Effectiveness of Glorious Fortune potion?

I posted this up on Stratics, but wanted to get some input here as well.

I was curious what type of results people are getting with the Potion of Glorious Fortune. I think they're pretty effective and I have generally been using them any time I can dedicate an hour to fighting. A member of my guild has disagreed with me saying they see little to no benefit from the potion.  

I typically see my results double (i.e., 25-30 drops without potion, 50-60 drops with potion). This is using a sampire, that has hit a luck statue (~800 luck), is in constant motion getting kills, in the Ice area to the north, using double Undead slayers.  

Wanted to know what experience others are having with respect to effectiveness of the potion versus not using the potion.    Would appreciate any input!

Comments

• you seem accurate double the ratio per hour easy...but some dont do great like some others so the magic number isn t the same for anyone i got around 30-40 drops more per pots for me
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    They are pay to win 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    edited November 2023

The description from khaldun is probably inline with observations above.

p.s. why so much bold text?
  • creampie said:
    you seem accurate double the ratio per hour easy...but some dont do great like some others so the magic number isn t the same for anyone i got around 30-40 drops more per pots for me
    It has to do with Luck (real life and in-game), the RNG, and how fast you kill. so it will have different results for each user. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I have 30-40 drops so far, highest was 50 but just once. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs