Anyone else getting issues when trying to log an EJ account ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,950
edited January 15 in General Discussions
My issue is getting way too often stuck at the CONNECTING... screen and nothing happens, it does not matter how much time I wait.

I have to close the Client (CC) and restart it in order to be able to log in with an EJ account.

This does not happen to me with subscribed accounts, only with an EJ account.

And it is frustrating and annoying for me.

I wonder what the issue might be... perhaps it gets stuck checking whether there is more EJ accounts logged with my IP address (which I have not...) ? Don't know....

All I know, is that it really gets annoying if I need to check several different EJ accounts (one at a time, of course).

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    https://uo.com/2023/11/30/publish-116-3-comes-to-tc1/

• Endless Journey one account per IP address restriction – you can read more about this change in our last newsletter.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    I have encountered this as well. It appears to be a method to throttle the quick swapping between EJ accounts on the same one IP.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    https://uo.com/2023/11/30/publish-116-3-comes-to-tc1/

• Endless Journey one account per IP address restriction – you can read more about this change in our last newsletter.
    I know about the restriction, my issue, though, is totally different...

I am not talking about problems in having 2 EJ accounts on 1 IP address but, rather, about swapping between EJ accounts on the same one IP....

When swapping, way too often the Client (Classic Client, not sure about EH) gets "hung up" at CONNECTING... and it stays there... in order to be able to log again with 1 EJ account on 1 IP address, I have to close the Client and restart it anew...

It really gets annoying and a waste of time.

It looks like also other players experience the same problem... @Kyronix , can we please get this fixed ?

Again, I am NOT talking about having multiple EJ accounts on 1 IP address, I am talking about "swapping" between EJ accounts but always having 1 EJ account connected on 1 IP address.

Can we please stop the getting hung up at CONNECTING.... for too long a time ?

Thanks.
    TimSt said:
    I have encountered this as well. It appears to be a method to throttle the quick swapping between EJ accounts on the same one IP.
    I see, thanks for the info... so, it is not a problem only related to me but it also happens to other players...
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Sheer guesswork, but this is how I think it might work.
    1. you launch the game, establishing a connection and logging your ip address with the system
    2. you select your EJ user account and log in to a shard, tying that account to that ip address for the duration of that connection.
    3. if you want to switch to a different EJ account you will need to establish a new connection to the system.

IF I'm right, it's not something that's going to get fixed, it's something you will have to get used to doing, close the client completely to use a different EJ account.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    i been getting the "hung up connecting" as well last few days
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    edited January 16
    Same. It can be the first attempted login of the day. 

If I see connecting for 5 seconds I'll x it out and reload. Not a huge deal. 

There are auto log scripts so this very well may be a cheap shot at tackling those. Tbh EJ should be limited to haven instead of all this.
    Mariah said:
    Sheer guesswork, but this is how I think it might work.
    1. you launch the game, establishing a connection and logging your ip address with the system
    2. you select your EJ user account and log in to a shard, tying that account to that ip address for the duration of that connection.
    3. if you want to switch to a different EJ account you will need to establish a new connection to the system.

IF I'm right, it's not something that's going to get fixed, it's something you will have to get used to doing, close the client completely to use a different EJ account.
    I do not know whether it works as you describe because it has happened to me with the "same" EJ account trying to swap in between the 1st and the 2nd character on that one EJ account...

I log off with the 1st EJ character on that account, try to log back in on that same EJ account but with the 2nd character and I get stuck at CONNECTING... 

Only closing the account for good and restarting it anew allows me to then get in with the 2nd EJ character on that same account (or a different EJ account...).
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Quick swapping paid accounts have a delay in them now so just maybe UO put in even a longer swapping delay for EJ accounts.  THANK YOU UO.
  • Another thing I have noticed. If you happen to be playing when the server restarts and you are online when it does, getting "lost connection" message. you will have to restart the client, even on a paid account. this has happened to me enough now to verify it wasn't a glitch but likely intended. i'll try it on origin in a couple to double check
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo