Protection and resisting spells

2»

Comments

• gaygay Posts: 358
    edited October 2021
    120 Resist while in protection has been easily achievable since the introduction of imbuing, and even before that if you could manage to get correctly rolled jewels. It's nothing new, dexers have ways of dealing with it in the form of having Archery and using the Force Arrow with an Elven Composite Longbow, Mystic templates can use Purge, and every single character ingame can make use of ward removal talismans.

If you are struggling to cope with someone who has given up their faster casting and built a suit specifically towards one niche, then the problem isn't in that person's preferred way of playing, but in your own capabilities to take advantage of it and deal with the drawbacks.

PvP balancing should never factor in a players incapability to perform a simple process, just get better at the game. We had to.
  • Yoshi said:
    "if nobody does it,
    please explain your objection to the proposal"
    No one does it and if anyone actually wanted waste skill points boosting their resisting spells to overcap I would welcome it as that takes away from putting those skills in actually useful places.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Yoshi said:
    "if nobody does it,
    please explain your objection to the proposal"
    No one does it and if anyone actually wanted waste skill points boosting their resisting spells to overcap I would welcome it as that takes away from putting those skills in actually useful places.
    I've run across plenty of people who have run 120 Resist in protection since the release of Stygian Abyss, and an entire guild who did it prior to imbuing, however 80% of the people in that guild were banned because it apparently wasn't obvious to them how impossible it was to have 20 mages with the same exact jewerly and suits (aka they duped a suit) and how anyone with over a single digit IQ could notice that.

Needless to say, of all those people I don't remember the name of a single person who ran that setup because honestly, not a single one of them did anything worth remembering them for outside of playing a character in a weakened state and thinking it made them better.

Infact the only person who's name I remember that ran anything like that was Mr Stinky Fish, and he was a ninja chiv wrestle parry bola tamer with a greater dragon, and would sometimes go protection to avoid being interrupted on animal form, even though he played when ninja spells scaled with faster casting and had 4/6.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited December 2022
    "this issue is made worse with the new +10 resisting spells mantle of the archlich,

okay people can use talisman of ward removal + purge magic, but there is a cooldown of 8 seconds on purge magic, and protection is second circle spell, you just cast again instantly

even using macro for talisman of ward removal, in the time in takes to switch talisman (1 second), can just recast protection

I am sure you're not supposed to be able to overcap and have 155 resisting spells, and still 120 under prot and be invincible if you have mysticism

I think i'm only person in game who has damage output per second to defeat, should not require my level of skill to defeat"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    A good solution to this problem would be to have the Protection spell lower the caps for both Resisting Spells and Physical Resistance.  The Protection spell was designed way before all these +Skill items were introduced and needs to be updated.  Sort of like the way Corpse Skin was updated to lower your cap and ignore the overcapped value.
  • Del805Del805 Posts: 15
    Well getting hit from splinter every 20 seconds is very annoying from a mage perspective, Id prefer it to not drop your casting and act like a buff kinda like gift of renewal  
  • B_Magic69B_Magic69 Posts: 6
    If people want to play in protection with 0 FC, then.... So be it, and we can just laugh at their lack of usefulness.

Might be helpful in a dungeon fight, or I guess if you wanna sit and cast cleanse on yourself over and over.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2023
    “Another issue of having to use ward removal talisman on people in protection and over capped resisting spells:
    many talismans give +skill
    switching Tali to ward removal puts this skill switch under cool-down, so takes 15 seconds for you to get your skill back. 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.