SDI and DI... are there any builds that use both?

Is it ever good for a magic item to have both SDI and DI? Or is it trash?

Comments

• And while I am at it, what about items that have things like HCI on items that are otherwise for casting?

Any value to that?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    PvP uses what many of us think are weird combinations on jewels.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pvp caps are solid and easy to reach and if a ring has both di and sdi that helps reach the cap it is good 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    "i think he's talking about PvM, they are very good build, SDI is oft overlooked by warriors,
    the SDI works for hit lightning etc, and the cap is 250%, so you could potentially do more damage with the hit spell than the weapon (is not affected by slayer)"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Yoshi said:
    "i think he's talking about PvM, they are very good build, SDI is oft overlooked by warriors,
    the SDI works for hit lightning etc, and the cap is 250%, so you could potentially do more damage with the hit spell than the weapon (is not affected by slayer)"

Then apply the SDI to a whirl wind weapon that fires off the hit effect multiple times.. yes very much worthwhile to run SDI and DI on some PvM melee Templates. Even if its only a jewel set with 18 sdi on each piece.  Good jewels will have 18sdi 35DI and some Dex, MR or SSI on them at least that is what I look for. But even the 36% DI makes a very noticeable difference in overall damage.
  • Great information guys.

Hardest part of UO is sorting out loot apparently.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Great information guys.

Hardest part of UO is sorting out loot apparently.
    It is not easy sometimes.

Go here and look at items that sell.  Most of the items are PvP.  
    https://community.stratics.com/forums/uo-traders-hall.41/

PvM needs things that fit a basic template.  Then there are some hybrids.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.