Lucky Abomination Skull

So this item cost 75 points and is just a re-skinned 10th anniversary statue.  I kind of feel robbed.  If it were 25 points I'd understand but 75 is a pretty steep price for something I can't even stack with a 10th statue.  Really disappointed in the price of this.  Hoping someone who wants it for deco scoops it off my vendor.  What a waste of 75 points.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "it gives you the same luck bonus as 10th anniversary statue? and same duration/cooldown?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    @Foos - Can you confirm if it does anything different than the 10th anniversary sculpture? Can you stack them perhaps?
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    keven2002 said:
    @ Foos - Can you confirm if it does anything different than the 10th anniversary sculpture? Can you stack them perhaps?

I think it's intensity is the same (how much Luck it gives you).  If not it's extremely close.  But I believe it's the same.  I can also confirm the duration is the same (1 hour) and the cooldown is the same (24 hours).  Also, you  cannot stack them.  So you cannot use both at the same time and you cannot use one after the luck bonus from the other runs out.  As I stated in my original post it seems to be a complete re-skin of 10th anniversary statue.  Which I think is fine if it's going to cost 25 points.  But 75 is a heavy price for something so worthless to anyone who farms champion spawns. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    They have the tree from an EM drop that does luck. It does not stack. I doubt this would.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    Pawain said:
    They have the tree from an EM drop that does luck. It does not stack. I doubt this would.
    That makes sense.  I admit, I expected this when I spent the points but people kept asking and I am getting tons of drops so I just decided to do it.

• DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Foos said:
    keven2002 said:
    @ Foos - Can you confirm if it does anything different than the 10th anniversary sculpture? Can you stack them perhaps?

I think it's intensity is the same (how much Luck it gives you).  If not it's extremely close.  But I believe it's the same.  I can also confirm the duration is the same (1 hour) and the cooldown is the same (24 hours).  Also, you  cannot stack them.  So you cannot use both at the same time and you cannot use one after the luck bonus from the other runs out.  As I stated in my original post it seems to be a complete re-skin of 10th anniversary statue.  Which I think is fine if it's going to cost 25 points.  But 75 is a heavy price for something so worthless to anyone who farms champion spawns. 

10th anniv is 450 luck.  is this one better?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Drago said:
    Foos said:
    keven2002 said:

10th anniv is 450 luck.  is this one better?
    10th anniversary scales off account age
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    does anyone know if cooldown timer with skull is aligned with 10th anniv sculpture ?
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    there is hundread of items that gives luck bonus in game now many many events items they are all related to the same things account age 500luck +50 luck per years approximately
    For 75 points this is a complete waste.   Being that 10th anniversary sculpture is extremely easy to acquire.... the lucky abomination skull should either be on separate cooldown or stack with 10th...
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    What is the problem, nobody is forcing you to buy this item.  It is like people complaining about someone selling in Gen Chat that the price is to high, well guess what you do not have to buy it.  NEXT
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Bilbo said:
    What is the problem, nobody is forcing you to buy this item.  It is like people complaining about someone selling in Gen Chat that the price is to high, well guess what you do not have to buy it.  NEXT
    It's easy to not know all the particulars when you buy it though. I suppose you can make the argument, don't buy it until you know exactly what it'll be like but *shrug*

I do think the 1 hour every 24 hours is wicked chintzy. I'm not sure what the point is of being stingy with them. Maybe it's thought vets have too much of an advantage if they can stack that much luck on a luck suit? But lots of builds are hard to cram luck onto, no? Well, for me anyway.

I realize it's a lot easier to just put a new skin on something instead of muck about with old or build new code. But it would be nice to be able to buff up your luck more often when you're not built for it. Put a cap on it or something. You get a message that you're already one lucky sumbiatch. Go buy a lottery ticket! Or some such.

@Kyronix - Is there anyway to change this functionality on the skull just to maybe give a player +250 luck (or some set amount) that lasts 1 hour BUT does stack with 10th anniversary statue? By giving 250-400 luck it's not game changing by itself and doesn't really seem over powering but would pair perfectly with the 10th anniversary statue and actually be worth the 75 drop price tag.

Without any change to this item there is very little chance most will claim it; the 10HCI for the same price have way more usability. I can't see many people choosing the lucky skull over the earrings (or holding out for another 25 drops to get the luck mask).
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    @keven2002 - for a future reward we can evaluate the usefulness of the luck bonus as it relates to that class of items.  Can't change it for this event, however we can moving forward.  
    Thank you!
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Drago said:
    For 75 points this is a complete waste.   Being that 10th anniversary sculpture is extremely easy to acquire.... the lucky abomination skull should either be on separate cooldown or stack with 10th...
    No. Before every event had some deco like this. To remind you about event.  Now they made more deco which is functional. Last one functional was Srepent Jaw.  And you are complaining? *shows tongue*   

@Kyronix , this is a nice thing Such items from limited events should not have some overpowered properties. 
    edited July 2021
    Gwen said:
    Drago said:
    No. Before every event had some deco like this. To remind you about event.  Now they made more deco which is functional. Last one functional was Srepent Jaw.  And you are complaining? *shows tongue*   

@ Kyronix , this is a nice thing Such items from limited events should not have some overpowered properties. 
    You do realize you can place these objects and set them public.  How is that overpowered?

Or even drop on the ground for others to click.  Then pick back up. As you said in another thread, This is an online game, interact with other players. If you do not like something, don't use it.  But don't tell others what they can use.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    LilyGrace said:
    I do think the 1 hour every 24 hours is wicked chintzy. I'm not sure what the point is of being stingy with them. 

“If you log in and use luck for one hour to PvM, then log out, the next real day you can use the luck statue again.
    So if you do PvM for an hour a day, it’s active for 100% of your PvM time.
    (if people PvM for longer than an hour a day, they have the option to look at re-evaluating their lifestyle choices)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Pawain said:
    Gwen said:
    Drago said:

@ Kyronix , this is a nice thing Such items from limited events should not have some overpowered properties. 
    You do realize you can place these objects and set them public.  How is that overpowered?

Or even drop on the ground for others to click.  Then pick back up. As you said in another thread, This is an online game, interact with other players. If you do not like something, don't use it.  But don't tell others what they can use.
    AFingMen @Pawain
    Gwen said:
    Drago said:
    No. Before every event had some deco like this. To remind you about event.  Now they made more deco which is functional. Last one functional was Srepent Jaw.  And you are complaining? 

I don't think anyone is complaining about the reskinned statue itself BUT at 75 points? I get it that people like deco or reskinned items just to look different but can you honestly say it's worth it with the current price tag?

You mention clothing as a reward in another thread; what if they add those to the reward list and they are all 75 points each? What if they are 100 points like the wildfire mask which is wearable and hued? How many plain clothes (hued wildfire) are you really claiming over other stuff if you are just putting it on a vendor? 
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Pawain said:
    Gwen said:
    Drago said:

I dont like whole idea of powerfull artifacts that have limited event drop time. 
    So till there will be a way to farm (even after killing gazillions of mobs, or each peerless within 1 hour , or whatever hard quest)  them for players who didnt participated in the event- I wil oppose such ideas. Like statue itself - can be obtained by anybody. 
    Not that I personally will not like some luck bonus stacked with whatever else. 

keven2002 said:

I don't think anyone is complaining about the reskinned statue itself BUT at 75 points? I get it that people like deco or reskinned items just to look different but can you honestly say it's worth it with the current price tag?

You mention clothing as a reward in another thread; what if they add those to the reward list and they are all 75 points each? What if they are 100 points like the wildfire mask which is wearable and hued? How many plain clothes (hued wildfire) are you really claiming over other stuff if you are just putting it on a vendor? 
    There is a table for 80. No complains there. 
    Pages, ,chunk and towel also do nothing. 
    Skull cost 75. And having statue property it looks way more like lucky skull than having none. 
    Statue is obtainable in virtue dungeons all the time. No artifacts needed. 
    Agree to rub statue for luck bonus - go on. Wanna rub skull - pay 75 arties.  Want it for your museum - pay 75. 
    A luck statue is not a powerful artifact. They have EM drop versions of luck statues. Only a few of those powerful artifacts dropped....
    Gwen said:
    Pawain said:
    Gwen said:
    Drago said:

I dont like whole idea of powerfull artifacts that have limited event drop time. 
    So till there will be a way to farm (even after killing gazillions of mobs, or each peerless within 1 hour , or whatever hard quest)  them for players who didnt participated in the event- I wil oppose such ideas. Like statue itself - can be obtained by anybody. 

keven2002 said:

Skull cost 75. And having statue property it looks way more like lucky skull than having none. 
    Agree to rub statue for luck bonus - go on. Wanna rub skull - pay 75 arties.  Want it for your museum - pay 75. 

Would be cool if they added random drop of an item from any event ever held in some random dungeon each week. Limited to 1 item per account to prevent flooding the market.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Several posts have been removed that were violations of rules 1 and 7 of the terms of service. Please refrain from trollish and/or disrespectful personal attacks. Thank you.
    Drago said:
    Gwen said:
    Pawain said:
    Gwen said:
    Drago said:

keven2002 said:

Would be cool if they added random drop of an item from any event ever held in some random dungeon each week. Limited to 1 item per account to prevent flooding the market.
    Let more drop so more people can have them and keep the price down.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Bilbo said:
    Let more drop so more people can have them and keep the price down.
    +1

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs