Do you think a veteran reward/item like this would be useful?

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    shootgun said:
    Thanks everyone for their help so far. Do you guys know if there is a way to ask the dev team whether or not something like this would be in their radar? May be ask @ Mesanna @ Mesanna1 and @ Kyronix ?
    They have told us to stop hoarding BODs.  They want us to get them and fill them and turn them in.  I doubt they have a method to allow us to have even more BODs on their radar.  Especially since there are scores of NPCs that are happy to bribe up BODs. I do not see them allowing us to put one in our house that has no limit.

If they wanted us to choose the end result of a bride, they could have done that with the BOD revamp. They did not.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    shootgun said:
    @ shootgun how often would this reward be available, every day, once a week, once a month?  How many BODs per session?

I do not have access to the game data or metricts to make an educated guess. The devs need to decide that after looking at current player behavion, and desired gold sink.

May be they can make it infinite but increase the gold sink after each use? Something like start with 100 gold, increase the gold by 10 times after each use, and cut the gold requirement by 3 after 6 hours.

So:
    • First upgrade is 100 gold.
    • Next is 1000 gold.
    • Next is 10000 gold.
    • You wait 6 hours without an upgrade.
    • Next is 3333 gold.
    • Next is 33330 gold.
    • Next is 333300.
    • You wait 6 hours, it is now 111100.
    • You wait another 6 hours, it is now 37033.
    • Next upgrade it 37033.
    • Next upgrade is 370330.

As I said I do not know about the game to make this decision. I was just winging in while typing this. This way poor people can wait in between upgrades and they wont be able to float the market. But rich people can throw money at the problem increasing the gold sink with each bod.

What do you guys think?

So basically what you want is a NPC at your house that will upgrade BODs (no matter what type).  Sure would save me a lot of time upgrading BODs recalling to all the different shops.  Just make them work the same as the current NPCs do and after so long of non use they revert back to 0.
    then it would be 3 bribes in one session. 

I do love the idea of a vet reward station that you can choose the direction of bribing a bod.

but don't like the above suggestion for bribing amounts. doing huge gold sinks into bods, will only drive up the costs of the items that crafters sell. I do lot of bods but usually don't do it for making a profit. Its for my own use or for the Artisan Festival. If I do sell items, All my funds from crafting goes towards purchases for holiday boxes. 
    No you can do more than 3 bribes at a time from the NPC before they refuse to do more.
    edited February 5
    Pawain said:
    shootgun said:
    Thanks everyone for their help so far. Do you guys know if there is a way to ask the dev team whether or not something like this would be in their radar? May be ask @ Mesanna @ Mesanna1 and @ Kyronix ?
    They have told us to stop hoarding BODs.  They want us to get them and fill them and turn them in.  I doubt they have a method to allow us to have even more BODs on their radar.  Especially since there are scores of NPCs that are happy to bribe up BODs. I do not see them allowing us to put one in our house that has no limit.

If they wanted us to choose the end result of a bride, they could have done that with the BOD revamp. They did not.
    WOW How would this enable you to have more BODs, this is fake news/false information.  We are not asking for MORE BODs, we are asking for the ability to control the outcome of a bribe period and if they want to charge us more gold for it so be it, it would be another gold sink.  The only way BODs come out of UO is the trees and when we turn in LBODS.  If they wanted BODs out of the system then they would not give us 3 BODs a day and they would not give us a BOD every time we turn one in.  We fully understand that you only want things that you do upgraded but for the life of all Crafters why are you so dead set on Crafters getting upgraded and shown some love.  Yes you kill a lot of stuff and collect loot, are you afraid that we will cut into your profit by making better stuff?  Seriously why the hatred for Crafters.
    edited February 5
    @Lord_Frodo The OP asked for a guy in their house that would upgrade BODs 3 times a day.  Therefore that's 3 more upgrades than we can get now per toon.

Someone else added the control of the upgrades. Like I said the devs could have done this when they did a BOD revamp, they CHOSE not to.

I don't understand why you think I sell things, do you know how many plats I could have made from pets?  I think I sold one Nightmare that was a very high % one that would be kept by a collector of  high intensity un trained pets.

I craft as needed, I am the only one that made a crafting guide for Luck suits during the last Spring event.  So, it seems I am the only one willing to share knowledge that replies to threads like this.  You should accuse yourself of not sharing knowledge so others have to buy from you before you accuse me of being a seller. Which is just as ludicrous. 

I sell items but mostly they are items from events or power scrolls I buy on Atlantic and bring to LS.

I am a buyer of items and hoarder.  I do not hate crafters, I have some.  I feel crafting is pretty damn easy as is.  I do not understand why BOD makers do not make the specific end result BOD for the item they want.  Choose what you want, make the maximum bribed up BOD that will buy that item.  Why would you not want to bribe them to MAX, IMO you do not need to stop at something other than Maximum level if you look at the chart and see how many points you make.

I make PoF BODs from shields.  Sometimes they bribe too high of a metal, oh well that one Shield BOD gets made from Shadow iron instead of dull copper.

What item are you trying to get that you are finding it too difficult to get the BOD for?

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/bulk-orders/
    Pawain said:
    @ Lord_Frodo The OP asked for a guy in their house that would upgrade BODs 3 times a day.  Therefore that's 3 more upgrades than we can get now per toon.

Someone else added the control of the upgrades. Like I said the devs could have done this when they did a BOD revamp, they CHOSE not to.

I don't understand why you think I sell things, do you know how many plats I could have made from pets?  I think I sold one Nightmare that was a very high % one that would be kept by a collector of  high intensity un trained pets.

I craft as needed, I am the only one that made a crafting guide for Luck suits during the last Spring event.  So, it seems I am the only one willing to share knowledge that replies to threads like this.  You should accuse yourself of not sharing knowledge so others have to buy from you before you accuse me of being a seller. Which is just as ludicrous. 

I sell items but mostly they are items from events or power scrolls I buy on Atlantic and bring to LS.

I am a buyer of items and hoarder.  I do not hate crafters, I have some.  I feel crafting is pretty damn easy as is.  I do not understand why BOD makers do not make the specific end result BOD for the item they want.  Choose what you want, make the maximum bribed up BOD that will buy that item.  Why would you not want to bribe them to MAX, IMO you do not need to stop at something other than Maximum level if you look at the chart and see how many points you make.

I make PoF BODs from shields.  Sometimes they bribe too high of a metal, oh well that one Shield BOD gets made from Shadow iron instead of dull copper.

What item are you trying to get that you are finding it too difficult to get the BOD for?

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/bulk-orders/
    I sell UO Store stuff on Atl for my gold and that is really all I sell. and bring stuff back from around the world trips to all shards.  I give away stuff to returning players and new players all the time.  PoF is 10 bronze - 20 Dull.  I have or the ability to have any Smith/Tailor BOD I want.  Two years ago I did 2 trees and due to reasons known to a few I donated a ton of BODs to be filled with bags full of reward hammers and sewing kits so they could keep their benches full to make thing plus resources to fill the BODs and I still have 60+ vendors full and yes I give BODs to people that need them.  I also have tons of resources that were purchased long ago when things were cheap.  Others are not as well stocked or have the BODs they need so I am very much for anything that will upgrade Crafters and I am not selfish enough to say "Oh they do not need upgrading like some people on here.  Yes I have all the Tallies and all the hammers and there is very little that I can not make.  I think it is great the new BODs they put in and the new Crafting menus the put in but when was the last time they upgraded the Crafter even though they have added new armor and weapons that take a lot more skills than even a 30% tally will help.  The only two crafters that can go to 120 is Smith and Tailor, why is that?
    edited February 5
    Lord_Frodo said:

The only two crafters that can go to 120 is Smith and Tailor, why is that?
    A blessing from the developers.  Your paragraph is proof.  You said you can make anything you want to make.

We circle back to my statement, I don't want to have to get 120 in 4 more skills.  If they made them 120, many of us would have to get 120, why, its what addicted  players do.  We don't want to do everything, we HAVE to.
    Pawain said:
    Lord_Frodo said:

A blessing from the developers.  Your paragraph is proof.  You said you can make anything you want to make.

We circle back to my statement, I don't want to have to get 120 in 4 more skills.  If they made them 120, many of us would have to get 120, why, its what addicted  players do.  We don't want to do everything, we HAVE to.
    So you confuse the fact as me saying I can make anything that I want does not mean that I can make everything that is craft able.  Just because you do not want to go to 120 in the other crafting skills doesn't mean that others might want to.  So now you are dictating and telling others how to play UO, how kind of you.  Should the DEVs refer to you before making any decision about UO because you do not think it should be done and want to tell others how to play UO.  I seam to remember you telling players not to tell you how to play UO, maybe you should take your own advice
    edited February 5
    Pawain said:
    Lord_Frodo said:

So you confuse the fact as me saying I can make anything that I want does not mean that I can make everything that is craft able.  Just because you do not want to go to 120 in the other crafting skills doesn't mean that others might want to.  So now you are dictating and telling others how to play UO, how kind of you.  Should the DEVs refer to you before making any decision about UO because you do not think it should be done and want to tell others how to play UO.  I seam to remember you telling players not to tell you how to play UO, maybe you should take your own advice
    What makes you think the devs would raise the skill caps to 120 but keep the crafting requirements based on 100 skill.  No game does that. Yall do not think changes thru.  You want an easy button and UO has not used easy buttons since 1997!

We get better weapons and armor, the equivalent mob stats go up.

I think we are mixing these 2 crafting threads together, This OP did not ask for crafting success changes to be increased, the OP wants an NPC in his house that will brine up all BOD types.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,954
    edited February 5
    Pawain said:
    shootgun said:

Well, I do BODs and personally, I have 2 problems with the logic of getting them and filling them and not hoarding them....

The 1st things that stops me from doing them, is the very low rate with which I get Large BODs.

I get way more smalls as the larges I may get and, judging from the small BODs tossed on the floor around NPCs shops, I imagine that I am not alone in getting way too many small BODs and very few large BODs.

The 2nd thing that stops me from filling small BODs, is the banking points which, to my opinion, are way, but way too low points to make it worth it.

To fill small BODs it takes time to craft the items, burns up resources which take time to restock, breaks tools which need to be remade and all that.

Bottom line is, at least to my viewing, given the too low banking points, it takes too much an effort and time involved to make it worth it to bank small BODs to get whatever Reward the accumulation of banking points can get.

As I see it, better wait for the right large BOD to be given by the shop NPC, and fill it with the smalls it needs which abund, since for 1 large that spawn a whole lot of smalls have already showed up.

If we want the existing stock of BODs to diminish, I think that the banking points should be increased to incentivate players to fill and turn in more small BODs.

Another possible way to decrease the number of existing BODs, could be introducing a way to turn in a significant number of unfilled small BODs to a shop NPC and be given a random large BOD in return.

This way, not only several, unfilled small BODs turned in to get 1 Large would exist the game but, also the smalls needed to fill up that large being given in exchange, would exit the game.

But as it is now, at least to my opinion, the current system does not incentivate enough to turn in small BODs and makes it more appealing to just claim BODs over and over and wait for those large BODs to show up.

Banking points as they are now, take too much work and time for the expected gain.

At least, that is how I see it.
  • username said:
    Would be a nice gold sink

Since there are hundreds of platinum are around, thoose Gold sinks are useless. A vendor fee for one 100 mil item sinks more money than all crafting NPCs a day owns.(if there are no 24h bot on the shard)
    And I would not change most of the rewards against one were I spare some k of money.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    NPC bribing for BODs is one of the few powerful gold sinks we have, I would be hard pressed to want to give that away for free.  With items like these, there is no limit to how many a player can amass, so ultimately the restriction of "3 per day" becomes arbitrary and before long there is an unrestricted pipeline of whatever we are giving away for free.
    Kyronix said:
    NPC bribing for BODs is one of the few powerful gold sinks we have, I would be hard pressed to want to give that away for free.  With items like these, there is no limit to how many a player can amass, so ultimately the restriction of "3 per day" becomes arbitrary and before long there is an unrestricted pipeline of whatever we are giving away for free.
    #1 Thank You for responding to this thread.
    #2 We are not asking for it for FREE.  We are asking for a NPC Vendor in our house that acts just like the ones in the shops but this NPC will do all types of BODs at the same gold as the one do at the shops with the same limit as to how many you can do at a time.  And if we choose the type of bribe we want it costs even more.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited February 5
    Kyronix said:
    @Kyronix Thanks for taking the time to answer. It is appreciated a lot.

I think there has been a mistake. Although the original post at the beginning of this thread asked for free upgrades, the latest discussion is very far away from that.

What we want are 2 things;
    1. We want to be able to select the type of upgrade using this house addon. (Instead of random let us select material, exceptional, or amount)
    2. We want to be able to exchange some amount of smaller bods to bigger bods. (So dont have to hoard 100s of bods just waiting for a matching larger bod to show up one of these days)

You can charge us for however much gold you think is appropriate for these 2 things. We are willing to  pay even higher gold amount than usual if we get these two.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 646
    I am so surprised that bribing is a major gold sink. I must be more Scottish than I know. I groan if I spend more than 1K a week on bribes. Just curious, if you're someone who regularly  bribes up, how much do you figure you spend a week?
    I am so surprised that bribing is a major gold sink. I must be more Scottish than I know. I groan if I spend more than 1K a week on bribes. Just curious, if you're someone who regularly  bribes up, how much do you figure you spend a week?
    I easily spend 1 to 5 mil a week. That super, uber, duber, amazing armor piece that has everything you need and rolled max value for everything is only 1 more runic tool away... Always...

Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Lord_Frodo said:

What makes you think the devs would raise the skill caps to 120 but keep the crafting requirements based on 100 skill.  No game does that. Yall do not think changes thru.  You want an easy button and UO has not used easy buttons since 1997!

I think we are mixing these 2 crafting threads together, This OP did not ask for crafting success changes to be increased, the OP wants an NPC in his house that will brine up all BOD types.
    And what makes you think they wouldn't?  Why are you so dead set on asking the DEVs for something?  Just because you personally do not like it does not mean other do not like it, why are you trying so hard to make people adhere to your play style.  Go here and put in max every thing with 30% both https://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/carpentry.php and a Plain Wooden Chest Exp. 55% chance.
    https://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/blacksmithing.php  Diamond Mace at 100 blacksmith is 45% Exp and at 120 goes to 85%.  There are a lot of things at 120 with 30% that are not 100% Exp.  Smiths have ASH.  Your are talking a 60 ASH with 30% tally to get everything 100% Exp. 
    120 Smith no Tally Plate Tunic 45% exp needed a 30 ASH for 100% and a Chaos shield needed a 60ASH.  With a 30% tally you now need a 15 ASH to make Plate Tunic 100% so the DEVs did NOT change things when they introduced Tallies of things that were pre Tally but you think they will. 
    edited February 5
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Lord_Frodo said:

And what makes you think they wouldn't?  Why are you so dead set on asking the DEVs for something?  Just because you personally do not like it does not mean other do not like it, why are you trying so hard to make people adhere to your play style.  Go here and put in max every thing with 30% both https://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/carpentry.php and a Plain Wooden Chest Exp. 55% chance.
    https://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/blacksmithing.php  Diamond Mace at 100 blacksmith is 45% Exp and at 120 goes to 85%.  There are a lot of things at 120 with 30% that are not 100% Exp.  Smiths have ASH.  Your are talking a 60 ASH with 30% tally to get everything 100% Exp. 
    120 Smith no Tally Plate Tunic 45% exp needed a 30 ASH for 100% and a Chaos shield needed a 60ASH.  With a 30% tally you now need a 15 ASH to make Plate Tunic 100% so the DEVs did NOT change things when they introduced Tallies of things that were pre Tally but you think they will. 
    Really!!?, they just denied the change yall wanted right above us in this thread and blew the other one off without a reply. Dream on Babee.  And take a chill pill.  :D

Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Lord_Frodo said:

Really!!?, they just denied the change yall wanted right above us in this thread and blew the other one off without a reply. Dream on Babee.  And take a chill pill.  :D

Maybe you need to go back to school and learn to read.  He thought we wanted FREE bribes and unlimited bribes.  Maybe if you would have read the entire thread and not blindly stuck your nose in to give your opinion but as usual you are being nothing more than a troll.  You are literally one of the biggest hypocrites going.  When someone shots down one of your suggestions you tell them to play UO the way you want to and let me play UO the way I want to, maybe you should take some of your own advice hypocrite.  Maybe you should go back to trolling @popps oh wait @Mariah already told you to stop trolling him and she even did it in public LMAO.
    Yup yup, it seems like Kyronix did not have a chance to read the whole thread. Hopefully he will see the following two posts before totally discarding the idea:

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    shootgun said:
    Kyronix said:
    @ Kyronix Thanks for taking the time to answer. It is appreciated a lot.

I think there has been a mistake. Although the original post at the beginning of this thread asked for free upgrades, the latest discussion is very far away from that.

What we want are 2 things;
    1. We want to be able to select the type of upgrade using this house addon. (Instead of random let us select material, exceptional, or amount)
    2. We want to be able to exchange some amount of smaller bods to bigger bods. (So dont have to hoard 100s of bods just waiting for a matching larger bod to show up one of these days)

You can charge us for however much gold you think is appropriate for these 2 things. We are willing to  pay even higher gold amount than usual if we get these two.

For point #1, if we were to do something like this it wouldn't be in the context of a vet reward.  But this is more likely a change we would entertain then #2.

For #2, it's a slippery slope.  At the core of the design for the BOD system is the rarity of specific BODs the randomness creates.  Over the years the built in gameplay in many systems has been circumvented by vet rewards that automate or specify an outcome.  In the case of BODs simply being able to choose your outcome moves away from that, and not something we are eager to do.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 646
    shootgun said:
    I easily spend 1 to 5 mil a week. That super, uber, duber, amazing armor piece that has everything you need and rolled max value for everything is only 1 more runic tool away... Always...

What shard do you play? On Baja we have the Cranky Crafters guild who freely trade *says bad word*  bods with anyone who isn't a 'user'. This may not work with all shards due to the inherent nature of some shards but when it works it's golden. As in real life, this tends to work better with us 'po' folk. ;) If what you're suggesting doesn't get addressed (soon) maybe you could try something like this. Who knows?

When you FINALLY get the *says bad word* bod you've been trying to get for a while or when someone gives you that *says bad word* bod there's a sense of achievement and for me that's one of the things that makes doing *says bad word* bods worthwhile. Reward AND Community. This may be part of Kyronix's #2 reasoning.

If what you're suggesting doesn't get addressed (soon) maybe you could try something like this. Who knows?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will take a look at this. 

I dont think our request will be implemented any time soon. It seems like the game is fairly neglected at the moment. I cant blame the devs.

Right now they maintain 2 clients, CC and EC. They maintain 2 servers, the regulars and the old rulesets.

After New Legacy, they will be maintaining 3 servers and 2 clients.

It is my humble opinion but I think from now on the game will just cruise in maintenance mode until its death. With this many variants, and the small number of UO devs, they wont be able to keep up with the changes needed.
    shootgun said:
    If what you're suggesting doesn't get addressed (soon) maybe you could try something like this. Who knows?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will take a look at this. 

I dont think our request will be implemented any time soon. It seems like the game is fairly neglected at the moment. I cant blame the devs.

Right now they maintain 2 clients, CC and EC. They maintain 2 servers, the regulars and the old rulesets.

After New Legacy, they will be maintaining 3 servers and 2 clients.

It is my humble opinion but I think from now on the game will just cruise in maintenance mode until its death. With this many variants, and the small number of UO devs, they wont be able to keep up with the changes needed.
    The bigger issue is they already did revamps to most of the systems you are just discovering. 

There was a BOD revamp.
    A Pet Revamp.
    Treasure hunting revamp.
    High Seas revamp.
    Dungeon revamp.

So they only go back and change anything with those if there is a major malfunction.   A few players wanting a personal change will rarely happen in those systems.