Butchers and Carving Kits

I do wish this situation could be tweaked a bit. Either guarantee a carving kit drop on the Butcher. Or make the Butchers spawn faster. Or add kits as a possible drop on other cemetery mobs. Put them on liches or on the players bones to give incentive to kill them.

Right now the mobs are so thick, if you melee, you're instantly surrounded three deep when you're fighting the butcher. No solo hunter wants to take the time to whirlwind long enough kill an army of skeletal knights before you move on to look for another butcher. And few if any groups are getting together to clean up cemeteries. I've run into one other person so far hunting at a cemetery. 

Going solo to Fel to increase my chances and using stam pots I haven't used in a decade in order to push through doesn't sound appealing.

I've been going around in circles looking for butchers to kill. Finding them on a roof where they can't be reached is also a pita. Can cross that cemetery off the list.

What are your thoughts, McDougle? :*

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
     No solo hunter wants to take the time to whirlwind long enough kill an army of skeletal knights before you move on to look for another butcher.

I do...every day.

I can't tell you how many times I have had to repair my double axe, it takes a beating but I love it. I have gotten quite a collection of bones this year.

If there is a butcher on a roof? Go get another character who can shoot it down! I haven't had that issue...YET...on Origin...but if/when I do? Maharia will be more then happy to e-bolt that bastage down ;)

Anyway, my opinion. I have gotten about 40 kits so far this year and I only do the cemetery rotation maybe twice a day.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Get the skeles to follow you around. Open the gate. Take them far away, invis and recall back.

There must be a lot of them because of Hythloth.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 773
    OMG tons, you guys! I'm luring them away in groups and trying to mop up now but yeah it's time consuming! And you're not kidding re wear and tear. And that's fine. And I guess I have to make my choices. Do I want to try to find the new pumpkin art or do I want to go play in Hythloth? I want to do both! 

I just wish the kits were a little easier to come by to make the time it takes to clean up the cemeteries a little less of a bummer and a little more worth it. 

Thanks for the replies :-)
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    Yeah it's a pain, I am the one running round the towns trying to find the ones that others have lured away! LOL I love the bone containers, we have a few people on Origin that create some hilarious names so those are always fun to get as well.

Good luck!

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    LilyGrace said:
    I do wish this situation could be tweaked a bit. Either guarantee a carving kit drop on the Butcher. Or make the Butchers spawn faster. Or add kits as a possible drop on other cemetery mobs. Put them on liches or on the players bones to give incentive to kill them.

Right now the mobs are so thick, if you melee, you're instantly surrounded three deep when you're fighting the butcher. No solo hunter wants to take the time to whirlwind long enough kill an army of skeletal knights before you move on to look for another butcher. And few if any groups are getting together to clean up cemeteries. I've run into one other person so far hunting at a cemetery. 

Going solo to Fel to increase my chances and using stam pots I haven't used in a decade in order to push through doesn't sound appealing.

I've been going around in circles looking for butchers to kill. Finding them on a roof where they can't be reached is also a pita. Can cross that cemetery off the list.

What are your thoughts, McDougle? :*

I've always only done graveyards in fel and never had issues finding Butchers or the drop rate of carving kits i use either my sdi tamer or ranged warrior 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...