Mage Weapons

If I have 120 in swords and use a Daisho Mage Weapon, will it use my magery?

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    My understanding  is it will use which ever skill is highest.  If it has spell channeling, you will be able to cast spells while you are using it.  I would wonder if it would reduce your magery skill by the skill penalty reduction associated with mage weapons.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    edited December 2023
    I think it does the highest. I had to reactivate to keep my house so I'll test it and let you know in a bit. 
  • XroseXrose Posts: 61
    Thanks. Currently it is something I cannot test myself.
    Tested 100 magery 120 wep skill and a -20 mage wep. Reduced my magery but hit too consistently to be using the 80 magery as the base wep damage. Tested vs Navrey

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    Thanks for testing was wondering about the penalty if weapon skill was higher than magery.  Best choice would be just a weapon with just spell channeling if you wanted to cast spells while using the weapon.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    just wondering did you try using 8th circle mage spells to see if they are casting the same and doing same damage ? @Urge
    No i didn't. I did gm magery so the mage wep would drop it to 80. I figured if i hit a high level mob consistent, then it was being basing off actual wep skill. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    If you a tamer that does the roof a lot, you can add archery and use mage bows when you want to do more than just stand there.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.