Potion of Glorious Fortune Gone from UO Store?

2»

Comments

• WracWrac Posts: 32
    Remove shard bound entirely, make shard transfers cheap and easy for everyone($2 store token, or obtainable in game, free 1x monthly per paid accredited, etc).  My guess is a cheap store token generates more revenue than the current system, so bonus for Broadsword.
    Make vendor search default across all shards so one menu sees everything for sale on all shards.  Eventually the game becomes homogenized and everyone has relatively equal access to goods and resources. Separate shards mainly exist as housing land masses.
    I’d prefer the shards had been kept entirely separate, but that ship is long sailed.  Might as well embrace it fully.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    popps said:
    Larisa said:
    Norry said:
    @ Danpal bad idea at this point. Small shards will become deader because more people will flee to ATL.
    Never, Siege and Origin will always be the home of the Vic Clan.  even if i am the only one left on Origin (although I Know @ Tyrath wont, and suspect @ Larisa wouldn't leave either)
    I will NEVER go to Atlantic. I like to *window shop* but very rarely buy anything there unless I happen to get very lucky and find something I want for a decently low price.

I am slowly working on bringing my vendors up. I always have furniture, runebooks, BOD books misc. Needful things like Bone Machete, fort powder, +5 mining gloves...for the TRUE new player....working on mark/gate/recall scrolls and city/dungeon runebooks because all I have now are empties.

Problem is people don't START on a low pop shard. They ask *Where should I start?* and 99% of the time the answer is Atlantic.
    I am slowly working on bringing my vendors up. I always have furniture, runebooks, BOD books misc. Needful things like Bone Machete, fort powder, +5 mining gloves...for the TRUE new player....working on mark/gate/recall scrolls and city/dungeon runebooks because all I have now are empties.

That's a very commendable effort, too bad that, being all these items not "Shard Bound", if one prices them too low, chances are that some "buy low-sell high" player might buy them to then resell them higher on Atlantic for a profit..... and in doing so, they deprive low population Shards of many items, reasonably priced, to be found on Vendors....

See why Shard Bound is a great thing for low population Shards ? It avoids the "buy low - sell high" thing from a low Population Shard to Atlantic, to be possible in the first place.....

Buy low sell high?
    1) Currently Atlantic is selling full spellbooks at 10,000 GP. I was selling mine on my 95% ghost shard for at least 60,000 to 80,000 with + specs.

So you see, Atlantic has ALOT of spellbooks and competition presses the price down.

On my shard, the stocks are low and at one point in time, I even sold mastery books for 250,000 which was meant for display.

2) Which one is worst:
    Case 1: Someone buys low and sells high but the stock can still be purchased and brought back home.
    Case 2: No more available stocks in the shard and they cannot be imported.

Since it is shard bound, after the stocks run out on your ghost shard... sorry pal, you cannot import them into your shard even if you are a Platinum-aire.

4) One of the complaints is people grind on their low pop shard and sell on Atlantic. So people on the low pop shard cannot buy. That is not true, we have players who helped to ship items from Atlantic to any shard. Some people like me do that for free for my group of friends. Typically I do a milk run for everybody in my group once a month.

Most of us sell non-shard bound items on our own shard but priced based on Atlantic price. It makes no difference.

5) What is wrong with shipping items to sell at Atlantic? When there are more sellers on one central shard, more stocks mean more competition and prices will be pressed down.

---
    Just feedback to the OP topic:
    since the thread is locked but I have constructive feedback based on what just happened:
    • I was at Atlantic and died to a Paragon Balron at level 1.
    • I logged off on the spot to save the pet, logged in as a ghost, and ran to the dungeon entrance to get rezzed.
    • I gear up, log off and on again to get my mount, ran back in and the Balron is dead.
    • I clicked on the corpse and was able to loot from it.
    • So maybe the others are right, you could have clicked on the wrong corpse.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited November 2021
    Wrac said:
    Remove shard bound entirely, make shard transfers cheap and easy for everyone($2 store token, or obtainable in game, free 1x monthly per paid accredited, etc).  My guess is a cheap store token generates more revenue than the current system, so bonus for Broadsword.
    Make vendor search default across all shards so one menu sees everything for sale on all shards.  Eventually the game becomes homogenized and everyone has relatively equal access to goods and resources. Separate shards mainly exist as housing land masses.
    I’d prefer the shards had been kept entirely separate, but that ship is long sailed.  Might as well embrace it fully.
    Agreed, opening up is always better. It probably saved the game and let it run longer than 20 over years.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Again I could point out we have a few completely shard locked shards oddly enough the economy is best one one. why do we ignore this long term example when discussing shard bound???
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited November 2021
    People keep thinking of Atlantic.

Once I was searching for a specific slayer spellbooks, and I actually logged into almost ALL the shards to find them. Recently I was also searching for the gargoyle armor from Abyss Dungeon, and its not on sale anywhere. Mask of Travesty - Magery - is also becoming a rare item and not found on Atlantic.

Shard bound is the... Smack my head - Problem.

Has anyone tried to look for Minax sandals with specific resist. Yeah, I did shard hop to find them.

All these regular ingame items and non-shard bound and they are already low in stock - World Wide.
    McDougle said:
    Again I could point out we have a few completely shard locked shards oddly enough the economy is best one one. why do we ignore this long term example when discussing shard bound???
    Please go ahead point out and list the details of benefits.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:
    Stable healthy economy??
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:
    Stable healthy economy??
     :D Ok thanks, it’s was very informative and I am convinced.
    So many of us wrote so much and all you guys have are healthy, good, buy Low sell high… Alright I a, convinced Shard Bound is working as intended. 
    edited November 2021
    And of all people u are asking Broadsword to sell the rewards on uo store because you don’t want to grind. I thought your shard’s healthy economy is booming with dungeon rewards, since they are locked down in your shard.