Bank storage for Endless Journey is here [Feedback]

InLorInLor Posts: 393
edited April 2018 in General Discussions
As stated last week we will be publishing Endless Journey limited bank box storage today 4/16/2018 by approx 3 pm ET. All Endless Journey accounts will receive a base amount of 20 items ( bank expansions can increase the max item count to 28). Any account over the max limit will be able to view their full banks but will not be able to remove any items at this time. In the near future we will be adding the ability to remove items from the bank that are over the set max limit. Please check it out and give us your feedback, if all goes well we will be putting this out to Origin tomorrow and WW by Wednesday.
Link: https://uo.com/2018/04/16/endless-journey-bank-storage-update/

Awesome that it's rolled out this fast, but the item limit seems bizarrely low. 50 seems more reasonable..
  1. Is 20 (or 28) enough?21 votes
    1. Yes (Please provide an argument for why it's enough
      52.38%
    2. No (Please add comment what the limit you think should be)
      47.62%
A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

Comments

• PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    I feel like this is one of those things that people are never going to be happy about. 20 is fine.  It is supposed to be a limted version of the game.

I think a player could be very successful with a 20 item bank box.  if I think about the actual number of things I need that I do not carry on my character, it is quite small for non crafter characters.  Except my sampire who has a box of 25 or so weapons.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 393
    You may be right that this may be one of those things a minority will always complain about. Though I still feel the announced limit is a tad one the unusably low side. Even 50 will fill up in no time.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    InLor said:
    You may be right that this may be one of those things a minority will always complain about. Though I still feel the announced limit is a tad one the unusably low side. Even 50 will fill up in no time.
    Yea its low, after gathering reagents and if also a crafter then 20 items fills up fast.  50 Would be better but I wouldnt go higher then that.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited April 2018
    20 is enough for a darn FREE account. Do one want more? Simple solution: subscribe.
  • MeggieMeggie Posts: 20
    edited April 2018
    Hello,
    What do I put in my bank box (the rest being stored in house) ?:smile:
    - bandages
    - recall scrolls
    - bag of sending
    - 2/3 pet balls
    - powder of translocation
    - zoogi fungi :D 
    - a change for some arms & some armour
    - vegetables
    - meat
    - arrows
    That's about all as far as I'm concerned so yes it's enough imo, at least it can do.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    Depending on character class, but I agree 20 is enough to start off with. If they want more, they can pay for it but to just play for free it's acceptable.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Thanks @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix

Glad you could get the EJ bank going.  Please do not ever put that Jewelry box grid system on subscribers banks.  If you have to, put it on EC.  >:)

Are you going to work on the vault now?  Personally they have enough, if they want more they can subscribe and join us.

EJ has brought many very old returning players to LS.  And some EJ accounts from new players.

Well Done!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Thanks @ Mesanna @ Bleak @ Kyronix

Glad you could get the EJ bank going.  Please do not ever put that Jewelry box grid system on subscribers banks.  If you have to, put it on EC.  >:)

Are you going to work on the vault now?  Personally they have enough, if they want more they can subscribe and join us.

EJ has brought many very old returning players to LS.  And some EJ accounts from new players.

Well Done!
    I suspect the jewelry box graphic is the vault. I think they just moved it to the bank.

In another thread I suggested instanced rentals at the vault building. That could add a bit of storage. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    InLor said:
    Pawain said:
    Thanks @ Mesanna @ Bleak @ Kyronix

Well Done!
    I suspect the jewelry box graphic is the vault. I think they just moved it to the bank.

In another thread I suggested instanced rentals at the vault building. That could add a bit of storage. 
    They made it like that so they could not stack items.  Each item or stack you put in has a single square.

This way scriptors can not put 60000 of many things. And the bank has a weight limit.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Yeah and it may be the original vault design.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    20 is too low imo, 40 is more reasonable and you should be able to buy more with Gold not sovs, since it would make a good gold sink and that's pretty much what every other MMO does.  Each new row would increase in cost.  I saw another post like this in Stratics and they suggest 500 Sovs for 5, that's insane since $13 you can pay for a month subscription.  If they decide to use Sovs to increase it, then it should be 100 Sovs for 40 more, but doubt they would ever be that cheap.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    edited April 2018

20 seems reasonable for me. I felt with no storage, returning pvpers would drift away again with no storage to keep supplies. *EDIT* Noticed the weight limit is WAY too low. That's equal to around 15 of each potion and a couple apples and completely unacceptable for todays pvper.

Suggestions to either or:

1) majorly increase bank weight or

2) allow NPCs to sell all greater potions, enchanted apples ect AND/OR

3) decrease weight of consumable pvp supplies

$$ If they REALLY want to make money they could add in account upgrades for max bank, extra character slots and perhaps a 7x7 while still remaining on the freebie. $$ 

• DavoDavo Posts: 46

I know of people that want bank storage so they can close some accounts and/or make free. I'm worried about a lot of revenue loss. most these free/EJ accounts will be used by existing/returning players, not new players. people see a way to view/have accessing to closed accounts with stored items, have endless storage by opening 10/20 or more accounts. no need for all those storage houses. I wont go into everything, I'm just worried.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    NO to full bank storage and a BIG NO to any kind of house, you want them then sub.
    Bank storage needs to be limited so people do sub, but it could be a bit more than what it is. Housing should for subs only. UO has non-instanced housing as we all know... we'd also have free accounts competing for housing space with subscribers... just no.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    I don't see the point to buy only eight extra slots. Why not start with 20 and allow +5 up to 125 items? That would be 25 extra payments, but let's stop at 28 slots LOL. Like the don't want any money. BS is outstanding at not getting it :D
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    edited April 2018
    JollyJade said:
    I don't see the point to buy only eight extra slots. Why not start with 20 and allow +5 up to 125 items? That would be 25 extra payments, but let's stop at 28 slots LOL. Like the don't want any money. BS is outstanding at not getting it :D
    Because... the same BORING old story: EJ with full Bank access ---> lifelong freeloaders.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    JollyJade said:
    Unless I'm mistaken the 28 slots would be the result of a vet account having already had applied to it High Seas booster and the Origin store increased storage token (or 7th slot & increased storage)

My own account which has High seas shows 24 slots when I take a character through the EJ gate on test center
    edited April 2018
    Ivenor said:
    JollyJade said:
    Because... the same BORING old story: EJ with full Bank access ---> lifelong freeloaders.
    The idea is to get more money out of 25 storage upgrades than from an subscription.

If the average EJ players stays for 6 months, what would make you more revenue: 25 x $10 storage upgrades + other potential items bought from store or a 6 x $15 subscription?

I don't know why people have such a hard time here understanding how FTP can generate more revenue in a shorter time frame.

Is your assumption really that the average player sticks to this game 10+ years??? Did you even play any FTP games at all in the last 5 years? 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    I created a new character on a NEW EJ account I just created a few weeks ago and it DOES start with just 20 for NEW accounts.

So Petra is correct

JollyJade said:
    Ivenor said:
    JollyJade said:
    The idea is to get more money out of 25 storage upgrades than from an subscription.

If the average EJ players stays for 6 months, what would make you more revenue: 25 x $10 storage upgrades + other potential items bought from store or a 6 x $15 subscription?

I don't know why people have such a hard time here understanding how FTP can generate more revenue in a shorter time frame.

Is your assumption really that the average player sticks to this game 10+ years??? Did you even play any FTP games at all in the last 5 years? 
    Ultima has non-instanced housing, which is one important difference. Maybe not just super old players end up placing houses and subscribing long-term. I am aware of the factors you mention, but I'd be careful selling subscription features in parts in the store. I'd let them upgrade the bank some. Give them rentals like I suggested here, but ultimately still entice them to sub.

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,733
    Funny but my EJ account cannot open the bank box??!  I see the menu when I say bank or click on the banker to open box, but no bank box
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • CyrusCyrus Posts: 49
    Hasn't hit Sonoma yet.

"if all goes well we will be putting this out to Origin tomorrow(that is today) and WW by Wednesday."
    edited April 2018
    JollyJade said:
    Ivenor said:
    JollyJade said:

UO is NOT "any (...) game". It's a SANDBOX game, and, IMO, its only chance to stay open for many others years (as we all hope!) is to base its revenue mainly on the FIXED INCOME that derive from subs, plus the added value that derive fron "occasional revenues", as expansion sets (HS, GTP, RTP, etc.) and from the Online Store items sales.
    UO is NOT concieved for "casual" play as many others MMORPG around, so, again IMO obviously, any form of FTP has to be thinked MAINLY as a gateway to subscription (and as a TOTAL BLOCK against serial freeloaders).
    I.
    Cyrus said:
    Hasn't hit Sonoma yet.

"if all goes well we will be putting this out to Origin tomorrow(that is today) and WW by Wednesday."
    thanks
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • I paid to see inside my bank boxes on one account yesterday before I saw this news because it was showing 130+ million gold. In my case the inability to see what was in the bank boxes is what convinced me to press the buy button. I couldn't see my bank boxes at all without a sub.

All I found was AOS rewards, valentines, gift boxes, 9th Anniversary stuff, etc.. But, I digress. If I had access to view my bank I still would have subbed.

If I had limited access to 20-28 items it would have taken a bit longer but I still would have subbed - which is the point. Until you play the game for a little while you do not need that much storage. Clearly 20-28 items is not enough to play the game long-term. It is however more than enough to hook a player for a few hours or days and encourage subscription.

edited April 2018
    Ivenor said:
    JollyJade said:
    Ivenor said:
    JollyJade said:

UO is NOT "any (...) game". It's a SANDBOX game, and, IMO, its only chance to stay open for many others years (as we all hope!) is to base its revenue mainly on the FIXED INCOME that derive from subs, plus the added value that derive fron "occasional revenues", as expansion sets (HS, GTP, RTP, etc.) and from the Online Store items sales.
    UO is NOT concieved for "casual" play as many others MMORPG around, so, again IMO obviously, any form of FTP has to be thinked MAINLY as a gateway to subscription (and as a TOTAL BLOCK against serial freeloaders).
    I.
    I take that as a "no" to my question. You should try other games sometimes to get an idea how a good FTP implementation looks like. Never ever have I experienced such an "we don't want you" feeling as with this EJ stuff here.
    JollyJade said:
    Ivenor said:
    JollyJade said:
    Ivenor said:
    JollyJade said:

I.
    I take that as a "no" to my question. You should try other games sometimes to get an idea how a good FTP implementation looks like. Never ever have I experienced such an "we don't want you" feeling as with this EJ stuff here.
    JJ, JJ... one sonetimes really wonder why you still pay&play UO, if it is so plentiful of other so much better FTP games around... ;)
  • ThalonThalon Posts: 61
    JollyJade said:
    Ivenor said:
    JollyJade said:

I.
    Well since Jade brought up the subject on what other games offer Free to Play (F2P not FTP). I am not willing to research, but just off the top of my head....

1) World of Warcraft - ?? characters, content to level -20, tiny vault space, limited currency ??

2) Lord of the Rings Online - 2 characters, content to level -30, 20 vault slots, limited currency 2 gold

3) DC Universe Online - 2 characters, content to level 30, -20 vault space, 1,500 currency limit

Ultima Online - 2 characters, majority of content, 20 vault space, unlimited currency

Seems like UO is as good or better than the competition. Anyone who knows what StarTrek, Star Wars Old Republic or any othe F2P offer feel free to add ( or correct me).
    Thalon, Merchant Sailor of Pacific for fine Tools, Clothing, and Potions!
    Blacksmithing, Carpentry and Inscription services offered through afilliated subcontractors.
    Exotic beasts available with proper authorization from the Crown.