EM Rewards?

I've been to a few EM events and understand that rewards are given out. Could someone explain to me how that works? For example is it completely random, damage done, luck plus random etc? Also how many rewards are typically given out? 

Comments

• The last thing they have said in public is that it's based on looting rights, which is determined by a combination of damage dealt, damage taken, and damage healed. The items are distributed randomly among all who got looting rights, pursuant to that formula. Players like to challenge me on that, sometimes rather vociferously, but all I can tell you is that's the last thing that was said in public.

The numbers of items vary by shard and event and my understanding is that there no longer is a way to know.

Never go to an event for an item or expecting an item. It's always disappointing because even if you get one this time, you might not next time. Lots of people do not take my advice and the result is a lot of complaining because people come to expect an item and try to bully the EMs when they don't get one.

You play on GL, like me. We are particularly blessed among all shards. Go for the stories, do what you can do, and cross your fingers.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited July 2021
    its changed several times over the years but currently, heres how it works.

- you absolutely have to have looting rights (damage done, healing done, damage taken - note potions, spirit, and life leech dont seem to count as healing done)

after looting rights, theres the number of drops the EM requested.  initially this number was usually between 5 and 30, but for about the last year im pretty sure the standard is basically 5 now.
    these items are distributed totally randomly.  all you have to do is get looting rights.

next is the points system.  basically you get an rng roll.  if the roll does not hit a "drop" roll, you get points for the next time you get looting rights, so your chances of a drop increase everytime you dont get a drop.  
    after you you do get a drop, the points are reset.  so your back at square one with the points.

in my experience of doing 100s of events under this system, it seems to be that your pretty much guaranteed a drop after about 3-4 events of looting rights.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Thank you for the great explanation of how the system works! 
  • I've been to a lot of EM events, do a lot of damage and "0" rewards. 
    What i think? They are always the same people who take EM rewards, always.

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Do you get looting rights on the boss mob? If not, then you are not contributing enough.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Players from LS get them each month. They are not always the same players and a lot of times they were dead most of the Boss fight. Also not the same leechers get the drops.
    BlackFish said:
    I've been to a lot of EM events, do a lot of damage and "0" rewards. 

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Smoot said:

- you absolutely have to have looting rights (damage done, healing done, damage taken - note potions, spirit, and life leech dont seem to count as healing done)

after looting rights, theres the number of drops the EM requested.  initially this number was usually between 5 and 30, but for about the last year im pretty sure the standard is basically 5 now.
    these items are distributed totally randomly.  all you have to do is get looting rights.

next is the points system.  basically you get an rng roll.  if the roll does not hit a "drop" roll, you get points for the next time you get looting rights, so your chances of a drop increase everytime you dont get a drop.  
    after you you do get a drop, the points are reset.  so your back at square one with the points.

in my experience of doing 100s of events under this system, it seems to be that your pretty much guaranteed a drop after about 3-4 events of looting rights.
    Excellent info! Recently I asked my EM too. Suggest to save it somewhere easily found by others. 
    @Mariah
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Norry said:
    Do you get looting rights on the boss mob? If not, then you are not contributing enough.
    what question is this? yes i get looting rights lol 
    Pawain said:
    Players from LS get them each month. They are not always the same players and a lot of times they were dead most of the Boss fight. Also not the same leechers get the drops.
    BlackFish said:
    I've been to a lot of EM events, do a lot of damage and "0" rewards. 

lucky ls players so, my last 10 em events i got all "Smoot said", i'm old player, I set the alarm to wake up to be able to participate in these events (I have a different time zone) but nothing and nothing and .... 
    I see always the houses of the same players full every day of new EM events, always, every month, all year round.
    I've been trying for months, but nothing. so I let it be
    thats all

I got my first EM award in the end of July which was my 4th event with drops. Thanks for all the info.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Seth said:
    Smoot said:

Excellent info! Recently I asked my EM too. Suggest to save it somewhere easily found by others. 
    @ Mariah

Where would you suggest?
    I think he was implying the information should be pinned so it was easily findable