Discussion : Shouldn't Paragons carry MUCH better loot as their normal counterparts ?

Considering that it takes a whole lot of more effort to kill a Paragon as compared to its normal conuterpart, don't you think, that the Loot Table for Paragons should be a LOT better as their normal counterparts ?

As of now, they pretty much have the same gold/loot as their regular counterparts, to my understanding...

For example, Paragon Elder Gazers and Paragon Balrons, shouldn't the definitely carry Legendary Artifacts within their loot ?

And I am not talking about the Demonic Forces artifacts, but about regular artifacts' items...

Instead, I mostly see regular "Magic" Items, at most, a Greater Artifact item... never seen a Legendary Artifact "regular" item on a Paragon Balron or Paragon Elder Gazer corpse...

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    Considering that it takes a whole lot of more effort to kill a Paragon as compared to its normal conuterpart, don't you think, that the Loot Table for Paragons should be a LOT better as their normal counterparts ?

As of now, they pretty much have the same gold/loot as their regular counterparts, to my understanding...

For example, Paragon Elder Gazers and Paragon Balrons, shouldn't the definitely carry Legendary Artifacts within their loot ?

And I am not talking about the Demonic Forces artifacts, but about regular artifacts' items...

Instead, I mostly see regular "Magic" Items, at most, a Greater Artifact item... never seen a Legendary Artifact "regular" item on a Paragon Balron or Paragon Elder Gazer corpse...

No and if you are wasting time looting you are doing it wrong 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    McDougle said:

Can't you sit on your hands once in awhile, McDougle? Must you offer your high and mighty opinion on everything under the sun? You, coming on here and telling someone whether they should loot their kills in the game or not. How obnoxious can you be? 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    McDougle said:
    popps said:

Well, there is players checking Gargoyle corpses for Gargoyle pickaxes.....

Furthermore, I am not talking about checking the corpses of the normal MoBs but, rather, making it worth to check the corpses of the Paragon ones.... and, perhaps, not even of "all" Paragons but just of the "top" ones....

That would be, a very limited number of corpses to have to check... of course, if the Developers made the odds of finding some Legendaries in them quite good....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    @LilyGrace glad to be of service  ;) 
    @popps you are here to kill as many things as fast as possible not loot them and paragon loot has always been terrible why would this change?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Yes put legendaries on paragons! I already farm them at chaos.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Surprised me when I first started playing that paras carried the same crap as their counterparts except for the garbage in the chests you sometimes find.  Usually is so much going on you can’t safely loot them anyway.  I sometimes loot the higher level ones because they sometimes have something good but for the most part these events are just about killing everything in sight so that’s what I do.  
    Probably best strategy is to the weapons that gives you the most points.  I have noticed that using the appropriate slayer on imps yields about 138 points on one shot kills while the other books only yield about 65.  Seems odd to me that one book raises more points than another on one shot kills but then that is UO.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    No I don’t think legendaries should drop on paragons.  The types of mobs that drop legendaries are far more powerful than a paragon. 
    dvvid said:
    No I don’t think legendaries should drop on paragons.  The types of mobs that drop legendaries are far more powerful than a paragon. 
    Not really....

I do have found, occasionally, Legendaries on NORMAL Balrons....

As well as on other MoBs taking less time to kill then a Paragon....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    popps said:

You can, of course, loot whatever you like, however by pausing to loot you are slowing down your own drop rate. You will get a lower number of drops per hour than someone who just concentrates on killing as fast as they can.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    popps said:

You can, of course, loot whatever you like, however by pausing to loot you are slowing down your own drop rate. You will get a lower number of drops per hour than someone who just concentrates on killing as fast as they can.

you can close the thread balron paragon and elder gazer already drops legendary
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    The better question is what is the increase in drop chance for treasure events for paragon vs normal. Compared to the increase in difficulty. 
    King_Greg said:
    The better question is what is the increase in drop chance for treasure events for paragon vs normal. Compared to the increase in difficulty. 
    @Kyronix said points are based on fame. But paragons have the same fame as normal ones.  He also said paragons give more points. So we may never know. 
  • My Macer/Paladin has looted a couple Legendary Artifacts off of Paragon Balrons in Hythloth with 2k+ Luck. Btw, Luck makes a huge difference in the rate of "Demonic Forces" drops.

I have the option running in CC where fresh corpses automatically open up for me, so i can immediately tell if a Gargish corpse has a Gargoyle's Pickaxe on it to loot. Grabbed 13 Garg Pickaxes in 2 hours last night. Biggest problem with that option though, is that when it auto opens a corpse, i can't apply a bandy for a second or two :/
    edited October 2021
    The chest will eventually open right over my stats and I can't see my HP.
    edited October 2021
    Fortis said:
    popps said:

you can close the thread balron paragon and elder gazer already drops legendary
    Well, then I must have been very unlucky...

I check any and all corpses of Paragon Balrons and Elder Gazers which I contributed to kill (looting rights) and I have found zero.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited October 2021
    Pawain said:
    King_Greg said:
    @ Kyronix said points are based on fame. But paragons have the same fame as normal ones.  He also said paragons give more points. So we may never know. 

I suspect the "more points" comes from the "more hit points", and more possible damage dealt by any given player.  That doesn't take into account the "time factor", as it takes more time for one player to kill one paragon balron vs. a hoard of low level stuff.

@popps,

Legendary artifact can drop from anything - I've seen one drop from a rat before.  You don't mention your luck, and that is likely a factor.  It's just not common with low level creatures.

I'd like to see shadowlords spawn in these events, that would add some nice chaos...

If the "dungeon" detects 5 archers in the same spot, and 2 EJ based bards, time to drop some paragon shadowlords in the area...

You should also check corpses of regular Balrons and Elder Gazers.  And, also those killed by other players.  Many players just 
    drop them and leave the loot.  Sorry for for the split message.  Just another finger slip.