Increasing size of ring gumps

2»

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2021
    Quality of life -> Bacons -> Big, huge rings...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    This thread is starting to be fun and will soon receive a frowny face 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    This thread is starting to be fun and will soon receive a frowny face 
    Frown will cause more visible wrinkles in the face.

Make the ring bigger, and more visible, and you will look younger instantly with less wrinkles.
    edited October 2021
    I vote yes for bigger wrinkles 

Wait rings yeah bigger rings 
    McDougle said:
    I vote yes for bigger wrinkles 

Wait rings yeah bigger rings 
     :D 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Has this thread completely finished with the intended topic?
  • Mariah said:
    Has this thread completely finished with the intended topic?
    *Hands @Mariah a Bacon Sammich*  I would say, that most likely it has indeed reached it's conclusion. We would like larger rings, we offered suggestions for said improvement. any more discussion will likely be in reference to Bacon and or Puppies.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Greta agrees 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Now it should be about the EC vs CC....

At least if you're using that horrible slot view in the EC you can eventually find a small item in the EC without having to move 8763786348634 things.

Find a ring or a bracelet in the CC during a Treasures Of event when you get one as a drop.

You get the message and immediately look in your pack so you can insure it and sure as spit you can't see it :/

It's not like my backpack is cluttered...I'm a mage/tamer...I don't need to carry a million things...just my runebooks :)

There is TONS of nice open, available space for a ring to fall in...but NOOOOOOooo...it has to go BEHIND a runebook.....so I have to move EVERY...SINGLE...ONE...until I find it.

Ask Greta, she'll tell you!

We can have CC containers in EC can CC not get EC containers?
  • Larisa said:

At least if you're using that horrible slot view in the EC you can eventually find a small item in the EC without having to move 8763786348634 things.

Find a ring or a bracelet in the CC during a Treasures Of event when you get one as a drop.

You get the message and immediately look in your pack so you can insure it and sure as spit you can't see it :/

It's not like my backpack is cluttered...I'm a mage/tamer...I don't need to carry a million things...just my runebooks :)

There is TONS of nice open, available space for a ring to fall in...but NOOOOOOooo...it has to go BEHIND a runebook.....so I have to move EVERY...SINGLE...ONE...until I find it.

You forgot the Bacon @Larisa

edited October 2021

Larisa said:

Yes, CC should get a bigger backpack with search functions, a better macro system, bigger ring and bracelet graphics, and more bacon!
    Ohh no...the bacon is in there...you just can't see it because it's HIDING UNDER ONE OF THE RUNEBOOKS!!!! ARGHHH!!!! (In classic Charlie Brown Style)

I deal with it though....I can never get the dress macro in the CC to work correctly so if I die and for some reason can't use my undertaker staff it's a PITA trying to find my jewelry but such is life lol.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I'm a mage tamer and carry 90 things usually. I took out a bag for the event so I'm down to 67 things.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    There really is no problem in EC, while it may be tricky to find in grid view, list view will show it easily.
    Mariah said:
    There really is no problem in EC, while it may be tricky to find in grid view, list view will show it easily.
    Shall we assume the ability to use artwork is one way ? CC works in EC but not the other way?
    :) I'm not saying a larger graphic wouldn't be helpful, just that there is a solution in EC, so it's less of a problem.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    Larisa said:
    I can never get the dress macro in the CC to work correctly so if I die and for some reason can't use my undertaker staff it's a PITA trying to find my jewelry but such is life lol.
    You need to keep the record dress key to be able to use the dress macro in cc. Since it's so useful I hope that you get it working.
    Chrille said:
    Larisa said:
    I can never get the dress macro in the CC to work correctly so if I die and for some reason can't use my undertaker staff it's a PITA trying to find my jewelry but such is life lol.
    You need to keep the record dress key to be able to use the dress macro in cc. Since it's so useful I hope that you get it working.
    Oh I do.

I have my record dress and Dress set to my numbers keypad, no keys I use on a regular basis. I've tried to delete / reset multiple times and it never works...so frusterating.

• ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    Numbers keypad and macros in cc isn't working that well, you usually have to turn num lock off for the game to recognise the keys and it's also a problem with them being saved (if you use non us keyboard setup). If you try set it to other keys it will probably work.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Mariah said:
    :) I'm not saying a larger graphic wouldn't be helpful, just that there is a solution in EC, so it's less of a problem.

The list view helps but its not efficient.  The gump to text ratio is too big and you're reduced to x # of items you can see. I only use list view for re-forging as it makes it easier.   If there was way to macro backview change, I could live with that.  The other issue is that the darker color rings dont mold well with the backdrop and with their size, still very hard to see.  Changing background color only reverts the same problem to another object.

The rings don't even need a new graphic.  Just update the dimensions on the art files. if they were 75% - 100% larger,  it'd be perfect.

edited October 2021
    Frankly speaking, I have no idea why a simple suggestion as increasing the size of a tiny pixel is so difficult and requires so much debate while the talisman in the classic client is bigger than the head. Maybe someone is afraid the monsters can't see that this character is "wearing" a talisman. 

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Larisa said:

You forgot the Bacon @ Larisa

LOL remember that time I left a trail of Bacon all the way from your Zento house to my Zento house on Siege :)

Still seems to me getting rid of the Garg Rings and Bracs is the best approach.  Never made sense to me that Gargs can wear human/elf jewels but humans/elfs can't wear Garg jewels.  Just make all jewels the Garg models and let every race wear them.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    I don't understand why Elves can wear human and Elf armor, Gargs can wear reg and Garg jewels, Females can wear male and female armor but Human males can only wear human male armor. 

Outstanding idea about the jewelry problem
    @Tyrath ;Just make all jewels the Garg models and let every race wear them.
    Large gargoyle frowns no take  big ring give swampy armor puny hummie
  • Tyrath said:
    Larisa said:

You forgot the Bacon @ Larisa

LOL remember that time I left a trail of Bacon all the way from your Zento house to my Zento house on Siege :)

Still seems to me getting rid of the Garg Rings and Bracs is the best approach.  Never made sense to me that Gargs can wear human/elf jewels but humans/elfs can't wear Garg jewels.  Just make all jewels the Garg models and let every race wear them.
    *BUUUUUURRRP* Sure do, best day I had in-game in years. +1 to Tyraths Idea, probably the easiest thing to do coding wise.