Vendor Sales Cap

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,109
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:
    As another said,  I feel an increase in the cap would immediately make things that were 175M increase to the new cap.

Keep as is is my vote.
    That’s now how it works but ok.
    Tell me that while seeing hundreds of single resources marked at 175M on vendors.  Uh huh.
    People do that so people won't buy the display...
    So you would buy a single blood moss for 10M but not 175M?  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 294
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:
    As another said,  I feel an increase in the cap would immediately make things that were 175M increase to the new cap.

Keep as is is my vote.
    That’s now how it works but ok.
    Tell me that while seeing hundreds of single resources marked at 175M on vendors.  Uh huh.
    People do that so people won't buy the display...
    So you would buy a single blood moss for 10M but not 175M?  
    That’s pretty much the point, no one will…making exaggerations and hypotheticals is a disservice to the discussion.  

hence the gold cap increase will benefit the things that are valued higher than 175m, most of which is probably some vet rewards and event drops.  This will not result in inflation as previously suggested.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Vet rewards are way overpriced so besides EM event prizes, the rest of stuff either gets real with their price, enabling it to go in vendors, or buy another safe for it. Now, leave things as they are, its already messed enough without rising the price cap. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Archangel said:
    Vet rewards are way overpriced so besides EM event prizes, the rest of stuff either gets real with their price, enabling it to go in vendors, or buy another safe for it. Now, leave things as they are, its already messed enough without rising the price cap. 
    Veteran Rewards prices skyrocketed when the decision was made to delete them at IDOCs...

This, unfortunately, reduced significantly their number in the game and, consequentially, their price went up....
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited January 19
    I'm not a fan of auction safes - I have never bought off one, no idea how they work.

I forever see people getting it wrong and losing plats even.

Personally, I would get rid of the vendor sales cap, and for auction safes, have them as a complimentary system - that genuinely acts as an auction style sale.

Again, having the 2 systems - with an arbitrary (and obsolete) 175m cap, is just adding layers of complication. It is not needed.

Archangel said:
    Vet rewards are way overpriced so besides EM event prizes, the rest of stuff either gets real with their price, enabling it to go in vendors, or buy another safe for it. Now, leave things as they are, it’s already messed enough without rising the price cap. 
    I’m not sure which has do with the other, as mentioned prices for vet rewards was a product of supply reduction, due to idoc deletion.

I don’t see much if any issues increasing the cap on vendors, and haven’t seen any arguments why it shouldn’t be really.

I myself would prefer the vendor system over auction safes.  Just look on Atlantic and you can see an example why this would be beneficial.  

We don’t have to remove the cap completely necessarily but definitely increase it.

• creampiecreampie Posts: 82
    Oreogl said:
    Archangel said:
    Vet rewards are way overpriced so besides EM event prizes, the rest of stuff either gets real with their price, enabling it to go in vendors, or buy another safe for it. Now, leave things as they are, it’s already messed enough without rising the price cap. 
    I’m not sure which has do with the other, as mentioned prices for vet rewards was a product of supply reduction, due to idoc deletion.

I don’t see much if any issues increasing the cap on vendors, and haven’t seen any arguments why it shouldn’t be really.

I myself would prefer the vendor system over auction safes.  Just look on Atlantic and you can see an example why this would be beneficial.  

We don’t have to remove the cap completely necessarily but definitely increase it.

because you keep your head in the sand and dont listen to people who say why. 175 mils cap is there to avoid bigger inflation. let say they raise it to 250 mils i can assure you the day after leurocian mempo of fortune in 250 mils on vendor search and the rest of the items at 175 mils. you can use safe already to sell anything over 175 mils for less fee 5% than vendor commission little over 5%. you seem to have a problem with items over 175 mils so use auction safe.

because you keep your head in the sand and dont listen to people who say why. 175 mils cap is there to avoid bigger inflation. let say they raise it to 250 mils i can assure you the day after leurocian mempo of fortune in 250 mils on vendor search and the rest of the items at 175 mils. you can use safe already to sell anything over 175 mils for less fee 5% than vendor commission little over 5%. you seem to have a problem with items over 175 mils so use auction safe.

This argument is null and void though?

Auction safes have already made this happen.
    edited January 20
    creampie said:
    Oreogl said:
    Archangel said:

Well I think I countered this argument before, with that’s not correct.  Increasing the cap will not cause inflation.  Feel free to prove how.

assigning a value does not cause that value to go up.  It causes people not to buy it.  Basic supply and demand dictate this which is why everything isnt priced to 175m now.
    edited January 20
    Cookie said:

It’s a lack of understanding of basic economics.

some of the leurocians in ATL are priced up to 200m on the auction safes.  While the lower is 165-175 on vendors.  By his logic all of these should be valued at 200m because someone simply priced it higher.

It’s ridiculous really.
    Oreogl said:

some of the leurocians in ATL are priced up to 200m on the auction safes.  While the lower is 165-175 on vendors.  By his logic all of these should be valued at 200m because someone simply priced it higher.

It’s ridiculous really.

Yes. I possibly used the wrong word as well.

Inflation is independent of the price cap, because auction safes, have already {allowed} this to happen. It is already happening, there is no price cap technically. And even if there was a price cap, players would be finding a way around it, for supply and demand to operate.

I should have said allowed, not made.

But onto your point, yes, it is about supply and demand economics as well. Many things sell for 10m. Just because the price cap is increased, does not mean they go to 175m+.
    edited January 20
    Cookie said:
    Oreogl said:

It’s ridiculous really.

Yes. I possibly used the wrong word as well.

Inflation is independent of the price cap, because auction safes, have already {allowed} this to happen. It is already happening, there is no price cap technically. And even if there was a price cap, players would be finding a way around it, for supply and demand to operate.

I should have said allowed, not made.

But onto your point, yes, it is about supply and demand economics as well. Many things sell for 10m. Just because the price cap is increased, does not mean they go to 175m+.
    Yep you got it.  In the end this would be a nice to have that makes more sense than not, in  my opinion.

• AlexAlex Posts: 23
    I agree!
    Vendors cap should be raised from 175M to 500M
    and vendor holding gold also should be raised from 2P to like 5p?
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    if vendor cap ever increased, 90percent of items i have priced at 175 would get raised to like 200-250.   Safes are costly, and take up space.  many things end up on a vendor that players would price higher if it was practical to do so.  Just like commission vendors caused inflation, so would increasing vendor cap.  

Smoot said:
    if vendor cap ever increased, 90percent of items i have priced at 175 would get raised to like 200-250.   Safes are costly, and take up space.  many things end up on a vendor that players would price higher if it was practical to do so.  Just like commission vendors caused inflation, so would increasing vendor cap.  

Well, again.  Just because you price them higher neither means they’re worth that nor that people will buy it.

if availability became scarce, sure.  

The only impact commission vendors may have had is a possible decrease in gold sink.  The amount of gold created, replicated etc probably far outweighs this.

I can appreciate the conversation about the possibility though.  Likely? No.  Trying to make a point on an online forum?  Way more likely.

The difference may be less use of auction safes but as limited as auction safes are from what you’re suggesting, also makes sense why we would increase the cap for other items.

If the items you have are worth more than what you’re selling, that’s not inflation.  Especially since you can already sell these items for more using an auction safe.  I doubt you’re voluntarily eating the difference.  But I don’t pretend to know what you do with your items.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Smoot said:

Are you selling out everything that you are placing for 175M
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    edited January 23
    Are you selling out everything that you are placing for 175M

yes.  those items (mostly rares, sometimes jewels or armor) either sell fast for 175m, or sit for a while and eventually sell.  at about the same rate as they would at 200-500.  low 200s items, for me at least, with about 60 auction safes usually end up on vendors because eating the relatively small loss of what it would go for on a safe is worth opening up the slot for higher value item.  im sure im not the only one who makes that decision on a regular basis with items that they like to get a bit more than 175m for, but dont have an unlimited supply of safes, and houses to display safes.  because of the initial cost and storage limitations of safes, i believe many items right around the 175 range would end up for higher on vendors if given the option.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    edited January 23
    @Smoot    B) 
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Probably can't fix the spaghetti code <span>:disappointed:</span>
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.