Why do people place smaller houses after IDOCs?

shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
edited February 18 in General Discussions
I just failed my 100th attempt to place a house after an IDOC. I have couple questions to the experts though,

- Do you guys know the timing on the house placement tool? In the latest IDOC, 3 smaller houses were placed in a span of 2 seconds. How did they all get the timing right? I feel like I am getting muted from using the tool if I attempt to place a house too fast. How are they not muted the same way? Please dont tell me all 3 were lucky to place the house in the same 2 seconds. Are they trying to place a house non-stop one after another? Is there a way to avoid the silent mute?

- I realize that people always place smaller houses after an IDOC instead of trying to place the same size house as the IDOC. Why is that? Does the server somehow give higher precedence to smaller houses?

Thanks in advance guys, may be 101st time is the charm :p

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    They can place a small house without missing the spot and that blocks others from placing,  then they come back and resize it or replace it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    Pawain said:
    They can place a small house without missing the spot and that blocks others from placing,  then they come back and resize it or replace it.

Yes but this does not answer my question. Why place a smaller house when they can also place a bigger one? What is the advantage of placing a smaller one? I understand what they are doing, I do not know why they are doing it. Is it easier to place a smaller one? Does the server do less checks for smaller houses so they are placed faster on the server, etc?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    It's easier because they do not have to hit the exact spot that the max house would require.  And they may feel some excitement knowing they are taunting others.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Or just a place to drop and sort loot 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Like Pawain said it's easier and faster to bring up a small on the tool than scrolling to find the exact size.

Placing a small blocks exact placement and can be sold to someone who really wants that location. Just an old seller tactic. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    Take a page out of their play book and also place a small house.  Do it in the back of the lot to prevent them from fully resizing their small house later.