I just fished this up and I have never seen this before

I've never seen a 'rusty' chest with these colors before in all my fishing up MIB days.

- It's not called a strong box
- It looks like a rusty chest, but with a strong box color somehow?
- It had level 1 MIB loot, 10k, 1 stack of 10 regs, a few items and two fishing marties

Now I know we can't dye those rusty chests with the metal dye tub (shame). What is this? A super rare version or a bugged freak of digital nature? Has anyone else fishing up MIBs seen one like this before?

Kind regards,

LeBaiton
Tagged:

Comments

• PupuPupu Posts: 6
    In my experience, get it once in 100-200 times.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    congratulations, yes, that's rare. :D
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    Do you know what the odds are to get a named ancient one ?

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    Wow never seen these before, cool!
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687

they are just as rare as the small grey ships strongbox

these are all the grey chests i have gotten since they did the Treasures of the Seas update (i have gotten only 2 of the strongbox, since the update, and 4 before that)

I'd say probably around 200 fished up on a Legendary fisher
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910
    I am slowly working my way through 500 Ancient SOS to get as much named crap as I can, is there a white strong box I wonder?
    yes there is a white strong box @JackFlashUk ill add pic later
  • TrallicTrallic Posts: 11
    Grabbed this with a dredging hook, had a few stockpiled - never used them before.. is this sort of thing a common problem?

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    Trallic said:
    Grabbed this with a dredging hook, had a few stockpiled - never used them before.. is this sort of thing a common problem?

It is not uncommon for armor to do this. Most are antique.  Players hold them as rares. Getting a barnacle covered armor piece is almost rare on its own. Making a matching suit of the same color is very rare.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910
    just fished up a knocked old rusty ancient chest AND a white strongbox GO ME!
    :)