Any particular reason why we can't teleport in shadowguard and blackthornes?

Any particular reason why we can't teleport in shadowguard and blackthornes?
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    For Shadowguard it has to do with the way each of the rooms are dynamically built. 

For Blackthorn's, that is probably something we could consider revising if there were no exploitable reasons why you shouldn't.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    Well blackthorns fell is particularly harsh on the poor dexxers, you can just put up one energy field and they have no way to escape. (All pvp dexxerss will normally carry teleport scrolls to get out of fields) but have no chance of casting dispel field. 

With regards to shadowguard, are you basically saying the designer didn’t have the technical know how to create the environment properly? so it’s a bug?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    Mervyn said:

With regards to shadowguard, are you basically saying the designer didn’t have the technical know how to create the environment properly? so it’s a bug?
    Seeing as how I'm the designer who made it, no I'm not saying that at all.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Kyronix said:
    Mervyn said:

Hehehehe that made me laugh, nice one @Kyronix!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,075
    (All pvp dexxerss will normally carry teleport scrolls to get out of fields) 

Sounds like a bug that needs fixed. @Kyronix
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 903
    You can't teleport in any dungeons that came out with Mondain's Legacy either.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Kyronix said:
    Mervyn said:

@Kyronix FOR THE WIN!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    Speaking of teleports and the Shadowguard, I would like to mention to @Kyronix  a bug I experienced once there. As you know, some bosses teleport you to them. Also, when a boss dies, the next boss starts on the platform with Minax and walks off.

I must have caught a 1 in a million fluke accident once, as I was being dragged to a boss as it died - but instead of being at its corpse, I was up on the platform with Minax and the next boss to spawn - at least, until I ran off screaming to keep from being killed in an inaccessible location (where Minax would rez-kill me if I died and tried to self-rez). My only hope, had I died, would have been to leave the roof to recover my body, which would have sucked for me and my party.

That is NOT a pleasant thought....
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Kyronix said:
    Mervyn said:

>:) :D ;)