"It begins to snow" Icy Wind Sound Effect

PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 523
edited November 2021 in General Discussions
Anyone else notice that when you get the system message "It begins to snow", it's now accompanied by an icy wind (like a blizzard) sound effect in CC? Nice touch. I wish the "weather" in UO had more of an effect. Currently, when you get the message "A fierce storm approaches", it's pretty lame. Just some tiny, barely noticeable rain drops, with no real sound or effect.

At some point, didn't they say New Legacy would be introducing weather/season systems, with actual effects? Like in the cold, you'd have to dress warm to avoid debuffs? Would give more use to Fur Clothing and White Dragon Plate. I don't expect them to go as hardcore with the weather/temperature effects as say, Ark: Survival Evolved did (the weather/temperature could be brutal in that game), but still would be nice to have some reason to change outfits depending on the environment. Wouldn't mind seeing them add an actual reason to eat food in New Legacy, even just regular good ol' Fish Steaks.

I get the notion that the most popular and successful concepts that they try out on New Legacy, will make their way to Classic shards as well.

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I’d love to see sand storms and lightning effects. I like the rain one. 
  • Ambient sound is one of my favorite things about the UO world. It's so good.