Placing Mouse Hole question

I am trying to place a mouse hole facing East nest to a wall but it keeps placing it on the far end of the tile and not on the wall. is there a trick to make it go against a wall?
ICQ 568300481

Comments

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Mouse holes haven't worked properly in several years. They can't be placed against any wall that I'm aware of.

I made a post in the Bugs forum several weeks ago about it.
  • RubyKnightRubyKnight Posts: 192
    Okay, Thanks

ICQ 568300481
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    Still seems to be broken.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    since day 1 they've had issues with the mouse holes
    I have 4 it would be nice if we could use them
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Trolling has been removed.
  • DryzzidDryzzid Posts: 80
    edited January 13
    Place a goza and raise it up, then place the mouse hole on it. Might take an attempt or two to get the Z right. You will not be able to occupy the space afterward.

Edit: Ack, that's not right. There is a way to do it. I'll figure it out again.
    Mayor of North Harbor Township, Atlantic Shard
    74503058 | Dryzzid#5091
    edited January 13
    There we go. I knew I had figured it out before. You need to use 2 gozas side by side (pic 1), lift both gozas 11 spaces (pic 2), place the mouse hole on the left goza (blue one in the pic), then axe the gozas (pic 3). Like so:

Works for the north wall too, just need to make the gozas N/S instead of E/W
    74503058 | Dryzzid#5091
    Oh and one tile south of the mousehole will be impassable.

74503058 | Dryzzid#5091
    originally you could drop down to lower level or up 1 level right  ?
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    And you could go through the wall. You still get the message that the hole is occupied, which I think is super cute! But because you have to raise it up to have it appear that it's correctly placed you can't even do that.

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460

I put it on a pedestal  (craftable rough block), near a throne, remembering Sherry is a good friend of the ruler.
     I just put both of them in a pouch and axe the pouch and they'll came correctly set, and no adjacent square is blocked.
     Still can't go in either as rat or rabbit... some squeaky thing already occupies it and shoves one away when you stand in front of it.  :D    Cute

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Sorry, I did it quite a while back , and the method I said was of course wrong, (I've been axing too many pouches lately and forgot mousehole comes as a deed, lol) Anyway, just re-deeded it  and could not simply place it back on the block . I just raised the block 5 or 6 clicks and then the mousehole allowed itself to be placed,,, just lower block after that and that was that.
    :)