Gargish Octopus Necklace Reforge Bug

MrNiceMrNice Posts: 29
When I want to reforge the Star Sapphire Gargish Octopus Necklace, it says I can't reforge it. Why ?

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-105-forgotten-treasures/

The Gargish Octopus necklace can now be reforged via blacksmithy and repaired via tinkering

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Is your necklace crafted with special material (valorite etc) if so this cannot be reforged, try reforging one crafted with plain iron”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    Yoshi said:
    “Is your necklace crafted with special material (valorite etc) if so this cannot be reforged, try reforging one crafted with plain iron”
    I think they are looted items from the sea.

But ya necklace made from anything but iron can't be reforged.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    I think they are looted items from the sea. If not I need to toss my collection.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    I think they are looted items from the sea. If not I need to toss my collection.

They are treasure map loot, hence human ones come from Tram/Fel/Malas/Tokuno/Ilshenar maps and gargoyle ones from Ter Mur maps
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I think the op understands where they are from and was referencing the patch notes saying the can be reforged..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    "confirmed, just tried reforging 4 different jewel types of octopus necklace, could not reforge any"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    It's the gem.  Also can not imbue jewels that have a gem.  Would be nice if fixing the necklace allowed imbuing of a gemmed ring or bracelet.
    "i've been looking but cannot find, it's possible to get octopus necklace without gem?"
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I can't believe our developers would say it was possible if it wasn't so 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MrNiceMrNice Posts: 29
    Yoshi said:
    "i've been looking but cannot find, it's possible to get octopus necklace without gem?"
    I think there is a version without gems, can the staff clarify this issue? @Kyronix