We have had several emails asking if the Wildfire cloth is legal, YES it is.

2»

Comments

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Pawain said:
    So 90% of the EM drops are not earned but given to friends.  That same Mongbat whispered JFK Jr is still alive to me.
     Elvis was telling me that Jr was last seen on the mothership headed for Atlantis.

Tin Foil Hat Area? T-hat's (  :D  ) an opinion, respectable as any other one...  B)

Returning on the WF colored Cloth, the point IMO remains that:

1. it is Legit, and so anyone should be able to produce it for him/herself (my preferred choice let's this be clear, and non only for WF, but for ANY other Event specific special Hue: of the Three, etc., particularly considering that it is already possible to produce "of the Kotl" & "of Ice" hued items );

or

2. it is not Legit, and so it should not exist at all.
  • Ivenor said:
    Pawain said:
    So 90% of the EM drops are not earned but given to friends.  That same Mongbat whispered JFK Jr is still alive to me.
     Elvis was telling me that Jr was last seen on the mothership headed for Atlantis.

Tin Foil Hat Area? T-hat's (  :D  ) an opinion, respectable as any other one...  B)

1. it is Legit, and so anyone should be able to produce it for him/herself (my preferred choice let's this be clear, and non only for WF, but for ANY other Event specific special Hue: of the Three, etc., particularly considering that it is already possible to produce "of the Kotl" & "of Ice" hued items );

or

Or we quit dealing in absolutes and realize there is a third option that the Devs went for

3) We admit there was a problem and fix the items creating it. We leave the cloth in game creating a new collectible rare item to give people something to strive for.

That being said, I would love to own an item made from it, but Likely never will.  I do not begrudge the people that figured this out because at some point the rest of us may figure something like this out and benefit from it. Will we be yelling just as loud then to fix it I wonder?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited November 2021
    Ivenor said:
    Pawain said:

or

Or we quit dealing in absolutes and realize there is a third option that the Devs went for

3) We admit there was a problem and fix the items creating it. We leave the cloth in game creating a new collectible rare item to give people something to strive for.

That being said, I would love to own an item made from it, but Likely never will.  I do not begrudge the people that figured this out because at some point the rest of us may figure something like this out and benefit from it. Will we be yelling just as loud then to fix it I wonder?
    Let's be clear: as I already wrote, to the "discovers" go all my kudos, but I totally disagree on the solution adopted by the Devs, and I DON'T want the WF Cloth cancelled: au contraire, I wish that it were always possible, and for ALL the Events drops, to be "cutable"... :)
  • And I support your right to disagree with them, I personally disagree with you. The Devs made a choice and I support said choice. 

edited November 2021
    And I support your right to disagree with them, I personally disagree with you. The Devs made a choice and I support said choice. 
    And I support your right to disagree with me when I disagree with them, I personally disagree with you, and so on... :) ;)  

You see, the game is FULL of this kind of, clearly IMO, illogical decisions. One for all: WHY THE HECK it isn't possible anymore to create leather-colored Bone armor sets? Note that the Gump STILL says that a Bone armor piece will retain the color of the Leather used to make it!

This stuff is SO illogical that Mr. Spock would have a nervous breakdown... :# :D
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    edited November 2021
    Victim_Of_Siege said:

This.

I don't have any of the cloth and I don't think there is a need to remove or give everyone the ability to have wildfire cloth. Whoever has it good for them that they figured out how to obtain it (assuming it was done legally) and to the victor goes the spoils.

That's the problem with UO these days; people want everything available to everyone which basically waters the game down so that it takes any/all skill out of playing. People say "I didn't know how to get the cloth before the fix so they should make a dye tub because I want it (without paying loads for it)" and those are likely the same people saying "Paragon balrons are too hard and shouldn't spawn". I'm willing to bet those same people also would rather just have a clicky for drops and you get as many as you want. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,830
    edited November 2021
    Ivenor said:
    And I support your right to disagree with them, I personally disagree with you. The Devs made a choice and I support said choice. 
    And I support your right to disagree with me when I disagree with them, I personally disagree with you, and so on... :) ;)  

You see, the game is FULL of this kind of, clearly IMO, illogical decisions. One for all: WHY THE HECK it isn't possible anymore to create leather-colored Bone armor sets? Note that the Gump STILL says that a Bone armor piece will retain the color of the Leather used to make it!

This stuff is SO illogical that Mr. Spock would have a nervous breakdown... :# :D
    I agree, getting upset at the devs for making the decision they made is illogical. I see no intent of malice of nefariousness here, just an informed decision that upset the least amount of folks possible. In the end that’s  all you can do in Life, business or leadership, make the decision that upsets the least amount of people and move on. 

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    It's cloth! It gives no one any tactical advantage over anyone else. I would venture to suggest that would be a far more important criteria for the devs.
    And now I think it's time to end this conspiracy theorist circus.
This discussion has been closed.