The most boring Newsletter to date

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Skett said:

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Looks up from sharpening his fish hooks but keeps mouth shut..
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited February 18
    Pawain said:
    It has taken you 27 years to notice Vet rewards are always Deco? :D

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited February 18
    For anyone curious, go look up some of the 'other version' patch notes. (trying to stay in forum tos here)
    You'll see what could be possible and those people aren't even getting paid. They get more in 1 month than we get in 3mo-1yr.

Keep saying this update is amazing, keep lying to yourself, simp harder. If you believe this update is amazing you are all the reason we have low standards for updates when we should be getting more. 

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    username said:
    If @ username doesn't like it (he never does) then it is unpopular because he knows what everybody in UO is thinking.  If you always want to hear negative stuff then by all means read his stuff.
    Facts don't care about your feelings.
    Logic doesn't go far with you apparently.
    Oh look it is Mr. Hater himself speaking for all of UO.  It is your OPINION that this stinks NOT FACT.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    username said:
    For anyone curious, go look up some of the 'free version' patch notes. (trying to stay in forum tos here)
    You'll see what could be possible and those people aren't even getting paid. They get more in 1 month than we get in 3mo-1yr.

Keep saying this update is amazing, keep lying to yourself, simp harder. If you believe this update is amazing you are all the reason we have low standards for updates when we should be getting more. 
    @Mariah are we allowed to talk about free shards.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Before I read the boring newsletter, the newsletter archive is still not shown on the main page.

The Dev is too lazy to add the direct link on front page, and I am too lazy to find the newsletter in my spam folder. 

I am getting too lazy to pay for my next subscription soon. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,407
    username said:
    For anyone curious, go look up some of the 'free version' patch notes. (trying to stay in forum tos here)

@ Mariah are we allowed to talk about free shards.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 18
    There is only one item that helps QOL:
    • Enchanted Gardening Shears - quickly harvest from all your plants!
    I already have the custom code but this is ok. Are we expecting more deco rewards from the new events. 

There is no bug fix for this coming publish, as usual.

E.g. when can we expect the bug fix for the spellbook binder, i.e. spellbooks not returning to the backpack when swapping. @Mesanna
    This was reported since the TC before the veteran reward was released. This veteran reward has never work correctly since testing. 

@username
    Maybe they do more decor rewards because functional rewards are always full of bugs... like the above. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited February 18
    Seth said:
    Before I read the boring newsletter, the newsletter archive is still not shown on the main page.

The Dev is too lazy to add the direct link on front page, and I am too lazy to find the newsletter in my spam folder. 

I am getting too lazy to pay for my next subscription soon. 
    UO.com doesn't work half the time, forget adding it to any archive. It throws 503 errors and was down most of yesterday and this morning. Seems like they have to manually reset it during 'business hours' even on the weekend. But this is normal and acceptable don't you understand? 

Maybe one of the bootlickers can tell me a company's website that goes down for 12h+ on the regular  :D

BUT IM THE BAD ONE FOR WANTING BETTER FOR THIS GAME. The toxic complacency of this community will never cease to amaze me.

edited February 18
    Interesting that the teleport rings are being nerfed after all these years considering they were in the game since launch. Gee, wonder why they've gotten so powerful? Perhaps they are used in illegal programs to exploit for PVP. Same thing with evasion fixes. Almost like they should do something about the underlying problem not a bandage solution. :shrug: call me crazy!

edited February 18
    username said:
    Interesting that the teleport rings are being nerfed after all these years considering they were in the game since launch. Gee, wonder why they've gotten so powerful? Perhaps they are used in illegal programs to exploit for PVP. Same thing with evasion fixes. Almost like they should do something about the underlying problem not a bandage solution. :shrug: call me crazy!
    Because PvP players asked for a cooldown on them.  They were tired of players hopping around with no delay. So the developers decided to do some PvP changes that posters asked for.  They work the same in all clients.
    I don't recall posters asking for a period of paralyze, just a cooldown.  But that is what was chosen.

No conspiracy, just a lack of knowledge on your part.
    Pawain said:

edited February 18
    username said:
    Pawain said:

I agree with my statement.  I have yet to see you name something that is unique to a template or a skill that is enhanced with a vet pick.  You see from the few choices I have made which are all deco, that I do not need vet rewards to aid in my killing of things or making of items.  The Transporters allow you to be lazy with rune books.

I feel some vet rewards are QoL improvements. Like the shears and greenhouse and satchels that hold books. Deco is a QoL improvement IMO.

We don't need chairs or tables or EM rewards, but they make us happy.

You are just getting powned over and over, you must like it.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Vet rewards are deliberately nice to have, but not game changing. They give no one a tactical advantage.
    Please stop sniping at each other, it's not in the spirit of the ToS that requires that you treat everyone with respect.
    Please bear in mind that this is only part one of the publish, we have no idea what may, or may not, be in the other parts.
    edited February 18
    Mariah said:
    Vet rewards are deliberately nice to have, but not game changing. They give no one a tactical advantage.
    Please stop sniping at each other, it's not in the spirit of the ToS that requires that you treat everyone with respect.
    Please bear in mind that this is only part one of the publish, we have no idea what may, or may not, be in the other parts.
    I have a very hard problem dealing with the forums lack of ignore feature with people that deliberately either low effort troll and/or bad faith post.

I'll refer to what I said previously regarding the veteran rewards since no one cares to read what I said. Yes, I'm not going to quote it so people can go back and actually read it... seems to be a really big problem with some of the posters and lack of reading.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,954
    edited February 18
    Mariah said:
    I am just tired of seeing yet more Mounts, ethereals or statuettes being given as Veteran Rewards...

As in regards to Veteran Rewards having a usefullness in the game, I see them positively and, to my opinion, they cannot be game changing if they are Designed to be "claimed" by a given active year account BUT, can be traded and used by any active age game account.

This way, older Veteran Accounts can yes have the privilege to claim them if they meet the active age requirement, but, through trading them to any and all other accounts, even those which still cannot claim them not having the sufficient active age. can get to use them.

And trading can mean selling (and I see nothing wrong in older Veteran Accounts being able to benefit selling Veteran Rewards, it already happens right now in UO and has always been happening, to my recallection...) but it can also mean gifting that Veteran Reward to a friend or guild mate.....
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    This thread has made the point it is going to make.