Serious problem for new players

I invited three friends to join me when I returned to the game last month. I'm having a wonderful time playing. I have no complaints about the game itself.

All three of my friends had massive problems just trying to create a trial account. All three of my friends worked on creating new trial accounts for over two hours! At this point, all three of them have given up.

Each one of them was constantly told that their email addresses were already in use, or their passwords were invalid. Trying to navigate the account and password maze just completely turned them off to the game.

I tried to help them, but I am as mystified as they are. It should seriously not take an act of Congress just to log into your game and create an account.

I'd love for someone to offer some help for my friends and I

Comments

• SableSable Posts: 239
    Did these friends play UO before?
  • No, they have never played before.
  • CyrusCyrus Posts: 49
    Email address already in use msg, they need to go to account at UO.com and click forgot my EA password (Don't click forgot my Mythic password). put their email in and click send. It'll send them a link to the email used to reset password. They then use their email and new password to log in to their Master Mythic account. From there they can create a UO account with a different name and password. :)  Isn't that just ridiculous!!!

But, that is what needs to be done.
    That forgot my mythic password link is garbage.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Generally I find the dual Broadsword/EA account stuff to be complicated and confusing.  Your friends may have never registered with Broadsword before, but they may have played some other game owned by EA, and their registration for that is what is getting in their way now.

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Ive made some endless journey accounts with new email addresses and not had any problems (yet).
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    edited April 2018
    Account recovery/creation, expansion purchases, new player guide, etc.,... it all needs to be streamlined.. forgive the dry business talk, but all of this hurts conversion...

It'd be good to have the booster packs, expansion packs and subscription packs to be in the Ultima store. And for an automatic payment method to be available that you set through your EA account.

I spoke with a few vets that were lost by some of these processes as well.. 
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    It sucks, they know it sucks, we know they know it sucks.
    But nothing will be done about it.
  • Account management system for UO is awful. They need to rebuild it but doubt they have the resources.
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    EA wont fund it, they are clueless when it comes to doing what they should do. Look what happened with UO in the mid 90's... Richard Garriot got told no several times by them, and they treated UO like a dirty red headed stepchild, even after UO became a mega hit, they botched it.
  • Well thanks for the feedback. I wasn't sure if they were aware of the problem. Based on my friends' experiences, I would guess that half the people willing to try the game can't even figure out how to make an account.

It's actually a terrible shame. After 20 years, the game still does a lot of things others don't.