Please patch the EJ account to prevent it from attacking players.

ArtArt Posts: 1
These days, many servers despise dungeon champion are hunting using bots from EJ accounts.
Only when GM is not active.
Yamato, Asuka, Arirang, Balhae, Izumo, Sakura, Hokuto, Wakoku, Formosa...Asia servers
They are using 12 archers to kill players and prevent them from accessing the hunting grounds.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    With latest patch can't have 12 ej account at same time anymore 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
     B) 
  • Grimbeard said:
    With latest patch can't have 12 ej account at same time anymore 
    Yes you can. People just use vpn to use multiple accounts. Just same ip it wont work. There is easy work out for it that people are abusing. A GM can easily just go watch what is happening and know theyre botting. Its ruining the game and people are just doing it because theyre not good as good as others at pvp.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    Isn't it sad when the bots aren't punished for so damn long there's a "Moral Code" that players abide by (somewhat) with a few that didn't adhere to it throughout the years?  -the other thread that was recently locked demonstrated that very well, and that's just a small part of what people can (and do) execute with all these third-party clients almost everyone's running these days.

It shouldn't matter if they're EJ or Paid accounts because it's completely ruining the game for anyone who still plays legitimately.  -btw, if it's a paid account, the gametime $ is already spent, so there shouldn't be any hesitation on banning these people if their actions warrant it.

@Mesanna ; When can we expect anything to be done on this front?   I mean, something tangible, something that the players running into this garbage every day will notice it at least being reduced? 

should have started passing out bans back when you said 'cheats were detectable', now I'm 100% sure the numbers are at least several times more cheating players than it was back when you made that statement.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^
    Art said:

They are using 12 archers to kill players and prevent them from accessing the hunting grounds.
      I'm not going to lie, this was literally the first thing I thought of when EJ came out.

I've never done anything like that, but if third-party clients are ever 'legal', you can bet I and everyone that can will be doing something like that.  at least in the short term, I'm getting bored AF just thinking about it.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • sibblesibble Posts: 113
    I like that they did something to notify/alert when multiple EJ accounts are using the same IP, but again this is very easily avoidable using VPNs.

So the next step in my mind would be:
    - Develop something that polls your EJ users
    - Check their X/Y location
    - If multiple EJs are within +-20 X/Y of other EJs, send GM alert for a manual check
    - GM gets alert, tele's to location to investigate

Due to the change a lot of those BOT account are no longer EJ accounts.  How many VPNs can you run on one computer while trying to mulitybox, wouldn't that be like trying to control 10 different CPUs at the same time.  That would be one hell of a computer system.  Now if they are paid accounts you can have as many accounts open as your one computer can handle
    edited February 6
    How many VPNs can you run on one computer while trying to mulitybox, wouldn't that be like trying to control 10 different CPUs at the same time.  That would be one hell of a computer system.
    Without going into great detail there are several easy and cheap ways to do this.  With virtualization you can run a different VPN for each virtual machine.

A $200 refurbished server can probably handle like 10 or more Windows XP VMs

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited February 6
    The videos I saw in the other thread are disgusting and should be an instant ban upon a GM seeing these actions. That's blatant multiboxing and illegal client use. But I'm sure they were able to respond to a GM so it's legal and allowed, thanks Mesanna!

Assuming these players are EJ but really just in general...

Why are EJ allowed in VvV? 
    Why are EJ allowed to receive champ spawn rewards? or Peerless? 
    Why are EJ allowed to use power scrolls? (or, have skills that exceed 100 in the case of a paid sub lapsing)
    Why are EJ allowed to run repeatable reward quests?
    Why are EJ allowed in Fel?
    Why are EJ ToT rewards account bound and not anything else they do in the game?
    Why are EJ even allowed in these areas (champ spawn/VvV/etc.)

We finally reel back some power from them (way to late) years down the road but they're still broken. Realistically the problem lies in these 3rd party clients they refuse to address but EJs compound this. The point of EJ is to get a feel for the game and make you want to sub and unlock all the premium features. Limit them to Haven island and make everything they touch account-bound.

EJs were a mistake and were way too strong and still way too strong. 
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    Weird I would personally say EJ accounts are not good enough in what they offer to get people to want to legitimately use them.

It's nice that EJ accounts take the blame for the lack of punishment regarding cheating though!  I would be surprised if the archers in the video are even endless journey it is not uncommon for people to invest in multiple paid accounts to multibox and it sounds like this person is making his money back while playing.
    EJ in haven only all problems solved 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Grimbeard said:
    EJ in haven only all problems solved 

Agreed.

I do however see Atomic's point. If someone has never played UO and doesn't read what features they're missing out on then it would be a turn off to sub. 

I think if they did an unlocked 7 day trial version (no housing) with a character wipe it might be good. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    Except for newer players with friends or other mentors already planning this game with the knowledge and resources they need, cannot see any other new players paying a subscription fee to play this game after a week or two trial period.  The gap between a viable player and a newer player is just too great.  Yes, experienced players can develop viable players from scratch in a week but newer players are lucky to learn how to buy training in that amount of time.  I played an EJ account for about six months before subscribing with the lack of storage being the primary driving force.  Without EJ accounts really don’t think this game would keep many new players playing long enough for them to decide to subscribe.  Really UO needs to offer EJ accounts to retain newer players.  To be honest real newer players won’t generate enough gold to buy many power scrolls anyway.  Sorry to see these accounts are abused by veteran players, but newer players need them.
    Lets be honest the mythical new player is probably less than 1% of EJ accounts and I'm willing to bet the sub rate of EJ accounts less than 10%...
  • CrunchCrunch Posts: 7
    People are quitting the game because this has been going on for the past year with 0 repercussions. I myself have reported this during the daytime when GM's are online and they respond with they will investigate then they literally never do. Nothing has happened even 1 time. I also play Atlantic and if this was happening there they would be banned the same day from all the reports flooding in but on any of the Japanese servers they just allow it. It's actually mind boggling at this point. We have reached out via email, made posts online, reported to gms, directly emailed bonnie multiple times. We get 0 response or action taken. If you call someone a bitch on atlantic youll get your account marked but if you multibox and script kill people its allowed just craziness to me.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    edited February 7
    Crunch said:
    People are quitting the game because this has been going on for the past year with 0 repercussions. I myself have reported this during the daytime when GM's are online and they respond with they will investigate then they literally never do. Nothing has happened even 1 time. I also play Atlantic and if this was happening there they would be banned the same day from all the reports flooding in but on any of the Japanese servers they just allow it. It's actually mind boggling at this point. We have reached out via email, made posts online, reported to gms, directly emailed bonnie multiple times. We get 0 response or action taken. If you call someone a bitch on atlantic youll get your account marked but if you multibox and script kill people its allowed just craziness to me.

Video removed  by Mariah due to visible client hacks

I mean isn't that you using the same thing on your team 2 years ago? But now its suddenly an issue?

• CrunchCrunch Posts: 7
    First off ive never used them. Secondly the team that is using them currently i played with and quit their guild because they refused to quit using them. I've never condoned using bots to pvp. Maybe gets your facts straight and try being less of a degenerate if you wanna talk shit to me.
    edited February 7
    To be frank the entire EJ system seemed unnecessarily complicated to me.

Compare EJ to 30-day trials:

- EJ are permanent until banned, thus working up characters to act as bots seems more lucrative vs. a 30-day trial that you KNOW will be locked after 30-days.

- EJ restrictions limit experience, like housing and housing customization (at the least) is a huge experience that an EJ account (intended to give potential customers the UO experience) will never have.

I get that a 30-day trial also won't give players a full UO experience in 30 days, like earn enough currency to build a small house.  I guess at that point I would ask what would be the harm in giving them small house deeds for free.  What I'm getting at is there's ways around this to get the player to experience something that would normally take more than 30-days to experience.

I'm thinking that this method is more viable then handing out perma-free accounts with limited features.
    edited February 10
    EJ wouldn't be anywhere near as gamebreaking as it is without the rampant cheating going on, deal with the "detectable cheats" and EJ is no longer an issue for the most part.

ICQ# 478 633 659