Year long investigation, finally posting this publicly: Bots have won the ToTs

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited December 2023 in General Discussions
So this post has been a while coming, since late Deceit...

I have tried 37 times to get myself actioned at the ToTs since they've added the AFK penalty (12 times in Deceit the rest at Zento) by having one or more completely independent accounts (friend/my other account) page on one of my accounts fighting at the ToT. I typically just stand still but other times I try moving around like the crackhead bots. I was never once investigated by a GM but I did get actioned once in deceit: I was standing too still for about 30 minutes and got hit by the penalty in Deceit and when I paged on myself I received an email violation but again WITHOUT ANY GM CONTACT.

Contrast this with the following: 30-1hr before/after I try to get actioned at the ToTs I again have one or more completely independent accounts page on myself doing mundane tasks in the game, ranging from stocking my vendor, mining, marking runes, etc., and EVERY TIME I PAGE ON MYSELF DOING THOSE TASKS a GM will show up in person and open a chat conversation with me where they ask me a question to see if I'm afk. So why aren't they doing this at all at the ToT? If you're hunting at the ToT areas and not under the 'afk penalty' you're immune, lol.

The conclusion: the crackhead bots that are constantly moving, and thus not being hit by the 'afk penalty', have officially won and by my thorough investigation you are welcome to free range AFK the ToTs as long as you don't get hit by the afk timer. If you are hit by the AFK timer GMs can see this and will give you a violation if you are paged on. The afk penalty is now confirmed harming regular players and not hindering bots.

To the regular trolls come in here and will say I'm wrong: BEFORE YOU POST if you don't believe me try it yourself and you'll see the same results. Now you know why the 100's of bots on Atlantic (and other servers) don't get actioned yet the same characters are in the event areas 24/7. GMs legitimately don't care as they aren't even manually investigating these players, CONFIRMED.

ANYONE FOR ACCOUNT BOUND DROPS YET?

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    I post this like everyone doesn't already know but yeah.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Ibtl
  • It's better the bots keep going will be interesting to see the reviews of New Legacy when people realize how rampant cheating is.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    It's better the bots keep going will be interesting to see the reviews of New Legacy when people realize how rampant cheating is.
    Cheaters only cheat if there's money to be made so who's making the money? Who's buying the Cheaters wares? If according to another post Mesanna is able to detect 3rd party clients why are they still going?? How many of the Cheaters are using 3rd party clients? 
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited December 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Cheaters only cheat if there's money to be made so who's making the money? Who's buying the Cheaters wares? If according to another post Mesanna is able to detect 3rd party clients why are they still going?? How many of the Cheaters are using 3rd party clients? 
    The real person/people that are making money are Mesanna and the Devs. My opinion is that I truly don't think Mesanna cares anymore as she's very close to retirement so she's just kicking the can down the road to the next producer. I wouldn't be surprised if she announces retirement as NL comes out, or shortly after when it flops lol. She doesn't want to ruffle any feathers, subs are subs cheater or not, so is leaving it for the next-in-charge. I doubt if the game would even survive such a transition though.

She has 100% said that they can detect the 3rd party clients. I believe it was at a meet and greet years ago. I'm not going to go dig for it but it's a fact she said that. They are the root of the problem. Without going in to specifics, staying within the lines of the TOS here, there's quite a [power] difference between tools that people use to train skills and these clients. The best PVPer stands no chance in a 1v1 vs a noob PVPer with 3rd party client as a crutch. And once these tools go beyond PVP in to the realms of PVM/farming it's become a massive issue for legitimate players. I'll leave it at that.

• I'm not a fan of account-bound drop/rewards.

I'd rather the EJ drops be account bound (like they are) and the items that do not 'bind' to EJ account, shouldn't be available for EJ accounts to purchase from the reward vendor.

The rules need to be enforced for people running scripts through third-party clients/programs regardless if the account(s) are paid for or not.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Thank you for your feedback and observations.