• 5 Mark of the destroyer belts
  • 1 Archfiend head
  • 50 blood of the dark father
Outputs a belt with these properties:

"balron slayer"
+25LRC
+5 SDI
+10 DI
Holds shuriken (so compatible w/ninja belt).

Can be equipped by all races.

New Spellbook, takes as input:

• 5 Mark of the destroyer belts
  • 1 archfiend head
  • 30 dark sapphire
Outputs a spellbook with these properties:

"balron slayer"
10DCI
SDI30
FCR2
LMC5

For later this holiday :)

???

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2021
    The developers need to accept that the child has grown up and needs more power creep... lol Then we can have more new arties that break the current character barrier.

I can imagine every time they add a new arties, they have to bring up the entire portfolio of weapons and gears to work out the new max. So as to make sure our characters don't get "overpowered" and defeat the 100,000 HP boss with another 10 extra HP or Mana. :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    If they would "officially" announce caps it'd be nice...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 795
    edited November 2021
    There can be two branches in the road, both running at the same time:
    1. New Legacy shard, where power creep is reversed.
    2. Production shards, where creep continues over time.
    The player can choose which to play.  Humans evolve over time, so there is natural creep anyway...

BTW, this one item spotted being used by one of the UO staff, so hard to say what the real stance is on caps/etc?  :)

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2021
    There can be two branches in the road, both running at the same time:
    1. New Legacy shard, where power creep is reversed.
    2. Production shards, where creep continues over time.
    The player can choose which to play.  Humans evolve over time, so there is natural creep anyway...

BTW, this one item spotted being used by one of the UO staff, so hard to say what the real stance is on caps/etc?  :)

The Dev's are the Makers and Creators so they can have an all-in-one one-hit-kill slayer with 100,000 damage per hit... but it will never be in the game  :D

I am not against Legacy shard but I have to admit the reason I will play NLS is when they have rewards "worthy" enough to bring over to Production shard. Gameplay-wise, there are plenty of legacy games out there such as Wizardry and the old Ultima series. 

Back to the original topic, I like the idea of combining items to make new useful arties but I don't think it is as easy as "yes, let's do it".

Currently, the game have maybe 95% useless junks and so many decors each that I gave up collecting... and yet we are so limited (not zero) options for our gears and character development that makes the game fun. The fun part is less than pareto's law of 80-20, maybe 95 - 5%.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs