Warning: Bane Dragon went poof in Fire Dungeon (Trammel)

PitrPitr Posts: 163
Warning:
- just saw a bane dragon go poof in Fire Dungeon... one second it was fighting a paragon succubus, the next it was gone. No clue what just happened.
The tamer went to 0 pet count... login out and back in... no results.

Comments

• GwenGwen Posts: 210
    There are lots of hidden lines where your pet will not hear you. 
    Also if your template rely on jewels you can forget to put them on. Or try to call pet when yu are dead. All will lead to decreased loyalty. And  pet will go wild or poof. Dont use all kill much. Dont use "all follow me"  without "All stop"
    Dont use "all follow me" if you are behind the corner. And dont ask pet to attack something far from you or in lava pool.  Relogin once you are dead. 
    I lost WW there once. At the place where 2 lich houses are. Near the bridge. Quite open place but it happened. 

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    There are a lot of 'line of sight' issues in Fire, I got a couple of 'looks around desperately' messages from my pet, and that's unheard of for me. I took to using lore often and feeding frequently while in there.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2021
    "What do these comments have to do with a pet going poof? You're suggesting the pet went wild and died? and the owner didn't notice it went wild and couldn't see the corpse there? that would've remained for circa 5 mins.

This sounds unlikely considering there are now ingame messages regarding line of site check"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PitrPitr Posts: 163
    edited June 2021
    Greetings!

The owner of the pet was fighting near the exit of Fire dungeon to Serpent Hold... then the tamer left the dungeon, while the pet was inside... then the owner came inside and there were two pets... then the owner of the pet exited again and both pets went poof.

I was there watching and fighting... and it sure was weird.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    The double pet bug. It can cause both to go poof. When this happens if it is a mount you should get on it and go put it in the stable.  Then check the stable for its name and log out.

If you would have said that in the first post, sometimes the pet is in the stable near Blackthorns castle entry standing in a stall.  You can retrieve it there.

Never play around when you have 2 pets.  (only 1 can fight)  But ppl like to mount one and fight with the other and it will go poof soon and your mount poofs also.  Sometimes they both just go poof.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “2 pets showing at once is a symptom of the issue of pet going poof, not a cause, I suspect it has something to do with leaving the server while the pet is attacking a paragon, tried to reproduce but did not (don’t want to try too many times as I would lose my own pet)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    It happens in Navrey when you use rocks and have a rideable pet.  But its too random for me to know how to cause it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.