Can we please get Yukio's Glass Earrings again ?

2»

Comments

• MerlinMerlin Posts: 209
    edited November 2023
    Weren't the Yukio's glasses already offered twice in the last two years including the Counterfeit Commodities event that was super easy to get drops?  Are there none reasonably priced available?  We need more unique items, not repeats.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,954
    edited November 2023
    I fail to understand why the Developers should Design content to protect the market value for hoarders of items who, not being re-presented as returning Rewards, would then be able, having hoarded items at previous Events, to gouge the price towards players lacking those items whatever their reasons for not having been able to play during those past Events.

Personally, I think that the Developers should think at players when deciding about Events and their Rewards including about players who might need those items because they missed getting them at past Events.

Furthermore, re-presenting items as Rewards does not conflict with presenting also new items... the Developers can offer as many Rewards as they want, new or returning ones, hence, I do not see, other then protecting the price value in favour of players who hoarded those items at previous Events, any reason for not regularly re-presenting past Reward items at new Events especially for those items which cannot have Powder of Fortification applied to them and, thus, have a problem of getting out of use faster and more frequently.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 202
    popps said:
    I fail to understand why the Developers should Design content to protect the market value for hoarders of items who, not being re-presented as returning Rewards, would then be able, having hoarded items at previous Events, to gouge the price towards players lacking those items whatever their reasons for not having been able to play during those past Events.

Personally, I think that the Developers should think at players when deciding about Events and their Rewards including about players who might need those items because they missed getting them at past Events.

Furthermore, re-presenting items as Rewards does not conflict with presenting also new items... the Developers can offer as many Rewards as they want, new or returning ones, hence, I do not see, other then protecting the price value in favour of players who hoarded those items at previous Events, any reason for not regularly re-presenting past Reward items at new Events especially for those items which cannot have Powder of Fortification applied to them and, thus, have a problem of getting out of use faster and more frequently.

Are you a elf? They have bigger ears and get hit there more often...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    These earrings are not needed to play UO. They are a luxury item that needs to be earned or pay the price.

Many of my guys wear the night sight earrings still.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited November 2023
    Pawain said:
    These earrings are not needed to play UO. They are a luxury item that needs to be earned or pay the price.

Seriously ?

When Luck is told time, and time again to factor in when getting drops or loot quality and what not an earring slot with Luck for a Warrior who is always striving for items with Warriors properties is not needed to play UO ?

Maybe not to play UO, no, but, at least to my opinion, to increase one's own gameplay with better items gained yes, definitely yes, IMHO.... and to me that relates quite a bit with items "needed" to play the game...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    edited November 2023
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Seriously ?

When Luck is told time, and time again to factor in when getting drops or loot quality and what not an earring slot with Luck for a Warrior who is always striving for items with Warriors properties is not needed to play UO ?

Maybe not to play UO, no, but, at least to my opinion, to increase one's own gameplay with better items gained yes, definitely yes, IMHO.... and to me that relates quite a bit with items "needed" to play the game...
    Don't believe everything you read. The players getting 40 plus drops are not using luck, they are killing fast.

You opinions are not based on your own experiences. 

External Luck from the statue does not slow down killing. The Luck on your suit does.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
     :D 
  • once again turned into a debate.

How is this not trolling?
  • popps said:
    Larisa said:
    These are mine that I use between both my tamer and my archer. I haven't had to repair them but 2 times since we've gotten them.

Popps....when they say 10 / 255 or 5 / 255 then you repair...don't repair before then.

They will last you your UO lifetime.

Hmmm.... apparently, then, the durability loss is an issue with Warriors more then "ranged" characters...

Perhaps, @ Kyronix , the Developers migh want to "tone down" the durability loss that items suffer when Warriors fight toe to toe with MoBs ?

Clearly, to me, to have to repair an "earrings slot" item every other day seems excessive....

@ Larisa , I assume that your only 2 points of durability loss (and thus much, MUCH lower frequency of needed repairs) as compared to my roughly 15 points of durability loss might be explained that you stay away from MoBs most of the time while my character has to stand right by them, in order to fight and, often, because of whirlwind, often has to fight multiple MoBs at once thus getting a lot more beating on the worn items...

I think that the Developers should seriously tone down the amount of wear and tear done to items worn by toe-to-toe melee Warriors.... clearly, it currently is way too high, IMHO.
    Again, no it is not a wrrior problem. my character i put a picture of is an "in yer face" axe Sampire. what is the durability of your Yukio's? show us a pic

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    from collecting the wire from bucs i never use untrap or tele on them i just open them so im not sure if its the dart explosion or gas thats wearing them down
    dura.png 205.8K
  • The amount of durability loss for warriors is higher for every item than pretty much any other template, obviously the more attacks coming your way the faster your items degrade, if you're a sampire with Parry/evade your armor/jewelry will degrade slower, but your weapon would break faster because blocked/evaded attacks only have a chance to reduce durability of the weapon since it's the item taking the 'hits'

My sampire doesn't have Parry or Bushido and generally loses about 30 durability or so on armor/jewelry items (not *prized/antique) per solo champ spawn. which is about 15-18 minutes each mostly fire dungeon.

*Prized items seem to lose durability about 10-20% faster than clean/brittle items, I'm not sure if that's intended.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    Seriously pops ypu play catskill there are some on vs cheap and btw you will still have the earring you got in 10 years the event end in a month
    edited November 2023
    Fortis said:
    Seriously pops ypu play catskill there are some on vs cheap and btw you will still have the earring you got in 10 years the event end in a month
    Regardless whether or not my Yukio's Glass earrings will last a short or a long time, the argument about the Developers needing to bring back past Rewards all stays, to my opinion....

There DO are UO players, whatever their reasons, who missed past Events and, thus the rewards offered with them and I think it as the right thing to do to bring back past Rewards, periodically, so as for UO players who missed them in the past, to be able to get them again on their own.

I could not care less about hoarders of items during Events and the various "cornering the market" for this or that item.

I am of the opinion that items should be "moreless" all readily available and players should be able to get them their own without having to go subject to other players' "mood" about the pricing of the items they have because they got them during past Events and they have not been offered again for too long a time.

Sure,  if a player has plenty UO gold and wants a given item right now I do not have a problem with them to go on VS or on Chat and buy it, whatever the price being asked for it might be.

But having items not being offered again and again so that players who got them in the past can profit outrageously from them ?

No thanks.

Hence, I totally think that the Developers should periodically bring back past Reward items with about 6 months or at most 1 year to be the time to lapse before a past item gets offered as Reward again.

And this includes by all means also the Yukio's Glass earrings..... I would say, especially items like the Yukio's Glass earrings which cannot be applied Powder of Fortification to them and, thus, can have a shorter life and need to be replaced.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    edited November 2023
    popps said:
    these can be bought for peanuts in game.  its not the dev's fault you missed the counterfeit ones that were bought for something like 35 points recently
    So in the last what 2 years 2 events have run with these for rewards. How did you. NOT get some?  Actually, don't answer, I don't care to know why you didn't get them. Seems EVERYONE else did

So your option is to but them in game form vendors

To my opinion, Reward items need to be periodically re-presented since it can very well be, that some UO players may miss some Events, whatever their reasons, or just come to the game as new players or returnin UO players after those Events were held thus missing their Reward items.

You are asking for rewards to periodically be re-presented.... your request was literally fulfilled 6 months ago for Yukio's earrings so this seems very strange that this thread is still going because you already got what you asked for. It's like me saying "ah you know what... I need an extra spellbook from the last event; they should re-run that reward now because I need one for my mule".

Life happens and sometimes people can't play so sorry if you were unable to play the entire spring event but that also doesn't mean the earring being "re-presented" didn't happen. Once again you misunderstand that UO isn't your own private game that needs to be tailored to you.

The earrings are available on just about every single shard for cheap. You could easily take 4-5 drops you get from this event and trade/sell them to get Yukio's IF that's what you need. That's quite literally how UO was designed; different professions/templates work in tandem with others to achieve their own needs (ie 1997 Brit Blacksmith had on call smiths to repair armor for a fee ). Again sorry if you do not like this or do not agree but that's doesn't change things.

Why is this thread still open?

With the constant tagging of Kyronix in every post to confirm the most basic stuff, I'm guessing popps also is that guy calling the police (via 911) about some kids walking on his grass. :D
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 911
    edited November 2023
    AS he always does, speaks in the 3rd person when it's only HIM that is inadequate and hides behind the made up masses. 

This is the main problem I for one have with all of his posts.

He does not speak for me or others and I wish he would learn that.

The problem is his, and his alone

Why doesn't he buy them in game

Surely a very player he must have a few quid?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I think this has gone on long enough.
    Basically, if you want items from an event, play the event.
This discussion has been closed.