Has Broadsword decided to let UO Die?

SpyderSpyder Posts: 3
edited December 2023 in General Discussions
I have noticed a significant disconnect regarding Broadsword's support of this game.  There has been no communication/action regarding individuals blatantly going against terms of service.  This upsets the majority of the dedicated player base and causes significant frustration.

On these forums, the action has been to shut down discussion rather than action the concerns discussed here. 

During previous events, the official statement regarding multi-boxing was to page a GM and the GMs would action the complaints.  This lead to a number of accounts being suspended due to violations of the terms of service (And EJ accounts being closed).  During this most recent event, the incidence of multi-boxing was truly rampant.  I, myself, paged many times.  There were no official statements.  I gave up paging, because it was obvious that there was no action being taking. The incidences of rampant cheating multiplied.

The usage of software that is not approved is also rampant.  This is something that all players are also aware of.  Since I have seen many discussions (immediately closed by the moderators), I would also assume that management and support are also aware.  

It appears that management and support have decided to stifle discussion of these issues rather than action any of these concerns. 

I would like to propose that a dialog be opened between the player base and management regarding this and other issues.  I feel that you have a dedicated player base that would like to improve the game and keep it going for another 20+ years, rather than have the game die due to neglect.

I fully expect that the moderators will close this thread almost immediately.

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    Yea I'll guess this will get shut down pretty quick but I agree. The ToT event allowed botters clearly scripting to play as normal. It was VERY obvious yesterday on the last day of the event in Winter Spur on ATL. There were at least 6 or 7 trains of gargs destroying everything in their path chaining AI last night with zero regard for getting caught as they grinded out their last set of drops.

Ultimately they can ban that many accounts because that's probably 60% of their revenue (percentage is a total guess but I'd guess it's over 50% of the subs).
  • How long until the rest of the player base begins reading the writing on the wall and begin shutting down their accounts?
  • I 100% agree with everything you have stated here. The game is run rampant by cheaters, I’ve paged so many times it’s like what’s even the point. On top of it as you have stated the mods are very quick to locks posts even talking about the problem. It’s obvious reporting is doing nothing and ignoring the situation is not helping anything. I never post only browse forums sometimes but I’m to the point enough is enough something’s got to give . 
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited December 2023
    If the treasures of the feudal event was in felucca and the artis were cursed. Do you think there would be bots?

Also, you’re talking about unapproved software, there is nothing on uo.com to say that uoassist is approved, am I cheating?
    how do we know what is approved and what is unapproved?

i asked this yesterday and forum mod deleted so maybe I will get a ban for aking again.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Covfefe said:
    If the treasures of the feudal event was in felucca and the artis were cursed. Do you think there would be bots?

Well bots do champs all the time so yes. I think Mesanna needs to start 
    Banning all 3rd party client users get rid of the cheating and honest players return 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,111
    @Mariah ; @Rorscharch ; why are half the posts on this forum telling players to cheat?  Can we get a forum that does not discuss cheating?

I never see bots or cheating but someone would think players do it on all shards if they read the forums.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited December 2023
    Pawain probably mistakes the bots for real players. You should apply to be a GM.
    Pawain said:

I never see bots or cheating but someone would think players do it on all shards if they read the forums.

That's because you bury your head in the sand to ignore the botting. I can't speak to LS because I don't bother playing there but on ATL if you hung around kappa lake or beetle scape for the event then you wouldn't have seen botters because that wasn't the most effective way (Winter Spur was the spot to go). Had you gone there (ATL), you would have seen tons of bot trains.

I did pop into Origin a handful of times... I saw bots there a couple times but I also went a few times and had the place to myself which was nice.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Pawain said:
    @ Mariah  @ Rorscharch  why are half the posts on this forum telling players to cheat?  Can we get a forum that does not discuss cheating?

I never see bots or cheating but someone would think players do it on all shards if they read the forums

"why are half the posts on this forum telling players to cheat"
    0/10 critical reading/comprehension skills.

"I never see bots or cheating"
    You're the only one buddy.

Now that I think of it, all of your posts are in such bad faith. How have you not seen cheating? I've posted videos several times. Oh right, you're usually one of the first few commenters and troll the post to get it locked.

@Mariah can we get rid of these bad-faith trolls from the forums permanently please?
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited December 2023
    Spyder said:
    OP
    Between all the rampant blatant cheating and the fact the game has been devoid of any meaningful content/updates, as they're working on the new game New Legacy that was announced over 5 years ago (and will flop) the game will slowly die. In the last 3-5 years since they've been doing this NL ToT/Quest/Spawn cycle, my old guild has disbanded due to inactivity and my new guild is on the verge of it. The legitimate players are leaving in droves and it's probably too late so they don't give a shit anymore to do anything about the cheaters. You can confirm this with the GM River interview on reddit.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited December 2023
    Pawain said:
    @ Mariah  @ Rorscharch  why are half the posts on this forum telling players to cheat?  Can we get a forum that does not discuss cheating?

We already have a forum that doesn't discuss cheating...  it's just gotten so bad in-game over the last 10-15 or so years, it's impossible to ignore it anymore.

keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

That's because you bury your head in the sand to ignore the botting.
       Indeed, More than some players, it seems like those with the power to do anything about it do the same thing... maybe that's finally (after 15+ years) changing?

I like the EJ change limited 1 account/shard per IP address, it's a shame it's taken this long for anything to be done about EJ account abuse.     -A step in the right direction for sure.

-Now there's gotta be action against paid accounts engaging in the same behavior.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    CovenantX said:
    Pawain said:

We already have a forum that doesn't discuss cheating...  it's just gotten so bad in-game over the last 10-15 or so years, it's impossible to ignore it anymore.

keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

Indeed, More than some players, it seems like those with the power to do anything about it do the same thing... maybe that's finally (after 15+ years) changing?

I like the EJ change limited 1 account/shard per IP address, it's a shame it's taken this long for anything to be done about EJ account abuse.     -A step in the right direction for sure.

-Now there's gotta be action against paid accounts engaging in the same behavior.

unfortunately never gonna happen at this point,  that would be the end of official UO
    Play on LS if you dont like Bots, all these players can talk:

edited December 2023
    Pawain said:

Still screenshots do very little to prove people "are talking"... that said the champ also isn't active so why would the bots hang out there now? They are smarter than you; they have it timed to get there a minute before it starts...
    edited December 2023
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

Still screenshots do very little to prove people "are talking"... that said the champ also isn't active so why would the bots hang out there now? They are smarter than you; they have it timed to get there a minute before it starts...
    We hang out at the spawn on LS.  The Gargs went to sleep, so they are tired Bots.  No others came in after it began.  I make gates the minute before it begins usually. The spawn started within seconds after that picture. So, if Bots came in, they got no participation drops.  Those were gone in seconds.

Now, I see, every garg is a bot, everyone following someone is a bot.  Yall see them in your dreams also I bet.

Some of us make friends in UO and know the other players.  I see why yall are so angry at everything.  Time to quit and find a game you enjoy.
  • Skett said:
    CovenantX said:
    Pawain said:

keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

unfortunately never gonna happen at this point,  that would be the end of official UO
       You're probably right, but, What's the point in playing UO if that is the case?

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CovenantX said:
    Skett said:
    CovenantX said:
    Pawain said:

keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

You're probably right, but, What's the point in playing UO if that is the case?

thats your choice if you want to leave uo you can go away... bye bye same thread every weeks getting close by the 5-6 same people saying the same bullshit it is getting very old
     <3  Agree.

There are thousands of games on Steam.  Thousands of non steam games. Play something you find fun. 
  • keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

Should never respond to Pawain she just wants to get threads locked just ignore her posts all she wants to do is troll.
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

Should never respond to Pawain she just wants to get threads locked just ignore her posts all she wants to do is troll.
    I agree with the first part especially when you are wrong.  
    edited December 2023
    removed
  • RadstRadst Posts: 96

Posting here (or on Stratics) wont make a difference. 

Use Twitter, tag the CEOs/big guys to get awareness.

Make Broadsword famous.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    I knew this would happen but I had hoped for a more positive experience.