch which can be locked down.
    Table, chairs, gargish couch that can be locked down.
    The Halloween garland mentioned above is really nice. 
    A small music box that can be locked down with a variety of sea shanty songs. 
    A sexy sea wench costume. 
    A broom pet costume(sneaking that one in). 
    the pumpkin row boat. 
    A blunderbuss(shoots canonballs)

• OnixiaOnixia Posts: 84
    Definitely an eye patch that can be transmogged onto like the parrots can be.  This would be a head slot item. 
    How about a Jolly Roger Flag that can be added to your ship or like those new guild flags on your castle turret.
    Pirate clothes such as striped pants, vest, pirate white poofy laced shirts.
    A wooden leg addon.
    A small Scalis Statue with sound effects that can be added as cool deco item to your sea rooms.
    A treasure map floor rug with an X marks the spot where the treasure is buried.
    So many great ideas!!

Sea slayer
     spellbook 
    Bow/throwing 
    Instruments 

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    i want that figurehead in deed form, so i can put it at the front of my ship
    (from the picture above)
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    edited February 20
    loop said:
    Pirate music box + sea shanty songs

Have it play this song. When your char hears it, they grow hair on their chest.

shootgun said:

• Mount that gives luck (if we have damage reduction mounts, then why not luck?), corresponding item for gargoyles.
    That should probably be the Ki-Rin. The Ki-Rin is associated with good fortune in mythology. As is, they're surpassed by their female counterpart, the Unicorn (which is completely immune to Poison status).
    Or add the magical Liopleurodon as a sea tame (or Luck Statue) that can boost your Luck (or even as a wild creature in the ocean that can boost your Luck like the Sphinx can). He'll show you the way to great loot (just like in Ark)!

PlayerSkillFTW said:
    shootgun said:
    That should probably be the Ki-Rin. The Ki-Rin is associated with good fortune in mythology. As is, they're surpassed by their female counterpart, the Unicorn (which is completely immune to Poison status).
    Or add the magical Liopleurodon as a sea tame (or Luck Statue) that can boost your Luck (or even as a wild creature in the ocean that can boost your Luck like the Sphinx can). He'll show you the way to great loot (just like in Ark)!

I really like the Kirin mount with luck idea.
  • OmnicronOmnicron Posts: 20
    Kyronix said:
    STUD! x2!
    Im not a big fan of Luc and her $103.92 per month of entitlement. 
    So many things listed and most are pretty cool.  What's the chances that many were already on the devs mind?  We will at least feel they listened whether they did or not.  :D
    I am not sure if devs are still watching this thread, but it would be nice to be able to buy base rings/bracelets from the black market until runic reforging for tinkerers is added. We can have max SSI ring/bracelet, max SDI ring/bracelet, etc. on the black market. Whatever we cant get on rings/bracelets at the moment can be added to black market as a base ring/bracelet until tinkering runic tools are added?
  • MitMit Posts: 38
    Im thinkin Flying Dutchman cannon.. a double or triple barrel cannon.. longer prep time of course but can fire shots one at a time or all at once.. maybe just one per ship.. a double or triple barrel cannon on the bow of my orc ship would look soooo cool..
    edited February 23
    shootgun said:
    I am not sure if devs are still watching this thread, but it would be nice to be able to buy base rings/bracelets from the black market until runic reforging for tinkerers is added. We can have max SSI ring/bracelet, max SDI ring/bracelet, etc. on the black market. Whatever we cant get on rings/bracelets at the moment can be added to black market as a base ring/bracelet until tinkering runic tools are added?
    You can buy that on Vendor search. Players trading with each other was designed into the gameplay from day 1, it is a designed mechanism to get items you don't have, just as much as looting mobs, crafting, gifts, doing quests, events, etc.

Why would they put an item on the Pirate that are so plentiful that you can buy on VS?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited February 23
    Since we are talking about an Event pretty much based on Pirates, I would like to see a "special Treasure Map" be given when killing a Dread Pirate with special loot in it, better quality of the regular Trove Treasure Maps loot, perhaps chance at a random Artifact, whatever... but definitely, a Treasure Map where the Pirate had the "good stuff" hidden away...

This, since, I understand, players complain that regular, current Treasure Maps, even Trove ones and with a Luck suit, using +5 Cartography glasses and all the bells and whistles, still yield underwhelming loot, most of which is only good for unravelling....

I mean, I find it odd that Monsters carry Treasure Maps, even high end ones, but NPCs Pirates do not ?

I really hope that this Event will rectify what I personally find as an oddity, and will make NPCs Dread Pirates in UO be able to carry Treasure Maps with a better quality loot of Hoard/Trove Treasure Maps, at least, for the duration of this Event and then, if the Developers will want to make this regular content, they could carry the equivalent of Trove Treasure Maps loot, perhaps, including items which do not spawn in regular Treasure Maps to give to players a reason to do Treasure Maps from Dread Pirates instead of Trove Treasure Maps, for a variation in gameplay....
  • HippoHippo Posts: 280
    Instead of UO Store purchases, I believe the new rewards should be from the Bucs Pirate exclusively, thus rewarding those who put in the work on the Seven Seas. 

I like all the suggestions above! I'm always asking for a Jolly Roger flag for ships or perhaps a skull & crossed bones on the sail "decal".  Gloves that show a hook on the shield hand...ramrod that speeds reloading and/or increases damage...ship's longboat with swivel cannon in bow.. tailor recipes for a pirate frock coat, pirate hate w/plume, striped pantaloons...a spyglass (or recipe for) that tells exactly what kind of ship and if it's PC,NPC or Hostile... a Letter of Marque that grants a 50% spawn increase of either merchantmen, pirates or Beacons... an UBWS cutlass with nice mods (and a harpoon version for Gargs)... a grappling hook that works like a tractor beam to pull target ships close and immobilize as you continue firing cannon (I hate chasing down prey!).
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    I really dislike the idea of purchases for money. Rewards should be earned. I'm old school I guess.
    I really dislike the idea of purchases for money. Rewards should be earned. I'm old school I guess.
    1000000% agree I've ask for the removal of doubloon cap add stuff to the black market make it expensive