top hats....

the more i think about it. parrots had no stats....why did they work ? both the new wand and lantern seem geared towards using the potion of transmuting on yet they have no stats or resistance ... @Kyronix @Mesanna let us have our top hats and veils !!
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Because blank robes have no stats. :D

Also Kyronix liked the Top Hats as targets. Was changed after they did work!  Add dang resists to them and FIX it!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    Because blank robes have no stats. :D

Also Kyronix liked the Top Hats as targets. Was changed after they did work!  Add dang resists to them and FIX it!
    Exactly so why does a hat need stats...

We're discussing the two new shield slot items on stratics that @Kyronix has said will work with potions here is my response 

I appreciate that but it's very frustrating for people who wanted the top hats and veils we were given the excuse that it was because they had no resistance or stat now to create something in a resistance/stat slot and allow it a slap in the face..
    If the top hats had resist stats they would be considered armor.  Duh  That's why the pumpkin head and bake kitsune hat work.  Only head armor can he transmogged.
    Pawain said:
    If the top hats had resist stats they would be considered armor.  Duh  That's why the pumpkin head and bake kitsune hat work.  Only head armor can he transmogged.
    Yet not shield shields are ok ? 
    edited September 2021
    @Kyronix ; This should be a shield target!!!

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    “That is a non parry item, 
    They could not be more clear with their description: 
    • Transmogrification Potion – Shield Slot
      • This potion will allow the transfer of properties from one shield slot item to another shield slot item.
      • You cannot convert shield-slot parry items to shield-slot non-parry items and vice-versa
        • E.g.  You cannot transmogrify the properties of a Dupre’s Shield to a candle.
      • The potion will not work on weapons that otherwise fit into the shield slot
      • Properties cannot be transferred to shield slot items that are imbued or have any existing magical properties.
      • The resulting item can not be imbued, reforged, or enhanced.
      • Not available on Siege Perilous”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    I don't care about the description....
    And a wand is a weapon invalidating your description argument...
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Please clarify”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Wand are weapons always have been..
    Isn't easy to just give the top hat and veil resistance...
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    i rather like Top Hats. I wouldn't mind seeing a Crown of Thorns as well. That could be cool. Hell, why not a cane with a Top Hat. Mace weapon I think. Would look damn dandy.
  • OrichOrich Posts: 20
    Instead of have to dealing with so many complains and posts on different forums about, why not come out with a simple solution @Kyronix ?  all honestly, How hard is to make a new recipe where people can craft a top hat or a veil and be done with? if people like or need to buy the whole wedding package and all, they can, but let people craft the Veil or top hat and than transmog, how hard is that? and would avoid all this posts!
    Orich said:
    Instead of have to dealing with so many complains and posts on different forums about, why not come out with a simple solution @ Kyronix ?  all honestly, How hard is to make a new recipe where people can craft a top hat or a veil and be done with? if people like or need to buy the whole wedding package and all, they can, but let people craft the Veil or top hat and than transmog, how hard is that? and would avoid all this posts!
    Yup a simple fix, if we must call it that.  Make players happy.
    this i could live with !! 
  • OrichOrich Posts: 20
    Pawain said:
    Orich said:
    Instead of have to dealing with so many complains and posts on different forums about, why not come out with a simple solution @ Kyronix ?  all honestly, How hard is to make a new recipe where people can craft a top hat or a veil and be done with? if people like or need to buy the whole wedding package and all, they can, but let people craft the Veil or top hat and than transmog, how hard is that? and would avoid all this posts!
    Yup a simple fix, if we must call it that.  Make players happy.

@Kyronix ; @Mesanna

Don't i look rather dapper come on @Kyronix @Mesanna lets do the right thing and fix this !! 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    a recipe for both would be an awesome gift.
    comes in a double heart gift box
    perfect for Valentine's Day

or give us the top hat and veil with stats
    in a new valentine box
    (if you are worried about flooding the market with top hats)

"for you and your one true love on your special day"
    has a nice ring to it
    Positive karma gets the normal set. Negative Karma gets the Undead set.
    McDougle said:

Don't i look rather dapper come on @ Kyronix @ Mesanna lets do the right thing and fix this !! 
    Sweet! So, the top hat from the wedding package can be transmogrified, or not? If so, I am wanting that.
    Ben said:
    McDougle said:

Don't i look rather dapper come on @ Kyronix @ Mesanna lets do the right thing and fix this !! 
    Sweet! So, the top hat from the wedding package can be transmogrified, or not? If so, I am wanting that.
    I'll let @Kyronix explain this 
    Only things designated as armor can be transmoged. 

The pumpkin head and the bake kitsuni hats can be.

A lot of players woul love the ability to transmogrify the wedding head wear. The veils would be great also.
    Pawain said:
    Only things designated as armor can be transmoged. 

The pumpkin head and the bake kitsuni hats can be.

A lot of players woul love the ability to transmogrify the wedding head wear. The veils would be great also.
    Thanks for that. So, anything already having resists. Got it. Explains this on Atlantic. The Jack o' Lantern helm I have already had stored away doing nothing but using for toons. Now, I see it can have a whole new life.

Still makes no sense parrots have no stats!! A simple matter of mr pvp raising a possible concern ruining it for all
    McDougle said:
    Still makes no sense parrots have no stats!! A simple matter of mr pvp raising a possible concern ruining it for all
    Parrots are robes. So only blank robes can be targets.

A newly crafted robe has no stats. A parrot has no stats. 

A newly crafted helmet or shield has stats.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I paid $50 for the wedding set in the UO store just to get two Top Hats for the "Steampunk" look. I too was excited - the disappointed - when the transmorph potion didn't work. Now one "house alt" wears one and the other "topper" is worn by my main character only when pimping around town. My Voodoo Loa alt - Baron Samedi - did wear the top hat and tux and won a silver mask at the Costume Contest :)

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    edited September 2022
    I'll throw my hat in the ring. Get it? nyuk nyuk It's a shame to have two very cool head slot pieces that you can't incorporate into gear you'd go fight with. Let us have transmogable top hats and veils. 

Edit: You know what'd be wicked fun? If there were a new addition to the Halloween graveyard fun. Add walking dead brides and grooms that have a chance to drop transmogable Top Hats and Veils. 

There's so much other stuff included in the UO Store wedding set that people want for decorating there's no way that would eat into the purchases of them.
    ritz.gif 846.4K
    The veils are very cool since you could dye them once they were transmogrified.  I would definitely be wearing a top hat if I could.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Pawain said:
    The veils are very cool since you could dye them once they were transmogrified.  I would definitely be wearing a top hat if I could.
    you can dye them without using a potion on them.

Joe wears his on Sonoma.
    paragon gold pigment.

And I have seen people on Atlantic with the veil colored.
     invulnerability blue

I'm still debating on what color I want to dye mine.
    I was checking out on TC the different colors and still undecided.
    (I usually wear it but when I go out fighting put other headslot item on)