Cannot enhance legendary mapmakers glasses

ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 795
Tried using the forged metal tool to add +40 luck to mapmaker glasses, neither tinkering or blacksmithy works.

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    You can imbue them if I remember right. 
  • The (possible) bug is specific to enhancing.
    Better to have 140 luck total vs. 100 luck.
    Piece is already imbued with 100 luck.

My guess is the +X cartography bonus is being treated like a material bonus (bane, spined, golden, etc), so prevent enhance.  Rather than a property bonus (like caddelite), which allows enhance (on top of imbue).
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2021

I don’t see why an item being imbuable would mean it should necessarily be enhanceable 

I would say they fall under the umbrella of jewellery since they repair with tinkering, (although you can apply PoF to these) you cannot enhance jewels.

see similar rule for gargish necklaces/earrings  tinkering, PoFable, imbuable, cannot be enhanced.
    https://www.uoguide.com/Gargish_Necklace

the glasses are not crafted from a base material, they spawn in a chest.

I would say the devs can very reasonably argue this as working as intended, and since this is the simplest solution that requires no action, that will be the default stance

(apologies for any disappointment)

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Blacksmith Gloves of Mining can be enhanced, so it may well be a problem with the tinkering nature of the glasses.