UO 2024 Wish lists

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited December 2023 in General Discussions
I think I've posted this before but here is my simple wish list for UO in 2024 (assume CC for client related):
  • Carp/tink/bowcraft only 100 skillcap so repairing is extremely difficult, fail 3-4 times commonly, compared to blacksmith where you can get 180 skill repair that NEVER fail. A +20/40/60 skill tool for each skill PLEASE!
  • Rental contracts for commission vendors
  • Auction safe show full uncensored name of winner/bidders to the owner of safe
  • VvV items-simple solution make them not usable in tram/no stats
  • Pets path through people/other pets in tram
  • Gold/plat amount in visible on status bar
  • HP bar update: updates every 1% and shows % health either in the bar or overhead of the bar, i.e.: "A monster [55%]" (follows your target in the 'New Targeting System' option if above head)
  • Jewelry box itself item count similar to bod books, not 1:1 (i.e. each piece in the box makes the box itself count as one more item) so you can move and pick up a full one. 125 to 500 jewels in a jewelry box cannot be picked up.
  • Context menu trade only works if chars are on same Z axis, allow any Z axis
  • Fix party bars messing up when member relogs/adds new CC 
  • Transfer timer: lower to 20-22h because sometimes transfers take way too long.
  • Option to turn off animations/spell particles (spells, SUMMON REAPER WHO THOUGHT THAT SPAM WAS A GOOD IDEA, etc.)
  • Filter for ctrl/shift object handles, monsters/objects/etc. Maybe add a macro for different things? Only hostiles, only friendly, only objects on ground, etc.
  • All functionality of UOAssist added to cc/ec (I haven't used UOA in a long time so maybe it's obsolete anyways?)
  • Targeting system better/overhaul
  • 'Toggle Item Insurance' macro for CC
  • Ban 3rd party clients/players that used/abused/benefitted from them
I've been wanting a majority of these things for years. They're really non-controversial and are simple QOL updates to make playing the game easier. I'm not holding my breath, we've gotten ZERO of them and will probably never get them.... UO players wanting minor QOL updates be like:

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited December 2023
    Feel free to post your own wish lists below! 

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Most of this just seems like a waste of development time and doesn't improve the game for anyone? Auction Safes displaying the full name improves your QoL how? Lowering Transfer Time by 2 hours makes what kind of difference? Toggle Item Insurance Macro like what are you even babbling on about.

Please stop requesting to waste Dev time on a bunch of meaningless changes.
    edited December 2023
    Most of this just seems like a waste of development time and doesn't improve the game for anyone? Auction Safes displaying the full name improves your QoL how? Lowering Transfer Time by 2 hours makes what kind of difference? Toggle Item Insurance Macro like what are you even babbling on about.

Please stop requesting to waste Dev time on a bunch of meaningless changes.
    You never repair gear?
    You don't sell items on auction safes or commission vendors?
    You don't use HP bars?
    You don't use parties?
    You don't insure items?
    You don't transfer?
    You're right, no one in the game uses any of these features. Thanks for your wonderful insight A+ buddy

• The things I wish to add is Water Tiles, similar to the grass, snow and sand we already have from a gift in the past.
    All the Trades should have a Bulk Order Deed reward of power scrolls and tool that increase skill when equipped, such as the +60 Ancient Runic Hammer.  Thank you.
  • TimTim Posts: 796

I've been wanting a majority of these things for years. They're really non-controversial and are simple QOL updates to make playing the game easier. I'm not holding my breath, we've gotten ZERO of them and will probably never get them.... UO players wanting minor QOL updates be like:
    Simple ? I take it you'r not a programer?
    I'm not really either but even I can see most are not easy and/or have a high probability of breaking something else.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    edited December 2023
    Updated black market rewards 
    Remove doubloon cap
    Updated fish monger quest rewards 
    New ships 
    Custom sails
    Fishing skill based weapon, harpoon? (2 tile range)
    Sea slayer spellbook/bow
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    ^^^
    pom poms that give 20% more karma and fame :D
    username said:
    • Pets path through people/other pets in tram
    Why? This would give really poor optics with every pet stood on the same single tile and ontop of other players also, would look horrible at events. And good luck trying to grab the healthbar of someone’s damaged pet or trying to target it to heal. 
    A bunch of pets standing around because they are being blocked by 1 player and a wall but are unblocked on all other sides gives what sort of optics?

And yes, as you [didn't] read, my suggestions come with an update to the control-shift object handles and targeting systems.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited December 2023
    1) - To have more UO items be made stackables.... there is still a lot that are not....

2) - Then, to see these "Treasures of" format Events have their Monsters NOT loot players' drops or, at least, only have Paragons be able to loot them since their corpses stay around for longer, the other Monsters' corpses decay way too fast and the player, usually, cannot get in time back to retrieve the drops looted before the Monster's corpse has decayed... it takes time to get drops, when they are looted and decay with the corpse, that time has just been wasted all for nothing...

3) - To have insured items inside one's own backpack to go back to their original container once a player double clicks one's own corpse to retrieve the contents.... I do not mind dieing in UO but I really HATE having to re-arrange time and time again my character's backpack because everything that is insured pops up in the main backpack and does not go back to the container which it was into...

4) - Bulk Order Deeds books be made counting as 1 item when holding 500 BODs, not 100.
    And for good reasons.... the way that BODs have been Designed, banking only gives little points so, it is necessary to use Large BODs in order to get better Rewards. Yet, Large BODs are very scarce and hard to get so, lots and lots and lots of BODs need to be claimed in order to get some Large BODs, and they pile up and need storage space...

5) - Two containers, one for Armor and one for Weapons/Shields whereas they can hold 500 pieces and would count as 1 item towards lockdowns like the jewellery boxes do. And, please, with a sound and good search filter so as to find and retrieve more quickly whatever armor or weapon/shield one is looking for.

There is plenty other things which I would like to see but these, are the most important for me.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    A single double click on a bee hive to get all of the jars of honey in the hive. It is not like you have the chance of getting a special jar of honey is there?  So why double click up to 10 times.  Yes, I use a macro to do it. But not having to use a macro would be nice.
  • OnixiaOnixia Posts: 84
    1. BOD system update.  Large Tailoring Bods are almost non existent. Maybe some new addon rewards for doing them.  
    2. Fishing quest.  My friend and I were doing the endless fishing quests in trying to get a fishing 120 scrolls.   After weeks and weeks neither one of us even got a single Power Scroll.  This should be accumlative.  After so many runs, you get a 105, then 110, then 115 and finally after 100 runs 120 scroll.  This seems completely random.  We both just gave up.
  • My only wish for UO in 2024 is the release of New Legacy.
  • One day doing the event without bots
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    being able to choose which direction to bribe up a bod. if i want an Exceptional piece, let me choose it, rather than the number jumping up or it switching to a higher leather type. 

example: i tried to bribe 10 leather shoes and wanted 10 Exceptional. out of 60-100 bods, none went to exceptional. they all jumped up or switched leather type . 
  • KazKaz Posts: 128
    Single use lore book dye matching the colour of the previous events themes.   The lore books all look the same and quite drab, a visual variation would be amazing. 
  • New skills 
    Dancing 
    Singing
    Maybe they could change up bard gameplay in some way, maybe add a single skill dip into buff/debuff "spells" with a few dances/songs that could be unlocked through quests like the summons in spellweaving.

Could result in some interesting templates for people who aren't interested in the whole "pocket bard" thing.

:D ;) :s
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    The opportunity to take drops from past events..who didn't have time)
    twizag said:
    The opportunity to take drops from past events..who didn't have time)

I see this as a token sold through the UO store or given out as a seasonal gift.
    • Please put Spell Channeling on the Hildebrandt Shield. I haven't waited for 25 years for the shield to fall out of my hands every time I'm recalling. Thank you.
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    Vagabond said:
    • Please put Spell Channeling on the Hildebrandt Shield. I haven't waited for 25 years for the shield to fall out of my hands every time I'm recalling. Thank you.

Can you not use it as a destination object for a shield transmog? and put whatever you want on it.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    Vagabond said:
    It was made as a transmog target. It keeps the graphic and spell It has and takes the properties of whatever shield you transmog it into.  Great item.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

• Filter for ctrl/shift object handles, monsters/objects/etc. Maybe add a macro for different things? Only hostiles, only friendly, only objects on ground, etc.

This would top my list
    Ctrl/Shift in Classic client is, for lack of a better term, broke when a lot of content is on the game play window.  Usually in my case, all of the handles except for the one i'm looking for will pop up lol.

adding alternate options would certainly help
    Ctrl/P = player only handles
    Ctrl/N = NPC only handles
    Ctrl/M = Monster only handles
    Ctrl/G = items on ground handles
    Ctrl/C = Corpse only handles

Scroll Binders should be be able to make 1.0 scrolls of transcendence along with the existing ability to make 2.0 and 5.0 scrolls.  Getting enough small scrolls to make a 2.0 takes time and increases the number of items the server has to keep track off.  Being able to make a 1.0 scroll will reduce the server load.
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited January 3
    10 scrolls what is takes for powerscrolls, its very unlikely you will get 20 x 0.1 in a row.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Covfefe said:
    10 scrolls what is takes for powerscrolls, its very unlikely you will get 20 x 0.1 in a row.
    Well, the Fire painting from the King's Collection pack, only generates scrolls of transcendence that are 0.1 of value, to my knowledge.... 

I also am of the opinion that it would be a good thing to have Scroll Binders being able to make 1.0 scrolls of transcendence in addition to 2.0 and 5.0 scrolls.
  • devettsdevetts Posts: 6
    I just want a feature where I can pay to have my own customized keep in the server.  I feel like there should be enough space these days to do something like that. I'm sorry...I just don't like the custom keeps there are available.  Some are close to what I want...but if I've been playing off and on for over 20 years and worked myself up to a keep (long ago, but still)...shouldn't I be able to customize it the way I want.  I'd even be happy with the exact same thing only 4 levels high at this point.
  • Grimbeard said:
    Updated black market rewards 
    Remove doubloon cap
    Updated fish monger quest rewards 
    New ships 
    Custom sails
    Fishing skill based weapon, harpoon? (2 tile range)
    Sea slayer spellbook/bow
    crabs and lobster, 120 fisher should NOT be catching worthless un-named crabs
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    devetts said:
    I just want a feature where I can pay to have my own customized keep in the server.  I feel like there should be enough space these days to do something like that. I'm sorry...I just don't like the custom keeps there are available.  Some are close to what I want...but if I've been playing off and on for over 20 years and worked myself up to a keep (long ago, but still)...shouldn't I be able to customize it the way I want.  I'd even be happy with the exact same thing only 4 levels high at this point.
    I agree. We should be able to customize keeps and castles. It could even be tied in as a veteran reward option if necessary.