Jerk unattended Macroing under my house sign HELP!

Like the title says.  As per HRH Mesanna's edict the house owner can be held responsible if someone is unattended macroing/scripting at or in you house!  I'm the house owner on the steps! HELP PLEASE!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    edited January 31
    Page a GM.  They will actually action that if they do not answer,

They are not in your house.  The page will confirm you tried.

They seem close enough to put on your ban list if you are so inclined.

What exactly are they doing?  Standing afk is not against the rules. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • They're casting a spell I see blue-black dots in regular intervals, however the sound and the power words are turned off.
  • Okay after getting on my mage, samurai, spellweaver, and Necromancer.  I can confirm it was a Necro spell - corpse skin. 
    If they are unattended they will get hit.  I have no idea how to turn the spell words off in CC.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,949
    edited January 31
    There is something which I am having a hard time to understand...

Even if a character is found doing unattended macroing/scripting " in " that house, how could the House owner be considered responsible when the character doing it could be a friended or co-owned, separate account doing it, without the House owner knowing it... or, even more, the House could be a Public one where any other account, unless banned from the House, can enter it...

Hence, I would imagine, not necessarily a House owner should be considered responsible no matter what... if another account is doing something not legal for the game rules inside that House...

And I do not understand even more, how a House owner could likewise be held responsible if a character, perhaps not even friended or co-owned to that House, is doing unattended macroing/scripting " at " that house, near it, but not inside.

I mean, players are not logged 24/7 and they might not log in their account for days, weeks.... so, how could they be expected to monitor their house and surroundings for characters eventually doing unattended macroing/scripting " at ", " near " that house or even inside their House ?

Not to mention, how this could open the way to a whole lot of griefing.... imagine a UO player wanting to get another player into trouble, they get an EJ character totally unlinked to their main account, get into a Public House or near a Private House and start macroing unattended non stop to get that House owner into trouble ?

Seriously ?

This is something which I really do not understand and it surprises me a whole lot to read that House owners could be considered responsible for someone else's doing in or near their House simply because they own that house in the game.
  • Ban them if you can, page on them, and worry no more.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    He is NOT under you house sign, he is in front of your house.  Use your post here to prove you do not approve of this and page a GM.  There are people who do this all the time on Baja in front of JINX's house (south side) and JINX has not lost his house.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    People here can't help. A GM can. Page one.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910
    Mariah, patience of a saint

I bet a certain person involved in this topic would demand helps here instead of calling the police if someone was breaking into (her) house
     :D 
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    I'm guessing that this is like the car owner is responsible for traffic tickets. Avoids the whole "but I wasn't the driver officer" argument.
  • OmnicronOmnicron Posts: 20
    edited January 31
    First, Id like to say I wasnt unattended Macroing.

Second. It was the Taming Mastery spell that was still active on my character from the spawn I just recalled in from, sorry I didnt move my character from the safe spot I recalled into. I had to pick my son up from wrestling. Didnt log out because I intended to come back shortly after I picked him up. 

Third, Im not under your sign. You also left out the part where you released animals and had them target me and killed me in "Tram." Nice move. I hadnt thought of it. Lost some decent stuff. My fault. 

I recalled in to the same spot ive had marked since LUNA became a thing. I didnt realize you owned that particular spot. I was doing NOTHING malicious. 

Im not a big fan of Luc and her $103.92 per month of entitlement. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Seems like luring to me
    edited January 31
    Always 2 sides to every story. And it usually ends up as someone harassing an innocent player they think is up to no good. Blue dots at intervals is consume.
    edited January 31
    100% was consume. I was training the Red CU, kid called to pick him up, so I recalled to a safe spot (the first one in my rune book) and went got him.

Now Im a jerk that was macroing in front of her house? Made me laugh. 
    Omnicron said:
    100% was consume. I was training the Red CU, kid called to pick him up, so I recalled to a safe spot (the first one in my rune book) and went got him.

Now Im a jerk that was macroing in front of her house? Made me laugh. 
    I guess this means your account was not actioned.  Thats good. GMs are smarter than players.
    And probably real busy with BS like this.

:) 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
     :# this hole thread ! 
    Nope. I am currently logged on sitting under her sign. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,842
    edited January 31
    Skett said:
     :# this hole thread ! 
    Someone has apparently released some farm animals at that spot named after someone. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

:D 
    Wow, thats rude!
    edited February 1
    Page on her for harassment and luring.  Notice she never put in her complaint (here and stratics) that she lured pets on you.
  • TrallicTrallic Posts: 11
    Mariah said:
    People here can't help. A GM can. Page one.

I think this calls for an actual rules clarification regarding this statement :

As per HRH Mesanna's edict the house owner can be held responsible if someone is unattended macroing/scripting at or in you house!

This is the sort of urban legend/tribal knowledge/arbitrary rules enforcement BS that causes these sorts of tragic incidents to happen in the first place. I hope OP takes ownership of what they did.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Access your journal find where she released pets and she'll catch a ban
    Page on her for harassment and luring.  Notice she never put in her complaint (here and stratics) that she lured pets on you.
    I didnt see her post on stratics. Is in the Uhall? 
    Omnicron said:
    I didnt see her post on stratics. Is in the Uhall? 
    It mysteriously disappeared.
    It was removed from uhall or moved maybe ? 
    edited February 1
    Grimbeard said:
    Access your journal find where she released pets and she'll catch a ban
    Nah. She already used some BS to waste a page lol She just thought she was doing the peoples work!
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,306
    I do that sort of macroing when learning a casting skill.  Can see where having someone macroing in front of my house for several days could be aggravating.  With EC don’t think you can just turn macroing on and off.  You are limited to repeating a macro 10 times.  That looks like a legal spot to me.  Not sure how a player would know it is not.  Anyway, if you have a house, just stand on your roof, that’s what I do.  Game requires players wanting to have a vendor to make their house public so don’t  think having someone the player does not know doing macroing in the house should be an automatic ban.  Think that rule is in place to prevent players that cheat from training let’s say 8 bots at the same time behind closed doors in the same house.  Think using judgement should be a part of ban enforcement for macroing.
    Arnold7 said:
    I do that sort of macroing when learning a casting skill.  Can see where having someone macroing in front of my house for several days could be aggravating.  With EC don’t think you can just turn macroing on and off.  You are limited to repeating a macro 10 times.  That looks like a legal spot to me.  Not sure how a player would know it is not.  Anyway, if you have a house, just stand on your roof, that’s what I do.  Game requires players wanting to have a vendor to make their house public so don’t  think having someone the player does not know doing macroing in the house should be an automatic ban.  Think that rule is in place to prevent players that cheat from training let’s say 8 bots at the same time behind closed doors in the same house.  Think using judgement should be a part of ban enforcement for macroing.
    Ahhh if I had been doing it a couple days (and again it wasnt unattended macroing,) I could understand her frustration. At most it was an hour or two my consume damage spell tickin away. Since its in a high traffic area, I also didnt lose connection.  
This discussion has been closed.