Is this considered a scam/phishing?

2»

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Yes there are people that do the pricing of the same thing by slipping in an extra Zero but guess what it is LEGAL and it falls to the buyer to look before buying.  A seller can do what ever he/she wants to the price of their items.  Quit whining because you are to lazy to pay attention.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    The price can clearly be seen in the picture, including commas. Whether the discrepency is intended or accidental any buyer can clearly see the price on the vendor.

Hint: When pricing multiple items it is possible to use ctrl+c and ctrl+v in both clients to ensure consistency.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    Mariah said:
    The price can clearly be seen in the picture, including commas. Whether the discrepency is intended or accidental any buyer can clearly see the price on the vendor.

Hint: When pricing multiple items it is possible to use ctrl+c and ctrl+v in both clients to ensure consistency.
    in CC you can ctrl-Q
    but there is no option in EC to repeat what you type.
    (I wish they would add that feature to EC)

in order to do what you suggest, they have to write it somewhere else
    to copy and paste (so others know what you were referencing)
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2021
    When adding items to the vendor, I think it is possible to ctrl-c and ctrl-v the price. I could not remember if I used the notepad first, but its so fast.

I tried to load 40 repair scrolls onto the vendor, so I did the copy and paste. Sometimes I do so fast (or I yawned) and miss out on one, so the price becomes the default 4GP. If anyone knows any macro to bulk price single items in EC without Pinco, please share.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    UO Assist has a vendor macro
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Mariah said:

in CC you can ctrl-Q

in order to do what you suggest, they have to write it somewhere else
    to copy and paste (so others know what you were referencing)
    You can copy/paste I’m EC. I do it all the time with my vendor. 

Place item on vendor, type the price, highlight, copy, put another item on vendor, paste price into window. This is using ctrl c/ctrl v. 
    I thought the EC had a Vendor stocking thing on the containers menu
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Ctrl c & Ctrl V are bass Windows so will always work unless you have a utility or program overriding it. As in assigning them as a hotkey.
  • Sure might be scamming but also could be an error. Many buyers have benefited from similar errors going in the other direction. For my part it's hard to justify action against a player for something that could easily be an error.

It's also.....Not the best scam.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited November 2021
    in CC you can ctrl-Q
    In the default Enhanced Client you can Cycle Chat Forward/Backward. These options allow you to move through a list of the things you've typed into chat since the play session began (I believe - could be buffered). The list is channel specific and retains chat memory when channels are switched and any channel is returned to.

Cycle Chat Forward/Backward are customizable bindings (you can bind Crt-Q, or anything else you like). You'll find the control for these settings under User Settings > Input. It's near the bottom of the input list, right above Log Out and Quit Game.
    -Arroth
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    in CC you can ctrl-Q
    In the default Enhanced Client you can Cycle Chat Forward/Backward. These options allow you to move through a list of the things you've typed into chat since the play session began (I believe - could be buffered). The list is channel specific and retains chat memory when channels are switched and any channel is returned to.

Cycle Chat Forward/Backward are customizable bindings (you can bind Crt-Q, or anything else you like). You'll find the control for these settings under User Settings > Input. It's near the bottom of the input list, right above Log Out and Quit Game.
    thank you.
    I didn't realize that you could do that.
    I always use the right ctrl button in CC
    & didn't think to use the left one.

(thanks everyone for bringing this to my attention.
    other EC users I know, didn't know about this either.
    And anyone who wanted to know this info
    will be able to see it too)
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,948
    in CC you can ctrl-Q

thank you.

Actually, @Mariah , would it be possible to gather all these commands somewhere in the UO Wiki for players to more easily find them ?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    popps said:
    in CC you can ctrl-Q

thank you.

Actually, @ Mariah , would it be possible to gather all these commands somewhere in the UO Wiki for players to more easily find them ?

Can we start another thread for this? I need to know exactly what you want and where you think it should be, I can title it as 'Keybindings' as that section of the user settings for EC is in game, but I need the CC equivelants. I am unable to log in to Classic Client currently.