Forum error, having a hard time logging in and making a post often.

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited November 2023 in Forum Feedback
I get a popup saying this when trying to make a post. Prevents me from making a post. Refreshing the page I get logged out, but trying to log in I don't need to type in login credentials and it logs me back in? Seems like it is not keeping me logged in, probably some sort of odd cookie issue? Very frustrating, no rhyme or reason for it happening.

{ "Code": 403, "Exception": "You don't have permission to do that.", "Class": "Gdn_UserException" }
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    username said:
    I get a popup saying this when trying to make a post. Prevents me from making a post. Refreshing the page I get logged out, but trying to log in I don't need to type in login credentials and it logs me back in? Seems like it is not keeping me logged in, probably some sort of odd cookie issue? Very frustrating, no rhyme or reason for it happening.

{ "Code": 403, "Exception": "You don't have permission to do that.", "Class": "Gdn_UserException" }

This is the same issue many others (including myself) have had since February where the browser/page will not keep you logged in so when you post it thinks you do not have permissions (because you aren't logged in). It's the same thing for me where I click sign in and it bypasses the login credentials after the first time of the day logging in. Anytime you click on a thread or link the new page will show you logged out (ie you will see the sign in button).

Only "fix" I've seen is to keep clicking around on different links/threads and signing in on each page, eventually the log in will stick. Second option is to download and use Firefox browser.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Sorry it took so long to reply i couldn't stay logged in. Has anyone emailed Mesanna?  Or tagged the new community liaison?  @CM_Fenneko?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,311
    Maybe, check your email setup.  I have two iPads.  One has a email account and the other does not..  Both can read the forums but only the one with the email account can log on to the forum to post discussions.  Don’t recall seeing that message though.  Internet search on code 403 might tell you what it refers to.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 174
    This happens to be on my PC. I cannot log into the forums. Across multiple laptops.  Every time it shows logged in then next screen logged out. Then I click log in and it doesn’t ask for password but navigate anywhere and it’s logged out again. 

I can only post from my phone. PC does not work. Period. Needs fixed.  
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Similar to this thread:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/11900/unable-to-stay-logged-in-to-forums

Only my PC has this problem.

I log in and hit F5 to see if it stays.  It takes many retries some times.

But I found that if I just do it a couple of times and leave it "logged in"  for a few minutes without doing anything.  Then press F5 it will log in the next time and stick.  Patience to wait is not one of my strengths.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    This hasn't even been broken two years quit nagging 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Grimbeard said:
    This hasn't even been broken two years quit nagging 
    I agree, my fire tablet using silk has logged into the forums on the first try every time since these forums existed.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.