vendor search broken

Keep getting "your search is taking too long" on Atl without using an item name even if i use multiple options to limit the results. 

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    Yep, working as intended.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    That sux. I was shopping on Atlantic late last night and it was noticeably more speedy than usual.  When I changed parameters the new screen was so fast, a few times I thought it was the previous search.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,308
    edited February 18
    Works for me on Atlantic most of time.  Sometimes it’s slow and sometimes it’s blacked out, that’s not new.  But at least 75% of time it’s working normally. I rarely get the time out message. Might be something on your end if it’s always down.  Know when I moved I had trouble with UO running at all until my internet provider provided me with more up to date equipment.  I do parameter searches, like lower reagent cost 20%, while leaving the search for text box blank and that works ok for me. 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    edited February 18
    This is what i've been getting. I was off Mon/Tues and same returns today until i enter something into the item name. 

Trying to suit a new scribe for another shard. I do get search results while using item names like wizard when i search for a head piece.

Maybe there's just too much armor on vendors...

edited February 18
    That’s a lot of search criteria and I am sure there is a ton of stuff to search through.  I usually just use one but have at times used 3 or 4 search criteria to search for things for my mage.  Maybe try a search using just lower mana and reagent cost percentages, and mage armor.  Or, pants, and the mana and reagent costs.  Would think vendor search could handle that, and that you would not have too many results to search through.  Also, maybe try just one criteria to determine if vendor search is working at all.  Know vendor search can be very frustrating to use.  Never know just what to expect when I try to use it at different times during the night, but overall it does work most of the time to some extent.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    I can confirm Atlantic VS is not doing well right now.

I tried that search and a few with just 2 properties.

Out of 20 or so attempts I got a result that popped up a few minutes after I closed search.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited February 18
    Arnold7 said:
     Maybe try a search using just lower mana and reagent cost percentages, and mage armor.
    Did that first. Then i kept adding properties to thin the results but it was a bust. Works fine if using item names.

Pawain said:
    I can confirm Atlantic VS is not doing well right now.

I tried that search and a few with just 2 properties.

Out of 20 or so attempts I got a result that popped up a few minutes after I closed search.

Thanks for the confirmation. 
    Tried vendor search on Atlantic tonight and it is messed up.  Searched on 15% lower reagent cost and 8% lower mana cost.  Got the time out message fairly quickly and then the search results.  Got to admit my first time seeing that.  Hope it starts working better for you.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Perhaps this is something they could have addressed in the update instead of the lack of content that was in it? 
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    As of late last night it started working decently so maybe it's fixed. Appreciate the extended testing.