Fighting Pirates... no Physical damage pet can be used ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,950
edited February 2 in General Discussions

When fighting Pirates, if they get disarmed, they kill right away their attacker.

The question is, does this mean that no pet which does Physical damage and uses wrestling, can be used to fight Pirates because, if the pet gets to disarm a Pirate, then the Pirate kills the pet right away ?

A player's character with wrestling can choose not to disarm, but a pet ? They do what code tells them to do, I imagine...

Or, is there any among the pets which do Physical damage, and has wrestling, which can still fight Pirates because they do not try to disarm them ?

Thanks for the info.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Nothing to do with the damage type does your pet use  wrestling mastery 
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910
    edited February 2
    Do you know how to use general chat in game or do players ignore you there as well?

I vowed never to answer one of your posts again, but I just need to know this before I finally ignore you
  • vortexvortex Posts: 202
    edited February 2
    If you want questions answered why don't you reply when people try and help you. Just like you did on here about sorting though loot..
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    edited February 2
     :D

You have never used a dead pirate to train a pet have you Popps?   Try and come tell us the experience. 

If you did somehow DISARM one, move to another if needed.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Grimbeard said:
    So, a pet disarming happens only if a pet has the wrestling mastery, not if it has the wrestling skill ?

Good to know.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    So, a pet disarming happens only if a pet has the wrestling mastery, not if it has the wrestling skill ?

Good to know.
    OMG You do understand that ALL pets have the Wrestling Skill and you call yourself a Tamer, now that is funny.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 202
    NowLord_Frodo said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:

Good to know.
    OMG You do understand that ALL pets have the Wrestling Skill and you call yourself a Tamer, now that is funny.

Now he knows!
  • vortex said:
    NowLord_Frodo said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:

Good to know.

Now he knows!
    More You Know GIFs  Tenor
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited February 3
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:

Good to know.

Did not use much pets to fight a Pirate... have not fought much Pirates at all, really, since I do not see much use in fighting them other then getting the Ship parts for an Orc Ship and there, one does not want to kill them but only to arrest them... and even then, once one gets all parts for an Orc Ship the need to keep hunting Dread Pirates decreases, I would imagine. For Resources, Merchants' Ships seem to me a better option.

And I read several posts about players having their pet killed right away by the Pirate which does it, is my understanding, when disarmed.

I had not thought that a significant number of tamers might have trained their pet with the Wrestling Mastery so as to get them killed when fighting a Pirate through disarming and so I thought that a pet with the Wrestling skill (which are far more as the pets with a Wrestling Mastery training) could be enough to trigger disarm...

Oh well, now I know that disarming from a pet requires the pet to be trained with the Wrestling Mastery....

By the way, I never trained a Wrestling Mastery on a pet so, never really looked into it.... does the Wrestling Mastery work fine with pets (I imagine it could be helpful in PVP... set a fast pet on a player's character and see it disarmed, is i also useful in PvM ?) or has it been found to have mulfunctions like some other specials with pets have been lamented over the years to have ?

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Thread cleaning undertaken. Since the query has been addressed and a satisfactory answer offered. I'm going to end this one.
This discussion has been closed.