What are your honest thoughts about the New Legacy.

This topic recently came up on my guilds discord channel after newsletter for this month. From general tone of the email and how effortless it was, It seemed like people at broadsword did not care about NL, and the future of the game.

Anyways, there was not a single person in my guild that had good expectations about NL. From the looks of it huge majority of the player base think that it will be a useless crap. At least everyone in my guild had the opinion that NL is a waste of time. Broadsword should better fix x, y, z, and improve a, b, c.

What is your opinion/expectation about NL?

Comments

• A newsletter released? I haven't seen one in my inbox yet.

As for the overall thoughts you posted: I'm told that Broadsword cares about this game and that there is a lot of spirit left and I read about it. However, action speaks much louder than words and the absolutely lack of communication (as usual), lack of concerns with fixing any of the issues with scripting or cheating, or any real updates to where this game is headed should be concerning to anyone paying for this game.

At this point we're all just a broken record. However, there has been little to show the players that this development team cares about this product. People can be upset or come to defend the devs, but it's the honest truth. 

NL excites me, but the longer it goes without any real update or mention, then less I have confident that they will be able to deliver.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    UO is about permanency the knowledge our house and stuff there waiting, always. a seasonal shard not going to be popular
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,306
    Based on what I have read NL will be a guild based game in which you build your characters from scratch, and because you are limited to two? characters you will have to work with other players make those characters viable.  For example, if you have a fighter and a tamer, you won’t have the room for the crafting skills to equip them so you will have to depend on other players that you know or that have vendors.  Thinking the time commitment will be huge.  There is a player base that enjoys that kind of game style so pretty sure those players will enjoy NL if enough of them choose to play it, but unfortunately it’s not for me.  Starting over again every year just does not appeal to me and I don’t have the freedom for the time commitment NL will require.
  • sibblesibble Posts: 113
    It looks like there will be rewards and upon the Shattering and you can transfer your character to another shard.

I'm assuming the rewards can follow to another shard (like Atlantic)

If so, and the rewards are lucrative, this could be a popular system.  I like the idea I'm just really curious on what the rewards will be like.

sibble said:
    It looks like there will be rewards and upon the Shattering and you can transfer your character to another shard.

I'm assuming the rewards can follow to another shard (like Atlantic)

If so, and the rewards are lucrative, this could be a popular system.  I like the idea I'm just really curious on what the rewards will be like.

The rewards will be pre aos type so useless in today's world 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,306
    Based on what a I read most of what you own on NL does not transfer.  Just a few deco. trophy type items transfer.

If a season is 6 months can anyone train taming the old way
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    My honest thought is
    I'll wait to see what it's actually like before I dismiss it out of hand while having not the slightest idea what I'm talking about.

My honest thought is
    I'll wait to see what it's actually like before I dismiss it out of hand while having not the slightest idea what I'm talking about.

Lack of communication creates speculation 
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    My honest thought is

When has not knowing what you're talking about ever stopped someone from posting here? >:)
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910
    Tim said:
    My honest thought is

When has not knowing what you're talking about ever stopped someone from posting here? >:)
    I dont know what am talking about most of the time, but I DO know I wont be playing that
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    I will still say that I am intrigued and will try it if ever it finished. Timeframe and lack of communication killed any momentum and excitement for this project though. My fear is it will not attract the masses they hope for and will just split what little player base we have left. At least NL will give us another option for the lengthy down periods on production. Unfortunately, at this rate there will be nobody left to play. Outlands is looking better day by day...
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    I am going to at least try it, I mean really why not at least try.
    Let's say there are 2 TOT during a season are you willing to miss out on best in slot items? 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    Honest thoughts? Well first of all they're just thoughts based on no facts so I'm not sure I can call them honest. I think the question would be better asked once we've had the opportunity to experience it. Anything else is just creating a drama story without any basis in truth.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Grimbeard said:
    Let's say there are 2 TOT during a season are you willing to miss out on best in slot items? 
    OMG  Does that mean if I am trying NL I can't log into UO and play on Prodo Shards?  Please show me where they said that.  That has got to be the stupidest thing I have heard.
    Grimbeard said:
    OMG  Does that mean if I am trying NL I can't log into UO and play on Prodo Shards?  Please show me where they said that.  That has got to be the stupidest thing I have heard.
    All about time investment if i have 3 hours a day to play and i have to choose between items on production or a temporary thing it's an easy choice 
    Ok so what races will there be ?
    How exactly will crafting work ? Side ? Tied to ?1 if no gargoyle no imbuing? 
    How will the pvp system work? 
    Why after 3 plus years do we know so little 
    Why is Mesanna not promoting NL at all??
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    All about time investment if i have 3 hours a day to play and i have to choose between items on production or a temporary thing it's an easy choice 

If you have 3 hours a day to play I am pretty sure you can earn every TOT you want within a week then go back to playing NL if you wanted.

I am generally against locking of threads but this one should probably be locked because the only people that can give an honest opinion on the game can't post about it.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    @AtomicBetty I agree.
This discussion has been closed.