Revenants/vengeful spirit

“Give them a scythe instead of a halberd.

You’re welcome”
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    They are warrior spirits not farmer spirits reanimated?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    They farm souls?
  • A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     They kill what I want them to kill, could careless what they look like doing it.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Yoshi said:
    “Give them a scythe instead of a halberd.

You’re welcome”
    Looks are not bugs  :D

If looks are bugs, then priority goes to my shoulder graphics that are missing, like the epaulette and parrot (top view not paperdoll). 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “I did not post this in bug section”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The grim reaper himself would have scythe his underlings the revenants would use something else 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:
    The grim reaper himself would have scythe his underlings the revenants would use something else 
    Most likely a Sickle 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited October 2021
    Honestly, i think Magery/Necro summons need to be buffed to compete with Mysticism summons. Currently Magery summons such as BS, EV, Daemon, and Elementals don't even scale with Magery/Eval skill. All pictures were taken with max relevant skills, and Lvl 3 Mastery (+15% HP and SR).

BS used to be nasty, able to inflict Greater Poison. At least make BS a fast cast (1.5 secs instead of 4.5) and 1 Control Slot again. Giving BS GM Wrest/120 Parry (that many rotating blades should be able to easily parry most incoming attacks) and maybe even Grasping Claw (lowers Physical Resist) or Repel would be interesting (they'd need Mana to use these).

EVs used to be able to inflict Curse+Mana Drain+DP with their hit. Conductive Blast would be an interesting addition to them (would also need Mana).

The Daemon/Elemental Summons suck right now. The Daemon could provide a SDI buff while active (continuously lose Karma while maintaining a Daemon summon however, a demonic bargain in exchange for power), or have it's stats buffed and go back to a 5 slot with a longer cast time (making the Daemon Magery's "Big Boy Summon"). Make having an Elemental out give you a corresponding Damage Eater/Resonance buff, while buffing their stats.

Wouldn't let me lore a Revenant (since they're classified as human NPC), but even with 120 Necro/120 SS, they're a total joke. They get their ass whooped so hard by even a Boura. Give Revenants the ability to apply Curse with their hit (or Spellbinder debuff casting), and the ability to allow their summoner to Track the target (arrow on screen).
    Necro Familiars mostly suck too, and don't scale with Necromancy/SS skill. Allow Familiar skills to scale with Necro/SS skill, up to 120 in all their skills at 120/120 Necro/SS. The Death Adder should give passive Poison Resistance (similar to Orange Petals/Vamp Form) to it's summoner, and Vampire Bats should give +10% Life Drain to all attacks/spells for it's summoner.

Here's Nature's Fury, Pixies, Imps, and Reaper at 120 SW/Lvl 6 Focus. The Nature's Fury is a decent Physical tank, the Pixies are decent for interrupting enemy spellcasters, and the Imps are useless. The Reaper is formidable and useful, he actually has AoE capability and can tank to an extent (especially with how he pulls enemies to him). Arcane Empowerment can increase summon HP by 10%.

Here's Animated Weapon at 120 Mysticism/120 Focus/120 Tactics/120 Anatomy. The AW inherits 50% of your Tactics/Anatomy skill as it's own. Honestly, not worth the skill point investment to max it out. Would be better if it got Armor Ignore (needs Mana).

Now here's the Reigning King of Summons. A RC at 120 Mysticism/120 Focus. These things are incredibly powerful, easily able to solo a High Plains Boura where all other summons failed.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Are these RC stat with the mystic mastery running? 
    Are summons buffed by bard buffs?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Interesting suggestions @PlayerSkillFTW

I agree that summons could use some tweaking for sure. Especially necromancy. I like your ideas. 
  • McDougle said:
    Are these RC stat with the mystic mastery running? 
    Are summons buffed by bard buffs?

Yes, the corresponding Lvl 3 Mastery was used along with the summons. Why they all have +15% HP/+15 SR. The +10% HP that Arcane Empowerment gives was not used in the pictures, but i forgot to mention that buff is actually "retroactive", you don't need it active at the moment you summon the creature, you can summon the creature then activate Arcane Empowerment, and it'll grant them +10% HP.
    No, summons are not buffed by Bard songs or Play the Odds. Neither the commandable (blue) summons, nor the rampaging (red) summons (including Animated Dead, which do get +15 SR from Mastery). The only exception to this, is Necromancy Mastery's Commanded Undead. Commanded Undead are affected by Bard songs/Play the Odds, which is particularly nasty on something like two Skeletal Dragons (especially the Provo buffs, with how the increased damage output interact with their Life Leech).

Did quite a bit more brainstorming on a Summons Revamp. Going to post my ideas in another thread dedicated to it.